Putting with the GSA PX5 or CX2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting with the GSA PX5 or CX2

In the past putting on sims was something that didn't really resemble one's real life game. I have attached a short video showing the accuracy of the Hcam for putting. Although the test is a little crude, it is the best that I could come up with. Overall I am shocked at how accurate putting feels with the GSA system. I know a split second after I putt, if I missed left, right or am a little short. Any GSA users that don't have an Hcam and love playing TGC would be well served by picking one up from GSA. I will add another video of putting on TGC shortly. This video just shows the directional accuracy of GSA's PX5. In this test I placed a target ball on the center line 9 feet away. Just like in billiards if the target ball move slightly left after being struck, that indicates a shot that is right of center. Balls that were struck very close to dead center showed 0.13 degrees off center or less.
    Last edited by keither5150; 03-20-2017, 05:37 PM.

I have to agree with you on that. I would say the GSA putting was the best I've had ( vs p3proswing, ProTee and GC2). The cam measuring the ball was spot on perfect and you could dial in speed to match your putting surface. Also, with the line scan camera you could have no slots to traverse. At the time I only could use the RedChain software and GSA didn't have slope indicators. I bet with TGC it would be awesome. Kinda give you an unfair advantage! Haha hehe

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL.... at times maybe. Check my putting data.... How many 0.0 do you see? RC sucked so bad that I never putted. Autoputt was for me while playing RC.
      Putting is the most realistic feature of TGC. With GSA, you can really appreciate the accuracy.. When I made that video, I was expecting about 0.65 +/- but I was shocked when the accuracy was 0.1. There could be a slight variance with ball placement. 2mm one way would make a difference. ProTee must be very similar to my system with the exception of putting. I think that putting on TGC is nothing short of fantastic...... You didn't say anything about my great putting in the video. I hit the target ball from 9 feet away every time. You can kind of see the white tape I have that is the size of the hole with a black line down the center to indicate centerline. I really can't imagine how putting could be better on TGC other than put the grid on the entire green. Some of us can't get it within 75 feet.

• mmlincon
      mmlincon commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't actually watch the video LOL. I remember how good it was. ProTees is pretty good too but having to put over the slots is the negative factor. You can minimize it but it's still there. The GC2 "should" be accurate but I have puts that will say 2-3* L or R and are straight on roll. That is frustrating. Seems to happen on downward blows with the putter so I suspect its being caused by a bounce from the turf. That is my bad as I should be hitting with an ascending blow anyway! Still if it rolls straight......

Accuracy can be an unfair advantage at times. At Christmas, I added a sensor mat that measures club speed, path, and face angle. The added data makes shot shaping possible. It brings accuracy to a whole new level. Within a few weeks my handicap dropped about 3 strokes and has since gone down another 2 or 3. I would have never thought that would be possible. My shot shaping is not perfect but at times it is nice to have that shot in the bag.

Comment

Working...
    X