Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Basement Golf Sim Build

Hi All-

I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post! I've recently moved into a new house and had the foundation dug deeper in anticipation for my new sim. It's at 9 feet... I've been looking at systems - primarily the Tru Golf stuff. I'd liked to build my own, over buying a kit to I can customize. I've played a lot on Tru Golf stuff, but never had a chance to play on Pro Tee equipment. I need help swaying me one way other the other. I really like the graphics on E6, but the accuracy can be suspicious.

Things to Consider:
    My son is a left handed player
    I have 9 feet height and 12 feet wide and 30 feet length to play with
    I want something that will last
    I don't want ball delay when hitting shots
    I'm looking at enclosures from All Sports - http://www.allsportsystems.com/golf-simulator-setup.php - Anyone have experience with them?
    I want a decent stance mat that will incorporate a sensor
    Need help with drape ideas, side valances, etc to make the room look legit.
    Need computer hardware specs. I'll build my own and already have a case.
    Online play would be nice
    4k graphics a must

Thank you for any help. I'm looking forward to getting started and completed within the next 3 months.

Cheers!

Wise man to dig a deeper basement. I think 9 feet is good, and 30 feet long is great, can you get more than 12 feet wide? I have the allsportsystem - the 12 foot superbay and like it a lot. 4k projectors are really expensive - if you can swing it sony has a real nice one.
    Whether you are setting an outdoor movie experience or showing a business presentation Sony projectors offer a variety of features.

build you own computer -why? Seems like a lot of hassle, but perhaps you like doing those things. My work is IT and I have built enough PC's to last a lifetime.

I have the e6 software and TGC, but I use sktrak - and since you do not want delays no good for you, so will let others speak there.

I like both e6 and TGC, both offer something different. e6 has many local games, skins, etc and you can hit from any tee box. Plus, finding a good course is easy...they ae all good. To find a good one in TGC takes some time, but they are there.

Comment

Are you right handed? If so you may have some issues swinging left and right in a 12 wide space...something to consider.

Comment

I think it would be okay but it would almost be better to swap your width and length. Assuming you don't go radar you don't need 30' to hit into so maybe a different configuration is in order.

Comment

Thank you all for the responses and great ideas!

That is the only place I can put the sim, and after measuring it's more like 8'7" from floor to joists. After thinking more clearly about this, I'll opt for no 4k - too expensive. Also, it appears that the Pro Tee system sensor and stance mat is 2 3/4 high, which I don't want. This puts me back into a launch monitor and a CCE mat system.

As for the screen, I'll just have All Sports systems custom make me an 11.5 foot wide screen. I'll use black drapes on both sides to finish off the look.

Looks like i'm back in the launch monitor space. Skytrack would be easier and much less expensive, but I don't care of the shot delay. Maybe a GC2?
          Last edited by Xander; 06-14-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X