Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home shopping and planning for a sim room. Minimum dimensions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home shopping and planning for a sim room. Minimum dimensions?

We are beginning the home shopping process now. The way the market is, we have to be ready to move fast if we find something.
    I'm trying to determine the minimum dimensions for a sim space. The space can be on the main floor, basement, 3rd garage, etc...I don't care, but I just need to make sure that it will work. I have a GC2 and will only be used by right handed golfers. What would be a good set of minimum measurements I should look for? I have to be able to hit driver and I'm 5'10".

All it is, is artificial grass or carpet that I put on my floor. I used double sided tape, or carpet tape and made a perimeter and just laid the carpet down. Very easy. Make sure the floor is as clean as can be before you lay it down. Then when I got my gc2 I just layed my stance mat over it, and used heavy duty 2 inch velcro and did the same thing made a perimeter on the carpet then on the stance mat itself and I was done. Nice and easy. The mat does not move an inch. I suggest getting the country club elite stance mat. You can get one at Costco 4x5ft for around 300 bucks. It's the best mat and gives you the best feedback. I have the cce insert. I used my existing mat and bought a 1x2 insert and put in where my protee sensor mat was. Worked like a charm..

Comment

There is no padding I just layed it strait to the floor.. but you can get some padding maybe a quarter inch and lay that first . That would give you a nice cushion. But the way I have it the ball doesn't bounce to high it just hit's the turf and rolls a little bit..

Comment

I already have the CCE mat, and love it. Just trying to get ideas for surrounding carpeting/flooring. Something in a 10x8 of artificial grass should work?

Comment

Yeah will work for sure.. that's whathe I have... follow what I did and you'll love it.. I do... !!!

Comment

Took my driver to the house we are putting an offer on... Had no problems swinging it with an 8'8" ceiling.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool go to know... yea you want no restrictions..

Comment

Well.... the house we ended up getting under contract only has one place for me to setup...in the garage.

Ceiling height is not an issue...got 10 ft high for most of it and 9ft for part of it.

The width is where things are tight... the entire garage is only 19ft wide. My wife will park her toyota minivan which is 6.5ft wide on the left side and will need a couple of feet to open the door.... so I am left with 8.5ft wide, which i think will be ok even with the van in there.

gonna be tight, but I'm optimistic that it will work out. I can have the hitting area as far against the right wall as i can while still leaving room for my GC2.

Comment

Any chance of pulling her car out of the garage? I always pull my wife's out when I hit even though I have room without but there have been a few crazy bounces that have ricocheted where it would have hit her car on the left side. Gave me a bit more freedom with my setup too. Otherwise, I might put up some sort of barrier if I were you.

Comment

• Bnorman58
                    Bnorman58 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just pulling it out while you are playing I mean.

I'm 5'9" and my ceiling is 10'5" high. I have over a foot of clearance with the driver, but I wouldn't trust anything under 10' with the driver. I've had a friend actually hit my ceiling but he's 6'5".

Comment

Working...
                  X