4 things that would make TGC perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 things that would make TGC perfect

1.The ability to add more clubs to your bag!! How they don't even have Hybrid clubs is beyond me..

2. Custom distance settings on distance of your clubs.. I mean yeah, I wish I could carry a driver 265 like it says but that's only a dream...

3. Obviously different sets of tees options. I love all the custom built protee course but I also really enjoy trying out the other courses but 7200 yards is just not manageable unless you really can smash the ball off the tee.

4. More than one player being able to save their profile!!! This one is big, I would like to be able to save my friends so when they come over it's super easy to load them up and play.

Other than these issues, I think this game is AMAZING... I can't even believe I'm able to play all these courses and have so much fun (and frustration) every night while it's 25 degrees outside now here in the Northeast.

Anything else you guys think should be addressed in future updates?

These are the four biggest requests that come up from many of us over and over. At this point we'll have to wait for TGC2. Multiple sets of tees and custom club sets will be part of it. Not sure on #2 and #4...whether they are part of the core TGC2 game or just the simulator edition, they would be massive improvements. #2 would enable the game to suggest the correct club most of the time.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      I sure hope 4 gets in because it's pretty horrible when you disconnect during a round with friends then you can't just reload and continue because they disappear from the game completely... seems like a basic feature to me..

• allen2be
      allen2be commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Frustrating not being able to resume after a reboot.

• allen2be
      allen2be commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Frustrating not being able to resume after a reboot.

Other than those items, i'd just like more control over camera position/behaviour and some tweaks to automate things a bit. i.e. automatically trigger the scout cam at the start of each shot for a few seconds (turn this on/off in options) and also tweak the scout cam a bit more so that when it triggers on the green, the camera jumps to a spot halfway between the ball and the hole so it would work well to read the green grid.

With some of these changes, the trips to a keyboard or mouse could probably be cut to less than half what they are now.

Comment

One more thing that would be awesome is being able to see your scorecard, similar to how you can on the tournament website with fairways, greens, and bunkers hit along with your score. I seriously would pay a monthly cloud fee to store all my scorecards online for viewing.

Comment

One suggestion that maybe ProTee United could request from HB Studios in TGC2. For "live" multiplayer, it would be great to be able to have the camera on your golfer as you wait for others to hit, that way you can choose you club, scope out the green etc. Then when they hit, switch cameras to their avatar and see their shot and where it ends up.

I think it would greatly increase the pace of play for live multiplayer especially when there is a 4 some. Currently, I don't think you can scope out your shot until its your turn, so if you have a 4 some, you have a delay as each guy reads the green, shot, etc when its their turn.

Comment

• MainStGolf
          MainStGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          YES! YES!

Not being able to scout while they are up is a pain. I always feel bad because I'm taking so long and I try not to use the scout function as much as possible when playing live just for those reasons.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great suggestion!!!!

• gene438
          gene438 commented
          Editing a comment
          Best suggestion I've read!

I run a 18 man sim league. We will use E6 until TGC has multiple profiles and tee options.

The auto align putts in E6 is helpful for newbies and hackers. It would be nice in TGC.

The distance after you hit a shot only shows how far you hit the shot. Why? Most sims show the distance to the pin. We play closest to the pin on par 3s. Not seeing the distance to the pin immediately after the shot makes CTP difficult.

Comment

ProTee United I hope and pray that TGC will eventually offer something where seniors, kids and ladies can also be competitive in tournaments and multiplayer matches. I believe as the simulator industry continues to grow I think this is a major opportunity to open the experience up to a much larger market. Unfortunately no senior, kid or lady can be competitive with the current single tee limitation.

Comment

• Lgnir
            Lgnir commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, the way my driving has been going lately, I NEED senior tees!

TGC2!!!! Just bit the bullet on TGC which is awesome. But come on. We need profiles here. Family and friends are killing profiles and handy caps. The stats mean nothing to people with thousands invested in there golf practice and feed back tools.

Comment

Sledge I also agree. I have two kids and their grandfather who would love to play so competive tournament rounds.

Comment

This has been on the radar for 2 years. Hopefully it's in TGC2
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBones View Post
                Sledge I also agree. I have two kids and their grandfather who would love to play so competive tournament rounds.
                My old man refuses to play in the tourneys since he just runs out of steam. He's in his upper 70's and shoots in the mid 80's regularly. I bought TGC and Skytrak for him as a gift but it would really be a gift to me if we could get multiple tees put in place on the tourneys.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's pretty cool man. My son is 10 and I just bought him his first decent size clubs. Hoping it leads to a lifetime of playing golf together...

• Sledge0001
                  Sledge0001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah it is pretty darn cool that we get to play a round together virtually. Getting the match setup where we both see each other in TGC is a bit of a challenge but we have a blast.

I wish TGC would include at least an audio component so you could chat live during the game. We have been using skype with pretty good success.

Overall in my opinion it's well worth the investment given that I live across the country from him and we get to battle it out and talk sh!t!

• Lgnir
                  Lgnir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sledge0001, you are a class act dude!

Unfortunately we won't see any big changes like this until TGC2. Multiple tees, saving guest profiles, a proper driving range..... all of these things have been brought up for over a year. With TGC2 being released within a year, I would think that all big changes will go straight there.

Comment

Any idea how much the upgrade from TGC to TGC2 will cost?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
                    Jwheels9876 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was thinking about this the other day, I just paid the $999 a few months ago, I damn well don't want to have to pony up another big payment to upgrade basic stuff that probably should already be in there like guest profiles and custom clubs in the bag.. I already have a range in the skytrak so I don't really care much about that part and most of the real life courses made have been shrunk down for Sim play...

• petroche
                    petroche commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think I am more concerned about SkyTrak charging for TGC2 upgrade based on their pricing policies to date.

• DirtyGarry24
                    DirtyGarry24 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I worry that the idea of TGC2 could divide the tournaments? I hope that is not so. I hope I'm not forced to go with TGC2 regardless of the price. Maybe/hopefully this has been answered?

From what I have read (don't take my word for it as I do not want to speak for Protee),

If there are any changes/ upgrades to the current TGC software (which it seems that there are some coming), current owners will likely not have to pay any fees to upgrade or there may be a very minimal charge if anything.

Comment

• Ryan5508
                    Ryan5508 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One could only hope this is the case

1) Ability to save guest profiles. This could be limited to 10 guests or so free for private owners, with commercial users paying per customer profile.
                  2) multiple tees on courses. This would be in line with the tee it forward campaign that I completely agree with.
                  3) An option for continuous putting when playing in a group. This would considerably speed up play times in my opinion.
                  4) Stats for putting, fairways hit, greens in regulation and driving length average shown at the end of your game.

Comment

Working...
                  X