My Sim Room - 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sim Room - 2.0

Well, I have been absent for about 3 weeks from the tournaments and online play, but I believe it has been worth it. My Sim Room 2.0 is pretty much complete and I am very happy with it.

Background - My first setup was a 10 ft. enclosure on one side of my garage.

Sim Room 2.0 is a major upgrade including the following:

1) New screen now 10 x 17 WIDE!!!!!!!!!
    2) Took down old florescent lights and went with dimmable recessed lighting. (Room is doubling as home theater)
    3) Built a sub-floor so that I could install a putting green and do away with the mat. My protee sensor is now embedded flush with new floor
    4) Installed Visio 5.1 surround system to go with the Optima 1080
    5) Installed SynLawn 15 x 22 green with 4 hole locations.
    6) Installed new recessed lights for Protee. Much cleaner look, no wires,etc
    7) Reinstalled vcam and hcam in permanent position with wires hidden, etc.
    8)New paint, patch holes, etc.

Of course, I have a few more things to do and I am starting to decorate the room. I hope to have a couple theater style reclining chairs next week. I really am happy with the putting green and the wider screen. Not sure you can see in the photos, but I have about a 12 inch trough between the screen and the putting green and I tweaked my screen tension, etc. to where I now have all the shots hitting and dropping straight down into the trough for easy pick up, etc.

I have attached some photos and will try to do a video soon. My next phase is to permanently install a web cam for a behind the golfer view as well as a side view cam.

Now I need to get in there and get my swing back.....see you guys online.

Man this looks great! I am in the research phase for planning my sim room. Where did you get the screen? Can't wait to get started on mine.

Comment

• gene438
      gene438 commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered the screen along with a bunch of guys here directly from the Mfg. dbgolf72 actually put the whole thing together. Very happy with the viewing quality and the hitting action of the screen. If dbgolf72 puts together another buy, I am going to get a backup.

Looks awesome. Nice work. Enjoy the Protee.

Comment

Join us back on tour.

Comment

Gene, that is great work. I like my room but I love yours.

Comment

Nice set-up! Question about wedges and screen protection... Can you hit wedges?

Comment

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I purposely moved closer to the screen this build because on my old setup, I was 11 ft from the screen and I could easily hit the ceiling. With this setup, I moved to 9 ft. from the screen and I believe it is going to work. I have sourced some 4 x 8 sound proofing panels that I believe I could staple and paint and put on the ceiling if needed. Right now it seems to be working. (I'm not trying to hit any flop shots, lol, but I do hit full wedges)

Wow! I love my room but I'll trade it for yours in a heart beat.

Comment

Wow, that is a great setup. Well done!

Comment

Cool Gene.

Comment

very very nice sim room , a big space around the sim looks perfect

Comment

For reference, here is what I started with.

Comment

Two words - Leeeee Git!

Comment

Looks great. I want a big wide screen like that...... Wish I had the room for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X