Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @cooke23 winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at TPS River Highlands Better : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...s-championship
See more
See less

TGC - Other simulation softwares - Ball trajectory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC - Other simulation softwares - Ball trajectory

I apologize if the topic has already been treated, even though I searched without success on the forum. Regarding the simulation: with TGC or other simulation softwares the trajectory of the ball is the same as is shown on the driving range of Skytrak, or change anything? I imagine that the ball data (speed, angle of attack, spin, etc.) are always the same. So what changes? Why many say that the ball flight with TGC is more faithful to reality? Excuse me but I can not understand this thing. Thanks to those who will answer

Not sure your question but this may help. Indoor Simulation is a combination of ball/club measurement (whatever method, camera, radar, infrared sensors, laser etc. etc.) and math ( Algorythms to determine what exactly these measurements would represent in showing a ball flight). The accuracy of the measurements depend on your system (GC2 vs Trackman vs ProTee vs ST etc. Each simulation software will have different math (Algorythms) that is used to determine the ball flight based on the measured ball speed/launch angle/direction/spin etc. So TGC is different than E6, FS1, JNPG, ST range, Trackman, Flightscope etc. Which is best???? Who the heck knows! TGC I know is based after optimal flight which I believe to be very accurate. At the end of the day however, it's all math.

Comment

• Lawyer
      Lawyer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Bubba. Indee my question was not too much clear. I explain better: I have a Skytrak and use it with the range application. If I buy TGC (or any other software), given the same shot, will I see a different ball flight beetween the range and the course (carry, spin, altitude, ecc.) or the trajectory will always be the same? Why many say that TGC gives a better trajectory? Thanks

Yes, You will se slightly different flight between the ST range and TGC, given the same shot. They use different Algorythms. The difference will not be major and depends on the shot.

Comment

• Lawyer
      Lawyer commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Bubba
Working...
X