Moving from GSA CX2 to GSA PX5 system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from GSA CX2 to GSA PX5 system

GSA has the PX2 mat on sale for $899. So this will take my system from a CX2 (2 camera ) to a PX 5 ( 2 camera, plus club path, club speed ,face angle) Hopefully this allows me to work on shot shaping this winter.

What are your thoughts on the PX5 so far Keith?
    With the addition of the sensor mat, does it make it more realistic for everyone who plays, not just you? As in, does it reflect slices and hooks, etc. for other players also?

Comment

We are waiting for Martin to fix a small issue with SS and SA calculations. They work fine in PX2 mode but don't work consistently in PX5 mode. A of A is calculated quite well..... not sure if it is measured. Club path and face angle is measured quite nicely. There was an issue with no love for lefties.... but Martin fixed that quite quickly. Short chips work a little better than the CX2. Martin's new speed calculations are good. I am no longer using carry factors to match my RL distance. I set up scale on my 9 iron and found that all other clubs including hybrids and wedges are dead on for speed with that scale. I didn't notice that the SS was off until I looked at my data. I hit the ball relatively straight so to me it looked like everything was working well..... Now I don't always hit where I am aiming but the ball flight is pretty straight... maybe a couple of feet left or right on a 150 yard shot. It's fantastic to have the data...... Being that the spin is calculated quite well in PX2 mode, it should be an easy fix to get it working in PX 5 mode. I just tried it is PX4 mode ( disabling the Hcam) It works perfect. slices, fades, draws all work as expected. I am going to keep it in PX4 mode until the fix comes from GSA. PX4 mode gets ball direction from face angle and club path .. I am really excited about having all of the data so I can fine tune my game over the winter. GSA is selling the PX5 for less than what I paid for my CX2. I will post a video once running in PX5 mode..... I have a friend coming over on the weekend..... I will let you know what he thinks. My buddy can draw his 8 iron like nobody I've seen.
      Last edited by keither5150; 11-23-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

keither5150 Did you get your repair PX2 mat back? What are the results?

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet, you?

• sturonek
          sturonek commented
          Editing a comment
          He said mine was shipping out today

You guys had to retun your px2 sensor mats? What happened?

Comment

• sturonek
          sturonek commented
          Editing a comment
          He never sent me tracking information so I am guessing mine won't shipped until tomorrow....hopefully.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Martin emailed me letting me know that mine shipped today..... yours most likely shipped as well.

• sturonek
          sturonek commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got mine in today. I will get it hooked back up tonight and let you know how things are working

I got my repaired mat back from GSA and took some swings this even. To say I am beyond excited would be an understatement. Ball flight in the game is basically identically to my flight in real life. I have some friends coming over this weekend, so we will see if they get the same results. So far I would say well worth the money!

Comment

I would have to agree. My ball flight is more like RL now. Pushes, pulls, fades and draws....... are all shown nicely. Draws are hard for me. Draws are what I am going to be working on this winter...... and my big power fade with the driver on doglegs to the left. It will be interesting if my handicap goes up or not. For those who are religious with their data.... Most of my shots are slightly inside to outside 0.5-3 degrees and with a slightly closed face.... about 0.3- 3 degrees.... See any problems?...... It seems really hard to get a square club path. I can have as many as 20 shots in a row with a inside out path. I would also say that over 90% of my club face angles are slightly closed...... if open, usually less than 1.5 degrees open.

Overall, the PX2 mat is a great addition to the CX2..... making it a PX5. Like Sturonek says.... well worth the upgrade.

Comment

• Dalts001
            Dalts001 commented
            Editing a comment
            With your in to out shot shape and a slightly closed face, doesn't this equate to a draw?
            If this is your natural swing then why are draws so hard for you Keith?
            Or is that the problem you are hinting at?

• keither5150
            keither5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            IRL, I have really straight ball flight. if they draw it is only about 5 feet or so on a 170 yard shot. The harder I swing the more it draws. I would really like to draw the ball like a friend of mine. His ball will move about 10-12 yards left to right on a 170 yard shot. I think that the difference between my buddy and I is that is his path will be far greater in to out than mine. My path is very slight in to out as I am trying to have a straight path in my normal swing. I will have more time on the weekend to test this out. Maybe I just need to close the face a little more...... I will be asking my buddy for a free lesson over the Xmas break.

I purchased the CX3c system from Martin over a year ago, moved into our new house last March and have been slowly trying to get things to work. I have been working with Martin for over the last 3 months trying to get the CTS color Lite camera to work. He has been telling me recently that I can exchange CTS camera for the PX2 mat. How do you guys like the mat? My biggest complaint is that I do not feel the CX2 cameras are accurate. How have you adjusted your settings? I ask Martin about the settings and he tells me that I need to play/adjust them my self. Any help would be appreciated. PM if you feel it would be better to explain everything.

Thank you,
          Chris
          MN Golfer

Comment

• Wigalo
            Wigalo commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Wigalo; 12-21-2016, 03:46 PM.

