Click image for larger version

Name:	rmotion.jpg
Views:	7070
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	88489

Full article : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/articl...ion-innovation

Product Info : http://www.rmotiongolf.com/

Originally posted by ProTee United View Post
    Delay is maybe 0.5 seconds. Same as ProTee. Instant shot launch.
    That is awesome! Any chance "The Golf Club Simulator" (the full version, not the game from Steam) I purchased on sale last month - but have not yet activated - will be immediately usable with the R-Motion?

Thanks for the quick response. Cannot wait to see this in action!

Comment

• ProTee United
      ProTee United commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that should work.

• GolfGuy72_2000
      GolfGuy72_2000 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sold! I'm with the guy who's wondering if he can have his now. Thanks for the quick reply, and for the good work it looks like you've put into this, ProTee!

Is this Kickstarter product Tittle X w 5 course Trugolf E6 sim (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...si/description) similar to this R-Motion Golf w TGC? Thanks.

Comment

• Boverton
      Boverton commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like Tittle will be available soon on Amazon for $199 with the same amount of clips.

I got to hit some shots with the R-Motion today at Dennis's booth at the PGA Merchandise show in Orlando. I have to say I was definitely impressed. I first walked up to the booth to see Dennis hitting shots into a TGC projection screen. I looked around for a bit trying to find where the readings were coming from. I didn't see any sensors in the mat, no launch monitor on the ground, no doppler radar overhead...I was dumbfounded. He turned around and I asked what sorcery he was up to now?! He didn't speak a word, just pointed at the club shaft and laughed. There it was, a little usb thumb drive looking device clipped to the top of the shaft. Of course it was actually R-Motion sensor with bluetooth communication to the PC. Brilliant!!!

After owning the full ProTee setup and a GC2, I'm definitely in the market for one of these. I don't mind choosing accuracy over precision here. I was able to produce a fade, slice, draw, hook, and straight shot just like normal. Club statistics were good and obviously TGC as the setting was tremendous. This is not the same $300 you spend to get a piece of garbage like the Optishot. This was really cool. I found out they calibrate all the R-Motion sensor output data against a Trackman in order to develop their trajectory algorithms--no wonder it works so well. Little bit of statistical regression and 10,000+ swings later you have a pretty good proxy for true ball flight. Hopefully getting on the list to test the unit further and provide more feedback here.

Comment

• pkim813
      pkim813 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have or have had a ProTee or GC2... why would you also be interested in having the R-Motion?

Bubba22 also reported it was a good device that impressed but that it can't compare to ST, GC2 etc.. why specifically? I realize R-Motion ball flight is based on calculations/algorithms but if based on Trackman, would any of us notice??

Last question: it was stated there was a 0.5 sec delay for R-Motion but on the Par2Pro video, it seemed like 3 seconds.. what was your impression of the shot delay?
      thanks!

• wizardofodds
      wizardofodds commented
      Editing a comment
      Why I like it:
      pkim813 I lost a ton of space in my garage due to my fiance moving in...no more room for ProTee camera or big projection screen to hit into. Now with the club sensor I can see myself hooking the PC up to a nice size TV perpendicular to a hitting net and enjoying some indoor golf practice that way.

Why it's not comparable to Trackman but still more than acceptable:
      The reason why you can't directly compare the R-Motion device to GC2 or any other launch monitor is because it's not watching the ball. It's margin of error for spin RPM, launch angle, ball speed, etc is probably a bit wider than the $7k-$20k launch monitors. The trajectory model for R-Motion would be calibrated off output data from the club shaft sensor and compared to what Trackman said the club data, ball data, & ball flight were. Just like in statistics you can build a regression model off a ton of data points that is highly correlated (ProTee, R-Motion, etc) but it will have margins of error when the estimated data point is put up against an observed data point (e.g. Trackman or real world).

Final Thoughts:
      I'll say it a different way, my affinity for the R-Motion is an acceptable tradeoff preference ($300 vs $7k+) of accuracy (R-Motion is pretty accurate) over precision (Trackman is dead on).

Delay time was the same as I remember TGC always being. Around 0.5-1.0 seconds. Definitely playable. PC hardware spec requirements are the same.

Finally, chipping and putting definitely works. I watched Dennis putt. I hit some chips just fine. Let's clarify the accuracy vs precision again on chipping. I'm willing to bet the R-Motion doesn't know the difference between a 5,000RPM chip vs 10,000RPM chip. The 5k will roll while the 10k will check up. That's something only a launch monitor can get right shot-after-shot. The club shaft sensor probably doesn't know how good you are at making perfect contact with the bottom dimple of the ball. But for $300 I'm not worried about it.

