Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @allen2be winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - ATP Byron Nelson !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Dean and Deluca 2 with 2 rounds at Oceanic Athletic Club : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...n-and-deluca-2
See more
See less

My GSA CX2 experience with the golf club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GSA CX2 experience with the golf club

I have had the CX2 system for quite a while. Overall Martin at GSA is excellent to deal with. He answers emails within a reasonable amount of time and is very helpful. GSA's website is a little overwhelming at first. There are so many different configurations to choose from.
    If you have a good computer, GSA's systems run very fast with very little delay before the ball flies. I have a buddy who is a scratch golfer and plays a big draw on his irons. My 2 camera CX2 system picks up my buddies draws very well considering that it is calculating ball spin. The next upgrade will be the CTS Color club tracking system. For $1999 it is a little steep directly after purchasing TGC. I didn't add a club tracking camera to my system because I didn't like the idea of putting tracking dots on all of my clubs. GSA's new CTS doesn't need tracking dots.

My computer is i7 2600k at 3.4Ghz, 16 gigs ram, GTX 680 vid card. USB 3.0 is a must for high speed cameras. My system was not stable until I added the USB 3.0 cards. I know the cameras are USB 2.0.... it just runs more stable plugged into 3.0. In hindsight a preconfigured computer may have save me some frustration. GSA now offers remote access support. I used it once and it only took about 15 minutes. Martin was extremely helpful in solving my issue. The issue was more about my lighting and enclosure material than the system. Martin's suggestions were bang on.

I think that GSA offers good value for the money. The GSA software works well, it just looks dated compared to TGC.

Thanks for this keither5150 . To me the imminent CX surround looks like it will be at least as good as some of the really expensive kit out there. I just wish there were more GSA videos showing working units & gameplay - that's all it would take for me to pull the trigger on one. It's difficult to pay so much money without knowing exactly the strength and limitations of each system being offered.

Comment

If I were buying again, I would buy the CX3C surround system. The CX 2 system misses accurate club head data. Also, Club head tracking will help with slower swing speeds like chipping. At times it registers no shot on short chips. I will be working on that this weekend. I will be adding the Color club tracking camera as soon as funds allow. I will try to put a video up on Youtube by this Saturday. I have some out of town buddies that want to see TGC on a sim. I will post the link once I do. Martin has a couple of videos on his site. He never tells us what system he is using. If you explore GSA's site, they actually have some pros and cons of different systems. http://www.golf-simulators.com/Camera.htm There are a lot of different systems out there. This forum is a great source. I could have pulled the trigger sooner if I knew about this forum.

Comment

Thans kieth. A lot of us hav been dealing with Martin for years. He often changes things. Right now he looks focused on the FX system http://www.golf-simulators.com/technical_news.htm
        Be careful with things but I looks like your happy so keep us posted.

Comment

I just finished another round on TGC. I am more impressed every time I play it. What a blast! I am one that appreciates that you have to club up when in the rough or sand.

On the GSA note, I already have a lot invested with my sim. The addition of the CTS C will make my system as complete as I want to take it. TGC was a fantastic addition. My experience with other sims is limited. I really wish that I had found a forum like this before purchasing. Back then (2012) I did my research and chose a two camera system that fit the budget. I also needed a system that I could add onto as the budget allows. GSA is not for the technically challenged , that's for sure. It does offer a tremendous amount of camera settings to accommodate different enclosures. I have been chasing the perfect chipping experience. Because I rarely hit the green in reg, chipping is very important to me. I only have one wedge in the bag that I can achieve backspin while chipping. My system can duplicate backspin with that club. The CTS C should make it even more accurate..... at least I hope it does. I am still up in the air whether to add the CTS C or the Lx Pro. I have a lot of time to decide as I blew much of the golf budget on TGC. Club tracking along with camera data seems to be the ideal set up. I think Martin is pushing full systems (FX) to limit the amount of support. During the first year I was quite frustrated with the system until I put each camera on it's own usb 3.0 card. Runs great since then. If money was no object I would probably buy the Trackman. Sadly, money is an object, so I will have to live within my means.

