Synlawn for the Win!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synlawn for the Win!!!

After taking the advice of John (Aeroburner), I stopped by my local Synlawn here in Dallas. I able to get the following remnants:

7x4 Classic Pitch
    10x10 Classic pitch
    3x4 perfect putt
    7x10 perfect putt

Guess how much I paid for all of it?? $100.00. Yes One Hundred Dollars!!! Do not spend crazy money online, go find your local retailer. Some of this stuff retails for $7-8sq ft. Aeroburner said remnants can be had for $1-3sq ft. I didn't even have to bargin. They told me .50c sqft. I probably got $1500 or so of product for $100!!!

Thanks again
    aeroburner for posting about this!!!!

​​​​​​

Call has been made!!! THanks

Gregg

Comment

Ahh I am in Dallas too and was thinking about stopping by there soon. I will probably have to wait a while now for them to get some new remnants. I'm glad someone on the forum was able to get them at least.

Comment

• aeroburner
        aeroburner commented
        Editing a comment
        Andy work out something with Steve he's got enough to do two sim areas

Originally posted by Stevew View Post
      After taking the advice of John (Aeroburner), I stopped by my local Synlawn here in Dallas. I able to get the following remnants:

7x4 Classic Pitch
      10x10 Classic pitch
      3x4 perfect putt
      7x10 perfect putt

Guess how much I paid for all of it?? $100.00. Yes One Hundred Dollars!!! Do not spend crazy money online, go find your local retailer. Some of this stuff retails for $7-8sq ft. Aeroburner said remnants can be had for $1-3sq ft. I didn't even have to bargin. They told me .50c sqft. I probably got $1500 or so of product for $100!!!

Thanks again
      aeroburner for posting about this!!!!

​​​​​​
      Do you deliver?........., unfortunately we just have a sales rep in Michigan.............

Comment

• kasturbo
        kasturbo commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe we have one in Columbus. That's about a 4 hour drive for you right, depending on what part you are in. If not, I'd be willing to help if they have what you are looking for.

Originally posted by Boo Radley View Post

Do you deliver?........., unfortunately we just have a sales rep in Michigan.............
      Might be worth getting it shipped.

Comment

Have to start calling around......need a 9x12 piece

Comment

Steve Thanks for the call out. Synlawn remnants are great prices and it's there you just have to chase it but it's top notch material do not think that it's a business though these remnants are in garages it's weird and sometimes you have to push them to get them to dig for it
          Last edited by aeroburner; 12-14-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andygg1986 View Post
            Ahh I am in Dallas too and was thinking about stopping by there soon. I will probably have to wait a while now for them to get some new remnants. I'm glad someone on the forum was able to get them at least.
            andygg1986 you still might stop by. They have lots of remnants. Will let you know what i have left over when im done

Comment

I will be going to the local synlawn site this week to see what they have for remnants. I was looking to use this in my basement, does anyone recommend a padding or underlayment to put under the synlawn?

Comment

Dang I was going to say if you want to go by me some in Dallas I'll pay a service fee and I could drive down from Kansas and pick it up and still come out ahead :-).

Comment

• aeroburner
                  aeroburner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is one in Kansas City and two in Oklahoma

• MainStGolf
                  MainStGolf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sweet!!!!!!!

I guess I could always see if there is a place in Kansas :-). But my family lives in Southern Oklahoma.

Comment

I asked one Synlawn place for some remnants, He responded with this.......I asked for a 5x8 and a couple of4x12 pieces..........
                  .We can put something together for you.
                  We have our classic pitch turf for the green (you’d have to elevate it a bit with carpet pad to match you tee turf)
                  We also have our SYNTipede 214 to use for the two roughs.
                  This is 157 sq. ft. @ 3.00 =471.00 plus 70.00 for freight totaling 541.00
                  Seems kind of pricey????

Comment

• Stevew
                    Stevew commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Prices might also be varied by Market and how long they have had the remnants sitting around. I know i got very lucky getting things at the price I did. I just walked into the warehouse. Asked to see the remnants of the perfect putt and classic pitch and went from there. They guys at the Dallas warehouse were very helpful and polite.

not really its 3.00 a sq foot for a 8.50 a square price product a lot of face to face negotiation is needed. but if you look at the first time i did this it was 3.00 a sqaure foot. do the breakdown on a 5x5 from CCE and to know the delta

Comment

3.00 a sf is good pricing for non-remnant turf. None of the turfs Boo Radley references are even close to 8.50 a sf. MSRP on Syntipede 214 is 4.86 a sf....and Classic Pitch is 5.36 a sf. I do not believe either turf is comparable to the turf CCE uses for mats.

Comment

• aeroburner
                      aeroburner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      enjoy your CCE mine is cut up for scrap for the balls bouncing on the side of my sim I know what Tee strike costs and what i paid for it if you want to get better than 3.00 u need to go in and get a better price as i have said in past threads. but it is a heck of a lot better then 13.00 a sq ft for CCE, and I like it a lot more then CCE as i have owned both plus use fiberbuilt with my protee, steve has done this and got a great deal.......

Anyone know of a place in Georgia or close to the Atlanta area? I travel all across the southeast and like the idea of showing up and seeing what they have.

Comment

Working...
                    X