The Ultimate Simulator Driving and Practice Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Simulator Driving and Practice Range

Let us know all the great features you would like to see in the "Ultimate Simulator Driving and Practice Range".
    What sort of statistics, practice games, trace colors, views, you name it...

Share your ideas (and great features seen elsewhere). Post screenshots and tell us what the "ultimate" should be

I have a driving range on skytrak so I'm personally not fussed with a driving range, however I do think they need to implement a fun way of practicing.
    i don't know if this has been thought of before but I've come up with a game.

Working title :The race.
    mainly multiplayer but can be single.

object : first to pass the finish line.

ok, you have options to choose the length, depending on how many people are playing. So for this instance I'm playing with 5 people so I want to keep
    it short, say 2000 yards.

first screen comes up with a mini map of the track. All Along the track are landing points( targets) . So for example if this particular game there are 25.

the first landing zone could be 100 yards away, the second 150 yards, the 3rd could be 30 yards on from the second landing zone.

so I have the option on my first turn to go for the 1st landing zone which is 100 yards away but I've decided to brave it and go for the third target which is 180
    yards away, I hit my shot, I hook it and miss. I now have to remain at the starting line.

The next player sees that he has an advantage and decides to hit a wedge to the first landing zone. He hits it, and advances to first landing zone, the next landing zone for him is only 50 yards away, whwere has for me the same landing zone is 150 yards away. The third player is feeling cocky and goes for the 4th landing zone which is 220 yards away. Hits it fat but is ok , he has luckily landed on landing zone 3.

but we don't want to reward luck too much, near landing zones are satellite danger landing spots, hit those will see you losing your turn, or sngle player go back one landing zone.

each landing zones can vary in size, obviously the smaller the riskier. The one who reaches the last landing zone first, which is long but narrow ( for people who want to risk driver) will win, there will be second and third place .

this game idea could be islands in the sea, or if you want to make it fun, the ball could be a frog, the landing zone could be lillypads, the danger zones crocodiles. Can u imagine the frog spinning in the air, legs flailing, eyes bulging, Call it golf frog!

Comment

• SirNeedaSim
      SirNeedaSim commented
      Editing a comment
      Very creative thinking, I like it.....Around the World for Golf. To go even further you could add "bank it" and "press your luck" features. It would be a fun play with kids or buddies.

Oh my, I don't want to speak for Protee, but I don't see them getting into modelling frogs/exploding animals...

I thought they were more asking about what features you'd like to see on a driving range. Not so much what games can they make. Maybe I'm mistaken...

Comment

• goatbarn
      goatbarn commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, not that I don't like it. I just know Protee isn't in the graphics modelling business, so I believe these suggestions are being passed along to HB Studios for TGC2. Again, I could be mistaken, but I don't think they'll be able to easily add functionality like you request...

I do think they'll be able to add things like normal range functions tho. Ball tracers, stats, dispersions...etc. I guess we'll see.

For your sake, hopefully I'm wrong!

• goatbarn
      goatbarn commented
      Editing a comment
      And as you see below, I stand corrected! Definitely didn't mean to "mock". Typed text often can be interpreted different ways by reader, as I wasn't trying to make fun. Looks like we'll have some shiz to blow up on the range if you so choose.

• Jasonstanley
      Jasonstanley commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I wasn't referring to you, I just mean it in general posting .

If I want to practice I use the SkyTrak's driving range. I use the centre line as my target and in my head call distances and use different clubs accordingly, yes it seems people have gone off topic and ignored driving range and gone onto fun challenges, maybe ProTee needs to listen to that more people would rather that than a DR. Of course I'm speaking from a "me" perspective , but I paid out £850 for a sim game that i don't use as much as the skytracks app,, i never play it on my own , I do enjoy the tournaments because of the challenge and like online play when it's going smooth, ( I got all excited when I got TGC, invited friends over and they preferred bloody skytracks nearest to pin!) Shorter challenge games is something that is certainly missing in my book, I'm going to buy e6 just for that reason , but like I say, I may and most probably be in the minority here . In retrospect I wish I'd never bought TGC especiallyin the current format it's in. The point I'm making is that everyone has their own idea of enhancing TGC, what sounds good to me might sound silly to you, I think everyone on this topic is entitled to make an opinion and not be mocked.

Comment

We will add some exploding things. Not sure if its going to be frogs, but something will explode. Great ideas so far!

Comment

Spoilsports 😂

Comment

Again....putting,putting,putting....... Add a practice green so we can practice our short game.... Closest to pin along with challenge mode with points based on closeness to target moving from low to high distances...probably all stuff you already have in mind but still cool....

Comment

Exploding things!! Perfect that's what I want. I hit a good shot and BAM! Something explodes. I'm excited for my kids too. Can't wait.

TGC Rocks!!!

Comment

The crucial question for any practise thing to be able to answer is "am i getting better, and if so, by how much". Most of the games and other ideas here should be able to do that with scoring, leaderboards, points records etc. A driving range by itself is not sufficient, as there's no way to quantifiably answer the question...

A good range would be nice though as well.

Comment

• SirNeedaSim
                SirNeedaSim commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point, statistical trending with regard to proximity to the pin for each club would be a great measurement metric. Dispersion would be another.
            Working...
            X