This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC2 Software...FSX, TGC, etc

I just paid a deposit for a refurb GC2 from foresight and they emailed me asking if I wanted their FSX software for $2500. I have looked around a lot on the forum and it seems like there are mixed feelings on the FSX software. I was planning on just getting TGC, but want to make sure that is the way to go. I don't have any experience with simulator software, so I'm hoping to get some insight from all of you that do. I plan on using the simulator to have fun and improve my game a bit. I have 3 boys that are 6-13 that all golf and will be using it as well. Here are my questions:

1- If I use one software with the GC2, which should it be?
    2- Anyone that has FSX and TGC, is it worth having both and what are the benefits?
    3- I also see E6 and JNPG mentioned. Are either of these worth looking at in conjunction with FSX or TGC or on their own?

Thanks for your opinions.

Just FYI foresight will grant you access to FSX for a demo.

Comment

It really depends what you're looking for. I have FR-1, which is the prior version of FSX, and TGC. For me, while I love TGC, it wouldn't be enough. I like the Foresight range and the info it gives me. I also use the fitting mode and gap analysis, which I don't think is in TGC (but if it is, someone let me know where!). But when it comes to playing a round, TGC is the way to go. If all you want is a simulator and range, TGC will be fine. If you want more data, FSX or a used FR1 (if you can find it) is a good combo with TGC.

Comment

Originally posted by orangeman View Post
        It really depends what you're looking for. I have FR-1, which is the prior version of FSX, and TGC. For me, while I love TGC, it wouldn't be enough. I like the Foresight range and the info it gives me. I also use the fitting mode and gap analysis, which I don't think is in TGC (but if it is, someone let me know where!). But when it comes to playing a round, TGC is the way to go. If all you want is a simulator and range, TGC will be fine. If you want more data, FSX or a used FR1 (if you can find it) is a good combo with TGC.
        I agree with everything he said. I have FR1 and TGC.

Comment

I've got FR1, TGC and JNPG. As others have said, FR1 is very much for serious practice, gap analysis.
          As both TGC and JNPG have a range you can work on your game using those. For playing tournaments and courses both TGC and JNPG are great options and just research them and choose the one that suits you best.
          The only comment I have to make relates to you having boys between 6 and 13. JNPG's support for multiple tee boxes allowing you to play on different tees could really help. My boys are only 4 and 6 so not playing properly but by the time they are 13 I'd find this a very useful feature.
          GC2 is great, there are great sim options - have fun.

Comment

The next version of TGC will have 4 tee boxes. Course designers will also be able to set 4 pin positions.

Comment

• orangeman
              orangeman commented
              Editing a comment
              I know it's been asked before, but is there an ETA?

• ProTee United
              ProTee United commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, we do not make any announcements until its ready to play. We don't want to make any false promisses or publish coming soon messages. High quality products and services only ;-)

• Kent
              Kent commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info ProTee. I have read elsewhere that the upgrade to TGC2 will not be full price. Can you give me some sort of range the upgrade will cost? From saying it won't be full price, means it could be $1-$999. I don't want to buy TGC and then have to immediately upgrade for a large $ amount. I am definitely leaning towards purchasing TGC, but I may go with JNPG or FSX if I can't get some idea of what is going to happen with the upgrade. I have also seen people trying to sell their TGC. Is it transferable, and if so are there any fees associated with it? Thanks.

I am getting my skytrack in a few days. I was wondering if I purchased TGC would I receive TGC2 for free when it gets released? Should I just wait? thx

Comment

Working...
            X