Moving from GSA CX2 to GSA PX5 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from GSA CX2 to GSA PX5 system

GSA has the PX2 mat on sale for $899. So this will take my system from a CX2 (2 camera ) to a PX 5 ( 2 camera, plus club path, club speed ,face angle) Hopefully this allows me to work on shot shaping this winter.

That will basically take you to the two camera ProTee system. Pretty big upgrade towards realism really. Congrats

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      The problem with the CX2 system is that it can't tell the difference between a pull and a draw. There are a plethora of adjustments to help you duplicate your real life game. So I have my system duplicating what I see IRL.... If my buddy hits big draws with his driver, they will show as pulls as I hit relatively straight. So for 1 person, the CX 2 is fine. But once you get better and want to use those different shots.... they won't all be there. IRL I can put a huge fade on my drive or maybe I pulled it right.... Now I will know for sure. Generally IRL my drives have very little right to left.... ball flies pretty straight. With all of the club data, and LA, BS, ball direction. Spin should be calculated more accurately. I started off last fall as a 18 handicap IRL now I am a 9.. Hopefully next year I can get it down to a 5 or 6.

• mmlincon
      mmlincon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I had GSA stuff for quite a while and I ran it in all kinds of configurations. I know the limitations and benefits of the different configurations. Working on the short game will be the key to getting down to 5 and below. Work on the 100 yards and in.

• sturonek
      sturonek commented
      Editing a comment
      Just purchased my PX2 to add onto the CX2 system that I have; Martin said it should ship Wednesday, just in time for simulator season! I am excited to get the extra club measured stats to really get my system to the accuracy level I want it.

Look forward to hearing your reviews Keith

Comment

Have you received your PX2 yet Keith?

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        No,, I think that it is shipping this week though.

you know what would be nice as I am always learning about sim systems, I wish someone would list out from high to low on systems and put options with these that can be achieved to get the most out of the system and rate these I would love to know what is the best on the market and work your way down to the optishot lets say. because I thought up to last week that the GSA and GC2 were pretty similar until Keither filled me in, I need to do research myself but now Bubba has introduced the ES16 and where will that fall in the ratings of simulators.

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bubba might be the best guy to do a such a thing. I have experience with GSA, GC2 (at golftown) Foresight ( sportchek ).... even my GSA experience is somewhat limited as they offer a few different sims.

My PX2 mat is shipping today from Florida to Calgary via ground......

Comment

I will have my Monday. I was crossing my fingers for a weekend round or two with the new setup. But I guess I have to wait until monday!

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine may take a little longer..... Canada eh!

• sturonek
          sturonek commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL I live in Michigan and we are expecting almost 70 degree weather on Friday, then the 40's next week. So maybe simulator season is upon us. Currently, I am still hitting the outdoor links as long as their isn't snow on the ground.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          due on the 21st...... Patience Keith Patience

sturonek Whereabouts in MI are you? I'm in SE Mi and already booked my tee time for tomorrow. Certainly can't pass up 70 degrees Mid November in Mi.

Comment

• sturonek
          sturonek commented
          Editing a comment
          I work in Troy, live in Ortonville. I am thinking about going to Shepards Hollow out in Clarkston. Such a beautiful course that makes you feel like you are up north. Now they got their rates down to a more manageable price!

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, i only play Shepherds when we go with a supplier or in the offseason. Really nice track though.

Looks like my PX2 mat is in town and in the possession of a DHL truck....... hmmmm but which truck? I guess I can wait until tomorrow. I am mounting foam behind my screen tonight and then off to hockey. I might play my two tournament rounds tonight,..... right before hockey... If my drives are not long, I am pacing myself so I can still shoot the puck tonight. Goodbye CX2.... it's been fun, hello PX5.

Comment

• sturonek
          sturonek commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like FedEx has mine held up in Ohio.....Damn I hate that state!!! LOL

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have mine as of a few minutes ago..... but I have hockey in 3 hours and it's the wife's birthday tomorrow....... I am thinking about buying her a 3 hour massage..... some place where I can drop her off and go home and hook this up.