I really love the PX2 mat.. I did have my CX2 settings dialed in pretty close to my real life game. Do you have the ability to record gameplay? The reason I ask is that it may be easier for you to hit a few balls with your control panel open . Let me see what the Vcam and Hcam windows are doing. Record this .... and put priviately on YouTube or in a shared google drive folder. I can then give you my two cents and perhaps provide a short video in return with some simple setup instructions... You won't be able to copy my settings exactly as every enclosure is different and requires different settings for the shots to register properly. Once the CX2 is working well , I can give you some tips on how to make it match your real life game.
          BTW are you running TGC? if not......... I can tell you that it's the best money that you will ever spend.

Comment

I can tell you from experience that Martin's club cam will NEVER work. If he had any integrity at all, he'd give you your money back...unfortunately not going to happen. Keither has been able to get his GSA PX5 dialed in and I'm happy for him. I was able to sell my cx5 on ebay for pennies on the dollar. I am now a GC2 owner and couldn't be happier. In the 6 years that I had my GSA junk, I was never satisfied. However you do it, get rid of any club tracking cameras as soon as you can and never look back.

Comment

I would love to get my hands on one of GSA's club cameras. I am a problem solver by nature and would welcome the challenge.

And after 30+ days with the PX5.... the verdict is ...... Pretty awesome! I was really hoping that I could magically move the ball from right to left and left to right...... but sadly , just like in real life..... there is no magic.. If I slow down my swing speed I can move the ball slightly ( about 10 feet over 150 yards ). If I try to move it more, I run the risk of a big mishit. So I am back to trying to hit every shot straight and leave the practicing to the range. The PX mat was not without it's hiccups. There was a manufacturing defect which required the mat to be sent back to FL.

Now it is downright scary how accurate it is...... you ever hit the ball.... and before you even pick up your head, you know that you really messed up and you just hope you can find it? Well, now I have that ....minus the losing the ball thing. With the CX2 ( two camera, no club or spin ) one can predetermine what a off center shot does..... it can either fade back or go straight left or hook. With infinite adjustment, one can match their game quite easily. The problem is that you don't have all the shots in your bag. Once you improve your game .... you will want those shot available to you. The PX5 adds club speed, path, and face angle to the mix. So now you know if you sliced , pushed or faded.

The GC2 is the holy grail of golf sims, but at less than half the price, the PX5 delivers really nice accuracy and is lefty righty friendly. If I get a big bag of money for Xmas, I may buy a GC2 as I love the one at Golftown. But I still wouldn't get rid of the PX5 as it's nice to have the L/R friendly sim...... So it would have to be a big bag of money.

Comment

@keither...the PX5 mat is a proven commodity and by adding reliable club data, I see why you are having such a blast!

I've always said that if Martin could actually get his tech to work, that he would have the best sim regardless of price on the market.

The unfortunate thing is that his club recognition routines are not good enough to consistently track a club head swinging between 60 and 110mph. Once you start throwing in the different head shapes and colors...forget about it.

I am a make it happen type of guy myself. But after years of him telling me that it works in his studio just to see him put an update on his tech page that 'fiixed' the thing that supposedly worked, I realized that he's just a tinkerer and does not have the expertise to perfect the club or ball spin routines. Look at his LX launch monitor, ball spin cam, now the cx club cam that he sold for thousands...now he's going to the px mat.

He actually started working with a Swedish outfit a couple of years ago to help with club and ball recognition code, sounded promising at the time. You know who the Swedish outfit turned out to be? Swedish, the guy on this forum who just pieced together a sim that already is better than Martin's cx series.

Martin's Px5 is very similar to the protee system . For someone like Keither, he can get it dialed in. For someone without the skills, why would you go with gsa when protee has such great support.

Comment

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree, If GSA can get the club cameras to work with little or no tinkering, they would have the best sim on the market.. Club path is easy, which Swedish guy has shown that his DIY sim has. Club face is a whole other animal. Very hard to have a camera that is set up to work with every club. What I feel GSA needs to do is have a set up procedure where each club is put behind the ball at the sweet spot. The system would need to store this image into memory. Everything would have to be user based...... so your buddies would have to go through the set up as well. Club and user selection would be a must. I can see it working if GSA adopts this or a similar set up. Perhaps I am over simplifying this but if Martin can get his clubs to work in his shop, there has to be a way for all clubs to work. You also have to admit that GSA's Hcam putting is flawless. Even the best LM are only accurate within 1 degree for direction.... 1 degree left on a 15 foot putt and you miss it by 3 inches. I have had over 10 different golfers play in my basement and all are impressed with GSA's putting.

Wigalo, I do understand your frustration....Getting my CX2 up and running was painful. Turns out that my two major problems were enclosure material and USB port issues. After resolving these, my system worked great. I had an issue with the PX mat..... it has been resolved. Nobody can dispute ProTee's service record. I have not experienced the service problems that you have had with GSA. My issues we dealt with during one remote session. I was advised on how to fix my issues and it worked for me.

For somebody looking for plug and play.... choose a Launch monitor. For those who need L/R friendly sims, your choice is a little more complicated. ProTee and GSA are the only affordable Sims in this category.

Like I said, I would love to have a crack at CTS.
              Working...
              X