Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Genghis winning the TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The John Deer Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The Open Championship with 3 rounds at Royal Birkdale 2016 (Saturday Clear) : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...n-championship
See more
See less

ProTee vs GC2 buying decision

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read this http://jeffygolf.com/showthread.php?...ight=Foresight and http://jeffygolf.com/showthread.php?...ight=Foresight
    Last edited by Bubba22; 12-03-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

The unit isn't designed to capture face closure during the impact interval: the camera positioning would have to change and new software written.
      Interesting.....

Comment

Just as I suspected. The guy above say Foresight does not take into account the curvature of the face of a driver and the calculations assume a center strike???

heheh......$6500 for this???
        Last edited by Vance; 12-03-2014, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Exactly Z. Remember when the HMT first came out? Numbers were horrible. The improved it but it doesn't measure gear effect. It's good, but way overpriced. It probably works similair to Martins GSA club cam.

Comment

I betcha the HMT is nothing more than two additional optic cameras positioned at different angles that just plug into the GC2. Wouldn't be surprised if you could simply purchase two cameras and position them at the correct angles and distance from the GC2 unit, plug it into the usb port and obtain the same numbers and function. That's my conspiracy theory. If I ever get one, I'll open it up and let others know. I know it is easier said than done once you pay over $1000 and run the risk of voiding your warranty but I would consider it to satisfy my curiosity and to give my sim brethren some cheaper options.

Hey, just because I brought the iPhone doesn't mean I have to use there charger or carry case 😆
            Last edited by drcabral; 12-03-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
              Exactly Z. Remember when the HMT first came out? Numbers were horrible. The improved it but it doesn't measure gear effect. It's good, but way overpriced. It probably works similair to Martins GSA club cam.

Yes, I do remember that. I would love to see the captured images from the HMT.

Comment

Originally posted by drcabral View Post
                I betcha the HMT is nothing more than two additional optic cameras positioned at different angles that just plug into the GC2. Wouldn't be surprised if you could simply purchase two cameras and position them at the correct angles and distance from the GC2 unit, plug it into the usb port and obtain the same numbers and function. That's my conspiracy theory. If I ever get one, I'll open it up and let others know. I know it is easier said than done once you pay over $1000 and run the risk of voiding your warranty but I would consider it to satisfy my curiosity and to give my sim brethren some cheaper options.

Hey, just because I brought the iPhone doesn't mean I have to use there charger or carry case 😆
                There's probably a little microprocessor in the HMT.

Comment

Not seeing any advertising on the site should mean that moderators wont be stepping on any toes and give unbiased opinion. ( if there is such a thing). I am contemplating both units and look forward to online play. I have some concerns about accuracy of the each units as one "must be more forgiving on poor hits. I would assume it is Protee since those reflectors don't measure any ball contact "the moment of truth". So how does it determine fat, thin or pure shots. Having used Opishot before you didn't even need as ball to play.

Joe

Comment

Welcome Joey. ProTee is a completely different beast than Oprishot/P3Pro. Do some reading on how it works with the cameras and sensors. ProTee has very good accuracy, GC2 has excellent accuracy. Look at the GC2 for great accuracy and ease of setup. But do read more on the systems.

Comment

Bubba has good points, If I had a dedicated room I would have went the ProTee way. I have my set up in the living room but my girlfriend like to use it for company one in a while. so I can easily put everything away if needed. Most the time I just leave it set up. Also I don't need to mess with cameras and mounting lights in the ceiling. I would set it up in the garage but my fun car is in there. My next house will have taller ceilings in the basement or a bigger garage.

Comment

Good advice guys. Joey, this thread alone should help you decide.

Comment

Ok its a done deal I'm installing the Protee/TGC right now but didn't see the GSX install already submitted a support request, hopefully I can get this all up and running sometime tomorrow

Comment

Cool. Join our tour.

Comment

I will as soon as get everything up and running

Comment

Hey everybody - thanks for the amazing info and forum. Currently in the process of finalizing my decision(s) - would be great to get a short confirmation from the experts:

1. I will go with the GC2. Two main reasons:
                                * I plan to use it heavily on the range and see this mainly as a training tool. Simulation is more of a nice add-on - but one I am definitely looking forward to!
                                * I am here in Germany and it seems overall a lot easier to set up GC2 yourself (and without good distributors for Protee around).

2. I will get the Protee / TGC Software. Just to be clear:
                                * This currently still works with the GC2
                                * What is the right Package I have to buy? Could somebody provide I link - I remember something with Swingsense? Price is around 1800 inkl. all Courses?
                                * I don't need anything additional to connect with the GC2 (Cables, Converters etc.) - just a decent laptop with Bluetooth, correct?
                                * The software is a Download and I will receive a Activation key
                                * Question: There seems to be consensus, that TGC is better/cheaper than the FSX software. Is this still the consensus?

3. I will not take the HMT (not really sure on this one)
                                * For Simulation it does not really make a difference
                                * It is very expensive
                                * Opinion on the use of it a very mixed?

4. Buying in the US or in Europe
                                * I am regularly in the US and have a residency there, so I could buy there which will be cheaper (1000 USD less)
                                * Is there a lot of "issues" with the GC2, so that I need support etc. often? This would be easier if I buy in Europe and get service here..

Thanks

Max

Comment

Working...
                                X