Comment

From the quick gloss over video( where the putting, chipping, driving?) and more testing in a month or so, makes me believe this thing ain't ready for a while, shame.

Comment

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        Of course its ready! You can chip, put, drive... shipping starts next month #noshame ;-)

• Jasonstanley
        Jasonstanley commented
        Editing a comment
        cool, I'm getting one ,great for the kids,

this seems like a great idea! I would buy this in a heartbeat if it integrated with skytrak to provide accurate club and ball data

Comment

ProTee United I have a question.

On page 2 you said that you can't have R Motion on the same machine as someone who currently has TGC. But on the top of this page, someone else was asking if the TGC they just bought would be able to be used with this and you mention that it should be. Can you clarify this? I currently have TGC with skytrak and want to know if i buy R motion to get swing/club data can I use my current TGC software with it or could I at least load another version of TGC that comes with R motion onto the same machine?

I could see myself using R motion with TGC at the same time using skytrak with the skytrak PC app. I downloaded a program that forces a window to always be on top so I could have TGC running windowed full screen and then force the skytrak app window to be on top. That way i can see both sets of data and with the blessed/cursed ST delay, watch the flight of Rmotion immediately and then the flight of ST after.

BTW, with the window always on top app, I was able to watch the golf channel while playing TGC. It was awesome!!

Comment

• Jasonstanley
          Jasonstanley commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't see where they've said u can't have it on the same machine? I really hope not! I think they're saying you can't use existing sim TGC, one guy said he's paid for the sim version but not yet registered it, apparently he can use that with r motion. (Silly name by the way)

• Jasonstanley
          Jasonstanley commented
          Editing a comment
          Although it does read like that, surely they mean two programs running beside each other

• FaultyClubs
          FaultyClubs commented
          Editing a comment
          If it is sufficiently acurate then it would be great if regular TGC users could run this simultaneously to get club data that everyone clamors about. Not being tightly integrated is a plus since it would work with every system and would not require the effort to integrate and precisely correlate the data.

Does it have the same computer requirements for TGC? Where can this be preordered in the US? I saw you can preorder through protee but it's more than $60 to ship

Comment

Can't easily play a round of golf with only 4 clips. How much do they cost to buy more?

Is the 300 swing limit real? Seems to preclude playing a foursome with your buddies.

Any thought to increasing the 15 course number to include more kid/family friendly courses? Without multiple tees the 6500 length courses are a bit much for them.

Comment

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post
            Can't easily play a round of golf with only 4 clips. How much do they cost to buy more?

Is the 300 swing limit real? Seems to preclude playing a foursome with your buddies.

Any thought to increasing the 15 course number to include more kid/family friendly courses? Without multiple tees the 6500 length courses are a bit much for them.
            Were you able to see the course list? Agree that multiple tees would be helpful. Very curious on computer requirements, cost of clips. It's supposed to be family friendly, great entertainment but if it costs $1000 to buy a computer and $150 for clips it becomes a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by sdrthedj View Post

Were you able to see the course list? Agree that multiple tees would be helpful. Very curious on computer requirements, cost of clips. It's supposed to be family friendly, great entertainment but if it costs $1000 to buy a computer and $150 for clips it becomes a different animal.
              Yes, as per protee earlier in the thread. I found 1 kid friendly course around 1300 yards, a 5700 yard course and all the rest were 6400-7000 yards. I don't have a problem with what's there but wouldn't call it kid/family friendly.

The computer requirements will be the same. The typical user's requirements may not. So they might be happy running with lesser settings.

Is the target market really "family friendly, great entertainment"? I can't figure out what the target market is.
              Last edited by FaultyClubs; 01-27-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

How would you compare this to Tittle being shipped next month too? Tittle includes all clubs with 5 courses but do you need to purchase E6 as well?

Comment

First impressions.
                  R-Motion Golf is a simulator designed for home play that lets golfers use their real clubs to play through 15 virtual courses. But does it come close to the real thing?

Comment

• Jb50
                    Jb50 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lost a little faith in this review after he said you can use a towel to hit off of. 😂

Great response at the 2017 PGA Merchandise Show. Thanks to team TGC. We will post some vids next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	teamtgc.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	100398

Comment

Working...
                  X