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
        Looks like my PX2 mat is in town and in the possession of a DHL truck....... hmmmm but which truck? I guess I can wait until tomorrow. I am mounting foam behind my screen tonight and then off to hockey. I might play my two tournament rounds tonight,..... right before hockey... If my drives are not long, I am pacing myself so I can still shoot the puck tonight. Goodbye CX2.... it's been fun, hello PX5.
        on your way to hockey stop every DHL truck might get lucky bro. or arrested lol.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't get to the foam..... Played a tour round instead. Had a great score of 69. Maybe the second round tomorrow.

Quick review of the PX5..... so far fantastic. Ball flight is very much like what I see IRL. More info later... Very easy to set up..... hint.... use the supplied light.

Comment

I'm glad for you Keither. Martin should scrap anything camera related that attempts to pick up club data. I figured the px mat would be on track.

If he insists on working with club camera stuff, he should not sell it until it works.

Comment

• sturonek
            sturonek commented
            Editing a comment
            I just noticed I have zero side spin on mine as well. Did you figure this out. I am hitting shots that i know should be hooks and slices on purpose and they are going into the game as just push and pulls......basically no curve on the ball what-so-ever. Am i missing something?

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sent this into Martin...... maybe the latest updates have a problem. CX2 still curves the ball. Not all of the shots have zero side spin though. Chipping will be a big improvement. With the PX5 I can actually chip as short as 5 yards...... could be shorter if they disabled Vcam during slow club speed chips. On really slow chips that negative LA makes the ball roll out too far..... like 5 yards. I was testing my chipping..... and I could hit it as slow as 7 mph club speed. The ball went about 16 inches on my mat and rolled out to about 5 feet.... less than 2 yards. In the game it rolls out 5 yards because of the location of the Vcam. Other than side spin..... it works quite well. The new update is pretty accurate for speed. I don't have carry factors on anymore. Before .... short irons were too long and long irons too short. Now they are quite good. Now, I dialed in the scale using my 9 iron and all other clubs were good for distance even my hybrids.

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just tried it in PX2 mode.... side spin and spin axis works just fine. It's probably just a quick fix for Martin. Send him an email and he will let you know when the fix is in the CP update. Also, I can chip it as short as 3 yards with the PX2..... I couldn't do that with the CX2.
            Last edited by keither5150; 11-23-2016, 05:33 AM.

Finally got around to hooking this up today, and I am already having issues It seems like the CP recognize the mat, but it just keeps rapidly cycling "Not Ready - Ref not Verified - Ref not Verified" to "Not ready -Reset on" to "Not polling data Stream"..................I verified the com ports and disabled serial enumeration but still no luck. Guess I will shoot Martin an email.

Comment

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your lighting is not good, use the supplied light and move it until it says ready.

• sturonek
            sturonek commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually figured that out about 20 minutes after I posted this. I was using the light supplied but it wasnt perfectly over the middle. Once I moved the light to the proper spot, works like a charm. I absolutely love it. I was working on inside out, outside in, open club, closed club, and it was picking them all up! I am so pumped with the sim now!

keither5150 How does the mat look with your stance platform? I have seen the videos you have posted and it looks like you had a flush mount before; do you have to revise your stance mat in order to get the PX2 flush? I am heading to Home Depot after work today to get some lumber to create a platform for it. I actually was hitting off the same turf squares that come with the PX2, but the added circuit board and plastic underneath the PX2 added about an 1.5 inches to the overall height so it no longer is flush to the stance mat like I would like it.

Comment

Mine is about 1/2 inch higher. I will be cutting pieces to fit later. I have to do one more tour round today. Do you hit from the tee spot every time or can you hit between the sensors? I tried a big banana slice with my driver. It works pretty awesome. However, I had my CX2 system tuned to my swing pretty well. My buddy is ecstatic that his draws show up nicely. I have officially turned off carry factors...... The CX2 had trouble with short chips. And my short irons were a little long compared to my mid irons. My woods were a little short.... about 5%. With the PX5 I have everything turned at 100% carry factor. Short chips show up fantastic..... as short as 5-6 yards. Irons are accurate .... my pulls show up as they should. Money well spent I would say. Not too sure about all of the settings...... will have to play with them. PM later and let me know what sensor settings you are on.

Comment

Working...
            X