PUBLISHED: Erin Hills Protee rsuslow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUBLISHED: Erin Hills Protee rsuslow

I am not done yet, but should be by the end of the week.

The course name will be: Erin Hills Protee 7100 Rsuslow

I need to play it with the simulator in the course designer, just to make sure it plays properly. I am just waiting for my key from Protee after my hard drive crashed.

Here is just a taste. If you see anything in the photos you think needs fixing, please let me know. I want to do this right, and the hardest part was the hills since I've never played there.

Hole 1 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	122.7 KB ID:	117856

Hole 2 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	117857

Hole 3 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	117858

Hole 4 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.8 KB ID:	117859

Hole 5 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.2 KB ID:	117860

Hole 6 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 6.jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	117861

Hole 7 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	117862

Hole 8 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.0 KB ID:	117863

Hole 9 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 9.jpg Views:	1 Size:	145.2 KB ID:	117864

Hole 10 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	117865

Hole 11 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 11.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.9 KB ID:	117866

Hole 12 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	117867

Hole 13 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 13.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.7 KB ID:	117872

Hole 14 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 14.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	117869

Hole 15 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 15.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.6 KB ID:	117868

Hole 16 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 16.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	117870

Hole 17 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 17.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	117873

Hole 18 Click image for larger version  Name:	Hole 18.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.3 KB ID:	117871
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rsuslow; 05-10-2017, 02:30 AM.

I have just published a 6300 and 6700 yard version of the course.

Comment

Played the 6700 yard version today. Definitely plays easier, shot a 69 that could have easily been a 67. Better players than me would really thrive. Generous fairways really make the course easier. Once again I really think the greens are perfect for sim play.

Comment

Just a little info on the course design process for this one. It is a traced course, so the fairways, greens and bunker sizes are as accurate as they can be. The hills were a little tough and they were made at the end of the process. I used the US Open website videos of the holes to find where the hills were and used Google Earth for elevation. The shorter courses are the exact same with the tee moved up.

Comment

• Jtangm04
          Jtangm04 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't wait to try it!

• StormGolf73
          StormGolf73 commented
          Editing a comment
          Course looks great rsuslow! I'll def be giving it a go.

Haven't played It yet but damn it's a beauty!!!

Comment

Played the first 12 holes on the 7100 yards. After just finishing Sawgrass this is how a 7000+ course should play. Long but fair. Really beautiful layout.
          My courses:
          Aldeen
          Butler National
          Cantigny
          Canyata
          Cog Hill #4
          Harbor Shores
          Harborside
          Naperville Country Club
          Prairie Landing
          Rich Harvest Farms
          Ruffled Feathers
          Shoreacres

Comment

• rsuslow
            rsuslow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the positive feedback! Glad you enjoyed it! 18 is a beast. It's 623 or so yards. It's a beast!

Crazy elevation changes on this course. Was fun and challenging. I did find that when I found the bush (which happened several times) I didn't seem to get the penalty of hitting out of and through trees. I stopped at one hole and just practiced my driver since I needed to carry about 180 which I loved!

Comment

• rsuslow
            rsuslow commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for playing it! I tried to add more brush, but I had to go back and delete some because it was slowing the game down.

Wow very impressive! I don't know how you guys do it, tried but gave up. Just curious how much time does it take you to create a real course ? The course looks great!

Comment

• rsuslow
            rsuslow commented
            Editing a comment
            Started it on 4/17, then lost course when my hard drive crashed. Restarted it on 4/23. I'd say about 3 to 4 hours on the weekdays and 10 to 12 hours on the weekend. The trace on the second go around went faster since I got a lot of the trial and error out on the first go around. The hills were the toughest part.

Played this course over the weekend and really enjoyed it. Very nice work and thanks for designing it!

Comment

Played the 6700 yard version over the weekend. I'm just starting out on TGC and this is already a favorite! Awesome job on the course. It was a blast to play and I might try the 7100 if I get ambitious. Saw your post about the time involved. Thanks for sharing and putting in the effort. Much appreciated.

Comment

• rsuslow
              rsuslow commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad you enjoyed it! I'm by no means a big hitter, especially indoors, so I like to make the different lengths so everyone can give the course a try and enjoy it.

I'm truly humbled the course is enjoyed by so many. I was nervous I wouldn't do it any justice.

Thanks to you and all the others who take the time to make these wonderful courses to play!

Comment

Played a little of this yesterday after my tourny rounds. Very impressed and looking forward to playing it this weekend! I'm hoping we can do this for the US Open instead of whistling straits. Great job man.

Comment

I played 9 the other night waiting for a live round to kick off and it was really nice. I like the hills. Nice job sir!

Comment

Thanks everyone! It would sure be pretty cool to have my course played on the tour, but either way I'm glad so many are enjoying it.

I played the 6700 yard version last night, and I must say, out of the few I've created, this is definitely my best!

Comment

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will play it soon. From what I have read, it will make the tour schedule for sure. Making a course to match the tour on short notice is very much appreciated. In time, we will have accurate renditions of all the major courses.

rsuslow - I played the second 9 of your course last night. Again very well done. I have a question though that either you or others may be able to answer. Do you set the green firmness when designing the course? If so does that have any effect when we play it on the simulator? My thinking was that our settings would override this, but maybe I'm wrong. It feels like the greens are firmer than other courses that I play. In no way is this a knock on the course as I think it feels more realistic and more like a US open green would respond. Not that I'd know, lol. Just curious.

Comment

• rsuslow
                    rsuslow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have always felt it did make a difference. On the courses I've made, I have always gone a few clicks above mid or just below mid because I feel the settings are made for a video game, and staying within the mid range and not going so high or so low would keep it realistic.

• DirtyGarry24
                    DirtyGarry24 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for the reply rsuslow, does it feel different when you play simulation though? Curious if others feel the same. Very well could be me who knows...

DirtyGarry24 When I play sim I do feel there are differences in the speeds on greens from course to course. I forget what course it was recently, but I felt if I tapped it, it would go 20 feet, when it didn't even make my screen. Then there are times on other greens I feel like a hit it like a driver and it goes 20 feet.

(sorry, intended it as a comment on the original, not a new post)

Comment

Working...
                  X