Comment

Posting a video of The golf club in action on a GSA cx 2 system.

I will post more later next week.

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun. Based on the video it does look like the system is not very accurate. The way the GSA CX2 system works it should be much better than +/- 1 degree for both horizontal and vertical launch angles. The video suggests that it's not even close. Would you agree or is it it just the way it looks due to the setup?

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                I had the video camera offset a bit. I also hit 12 feet away from screen so where the ball hits the screen may not reflect on the first few feet of the shot.... if that makes any sense. I know how to move the ball right to left and left to right and I can do it easily with the CX2. How accurate it is compared to real life? Who knows. My friend who is a scratch golfer says it is quite good. In real life, I hit my 3 wood 240-260 and it seems to reflect that. I hit my driver 240-310 with about 10-15 yards right to left. I was using my 3 wood in the video. I also had one setting messed up, I had a fixed club face angle set at 12 degrees..... thinking that if I hit the slider all the way to the left, it would be off. It needs to be set to zero which is in the middle to be off. All I know is that when I skull a shot, it skulls on the screen... wormburner too, I rarely hit a perfectly straight shot.... and it reflects that on the screen as well. The two camera system definitely is lacking club face data. Back when I purchased, you had to add tracking dots to the clubs.... and I didn't find that appealing. The new club tracking cameras are much better.

My system will be more accurate once I add the color club tracking camera. Currently spin data is estimated. There are times when I feel that the shot is somewhat different than what is displayed. I ordered some new ir led lighting which should light up the ball better on low shots. My main lighting issue is that all lighting is from the top down. So the side camera does not get the same level of lighting as the overhead. My new lights will fix that. I am also a 16 handicap....so I am definitely no authority on golf. You are right though....it is fun. I will post some more videos later.

Keither5150 - Can you putt with this system? How accurate is putting, if you can?

How do you like the accuracy of these systems, i.e. Driving, Irons, Chipping, Putting?

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                I replaced my floor trigger sensor with a line scan camera. Putting works fantastic once you calibrate it. I now have a perfectly flat surface to putt on.

I have a older floor sensor to trigger the cameras. The newer systems use a line scan camera which would be better for putting. I auto putt. My two camera system does a really good job with driving and irons. Slow chips are a challenge. The answer is to add the color club tracking camera. This camera doesn't require tracking dots. The Club tracking camera is supposed to pick up 2 inch putts and slow chips. So if you are considering a GSA camera system, start with the CX3 or up. Chipping is great except for little slow flop shots. I will add a couple of videos in the future that include chipping and driving. There is a great hole on flathead country club that I move the ball 30-40 yards right to left. I can also put a slight draw on the ball when needed. I am a lefty so right to left is easy... Even though my two camera system calculates spin, I think that it does a great job. I will be adding a club tracking camera as soon as funds allow. I just bought TGC..... it is worth every penny. Some people have complained about GSA, but I have had an overall good experience. And the product is good for the money. GSA's site has a crazy amount of information and plenty of different systems to choose from. Take your time making a purchase. I will post links to chipping and driving videos soon on this thread....maybe I will be lucky and get a 300 yard drive on video. I will reproduce all shots from draws, fades, skulls, worm burners, and hopefully a straight shot.

Comment

Hello .
                Someone with the CX2 or CX3 systems have problems in the latest CP with Left/Right ball speed adjustment or I am the only one.

Comment

What is the issue and which version of CP are you running? If you leave the settings at 0, I believe that it automatically adjusts for the camera being about 7-8 feet away from dead center. I am using CP 8.3.1.8. Send Martin an email.

Comment

I had a old version that works wonders CX3 and I make the mistake and replace it with a new one as 3 months ago and the headaches began. Now I have your version 8.3.1.8. Where adjust left / right doesn't work well. If you hit 10; 5 or 3 degrees right adjustment decreases the speed (this is correct because my CV is right), but when you hit to the left 10; 5 or 3 degrees the adjustment also decreases the speed of the ball when it should increase the speed.

