X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PX5 user

Hello guys,
    First time posting in the forum.

Three coworkers and I have set up a PX5 sim in a garage and just about have it set up and running good. Id say right now we have the cameras and lighting right were we need them. The next step will be getting the club distances dialed in. I have just a ton of questions that I don't have answers to as of yet. I owe Martin a call or email as I need to understand how to dial in the club distances.
    I see Keither has this same system and I hope to gain some of his knowledge. I promise to help this forum with what I learn, as setting up a golf sim is not an easy task. But hey, If we could have spent 50k that would be done for us.

I'll be back in a few days to ask a few questions... Good golfing guys

K-

Welcome aboard. Make sure you guys pick up TGC. I just posted a video of my latest tour round. With 3 guys hitting..... setting up club speed should be easy.

Comment

Nice video Keither,

I wanted to ask you a few questions if you have time to answer that would be great.

In one of your posts, I don't remember were I seen it. You talked about using a calculator to set your v-cam.
      Do you suggest that I do this as well? I understand why this is important, but wondering if it can be changed by the settings?

In the v-cam settings, I don't really have an idea on how to use the "Speed decrease setting" 25% 30-60.

How do I go about setting up with a 9 iron like you talk about. If I know the distance of the 9 iron, how would I calibrate
      to that setting?

We golfed yesterday, 27 holes on TGC Demo. Both of us are left handed and here is what I was seeing.

When the game said to use a 7 iron, we both would club down 1 or 2 , so instead of using a 7 iron, grab the 6 or 5 iron to get the distance that we need. That was true for all of the irons, club down one or two.

Drives were interesting, I will usually out drive my friend IRL. But with the sim, he was out-driving me. I can say that when a ball has a low LA the farther it goes on our sim. He also has a bad slice IRL and we don't see that.

The short game is tough as well, I have the cams picking up short pitches but they sometimes will smoke across the green or come short. Here I have a lower LA with a SW, but Brett has a very high LA with his SW. Right now I'm better at landing on the green than he is.

We try and hit every ball off of the matt, directly on top of the tee area. When would a guy not hit off of the matt? We don't have a rough or sand matt, yet.

I'll stop here for now, Just looking for a few ideas on how to get dialed in.

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks awesome BTW

PM....... you shortly.

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just sent you a short novel.....with pictures

Keither,

dont hesitate to share your novel with me too...might get from you some other good suggestions for my own setup! thks

Comment

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I will forward it to you..... Just sent it....disregard the odd PX5 bit.
        Last edited by keither5150; 01-08-2017, 11:58 PM.

Quick little video of a PX5 draws and fades.. I put this together so quick that I even have a skulled shot in there. There should be a disclaimer.... draws and fades from a 10 handicapper. One thing that is evident from the video is that I need more practice. Or maybe I should draw some lines on my matt. Good to see that the PX5 picks up terrible shots as well as good ones.

Comment

• South Paw
        South Paw commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice video, I hope to be hitting like that soon as well.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still need plenty of practice. I have taken only a few hundred shots with draws and fades. I still prefer to hit straight. But I am going to keep working on it. At first, the outside to inside club path felt very odd, but I am getting the hang of it. I am going to spend at least an hour or two a week working on shot shaping. I stopped by Golftown and hit a few 7 irons...... Draws and fades only....... They ball didn't seem to move as much as I move it at home. It could be the mat. Or I might have my spin calculations set too high. I had a golf pro over the other night and he seemed to think that it is very accurate. He made a few suggestions for my swing that I am going to slowly introduce. Make sure you don't use any of the forgiveness settings. Club face easy or very easy will take away from reality.
    Working...
    X