Comment

My control panel is messed up now too. I tried going back to a previous version, but every link installs 8.3.2.0. I am emailing Martin tonight to ask for a link for a previous CP. Check your version in Computer/Control panel/Programs and features. Is your 3rd camera a color CTS camera? CTS color lite is my next upgrade. How are slow flop shots and short chips on the CX3?

Comment

My basement was full of water as 3 months ago my computer and enclosure damage. I did it all new and on the DVD that came with the purchase my cameras not work, then I had to install a new version and you know the web from Mr. Martin is like watching housewife soaps novels but on Golf . Today all good and every one happy; tomorrow morning a new problem, the next day all solved, but in the afternoon a new idea new CP damage everything that was good and something similar next week.
                        I used the CX3 for more the 3 years for me the best simulator for every shots on the market and I know and play every simulator. I think that the problems of the CX3 began when CP was up to date with the CX3 Surround and the LX (which supposedly was ready since makes almost year and a half ago) . Also you can see the scale of speed was approximately 0.28 to 0.29 cm usually with my driver the carry is 245-255 yds and with the latest versions carry is became over 350yds; now the scale have to be close to 0.25 cm or lower. I wish that whenever Mr.. Martin work on something new will not alter systems and versions which work well before. On Martin web was possible go 2 or 3 years back in the updates history, you could go to the date of your purchase and download the CP that worked for you before that Martin made changes.
                        Maybe one day when Mr Martin makes a video of advancements and new products he will make the videos in the environment for which these products are made; video camera in the middle and back of the player. Where will be possible for us see the shots, to see when the ball hit the screen and when bounces off screen, see CP and V, C, CT values on real-life without handling and with a player that can make 95 to 105 mph in club speed (normal for those who are average players and play on weekends. I think when you buy something and works well there is no need to change it without having the certainty that is going to work well, which is proved as an end user. and you don't have to spend money and time on Emails, pictures, calls and Mr. Martin will arrange every day a little bit in pendency at our discretion and comments. It is frustrating and lack of ethics. If we pay money that is good Mr. Martin must give in exchange a product that does what the says it does. No more no less.
                        We don't have time; I don't have time to be Mr. Martin guinea pigs. I'll will wait looking to when Mr. Martin fix these small little problems and post on the web a NEW CP.
                        Good luck to you.

Comment

I feel your pain, my system was also down after an update. I since backed up my CP to an early August version. Works good once again. I won't be updating until I buy the Color CTS camera. My screen is 12 feet away from where I hit. Sometimes it seems that where it hits the screen doesn't add up to where the shot goes. I am a lefty and when I draw the ball, the ball hits left of center at least 2 feet. I can move the ball on an 8 iron about 10-20 yards left to right. The ball takes off from the tee position so it looks odd. Kind of like when the pros hit and the camera is from behind, it looks like they are shanking the shot. Your CX3 system will be more accurate than mine. However, I can draw and fade with the CX2. Today I hit at home, drove to Golftown (Foresight) ( spend about $200 bucks there and they will let you hit a few) then went to the range. I was able to draw and fade my shots at all 3 locations. Foresight had 101 mph shot at 235 carry, 112 mph = 265 carry. If I get my speed up over 120 my drive carries about 290. Oh how I wish I had club data at home. You have some good ideas for videos. Screen, split with CP would be a good idea. The only way I can see it is maybe in window mode or perhaps extended screen. Sounds like a good project for when the wife is away.

Comment

• sturonek
                            sturonek commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So Protee is who provides TGC software? If that is the case, I did read something from them that said they will NOT be charging for the upgrade. That being said, we probably wont see TGC until 2018. Mulitple tees is a good thing, just hoping they plan on throwing in a scramble format. Finally made my decision and buying TGC tomorrow. My sim looks better and better everyday. Just added a 12 foot bar and surround sound this weekend

• keither5150
                            keither5150 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sounds cool...... I love TGC. I have played 259 rounds since last August. Joining the tour was probably the most fun..... we are on a two week break right now........ Gives me a lot of time to practice for the next event. Post some pictures when you are done.

• Sascha1818
                            Sascha1818 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There are 100+ offline courses on TGC but tournaments are online only
                        Working...
                        X