HD golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD golf

Anybody gaming the HD golf? They are popular here in Ontario especially at indoor golf centers. I have been down to visit and tour their facility several times. Impressive technology. I am not a big fan of their real picture software at all. They provide club and ball data. Not sure if they have anything new recently. http://www.hdgolf.com/

Check it out and hopefully it's a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by billydruce View Post
      A years old hd golf simulator has just come up for sale near me. How would u say the accuracy compares to gc2. Would you buy one if it was the "right" price
      Billy... Just my 2 cents as a GC2 owner. The HD is probably a tiny bit more accurate in certain situations, not really enough to care about since nothing is perfect. The one advantage HD has is that with that many cameras, mishit readings are even less likely to occur. They'll still happen. That said, advantages of the GC2 is ease of setup and current compatibility with ProTee and TGC, in addition to its own software. Those factors alone makes GC2 the better option in my opinion. You may actually want the permanence of the HD system, but the setup required was a huge thing for me... Plus the ability to take the GC2 outside in my yard or to the range was a nice added benefit. Good luck either way!

Comment

Thank u for your replies

Comment

I would see what you are getting for what price. I personally would get the HD golf if they were priced the same. The HD golf units run a cool 50K so I suspect the price will be much more than the GC2. Everything depends on how much they will let it go for and of you are entertaining lefty/righties on a constant occasion.

Comment

Dads a left handed and I'm right handed

Comment

HD would be better for your lefty righty situation!

Comment

Yes that's why my other options are protee or flightscope

Comment

Yeah, I have a good friend that is a lefty and while it's not a big deal to move the GC2 for his turn, (takes 5 seconds) it is definitely an inconvenience!

Comment

And I agree with Bubba, I'd be surprised to see the HD system go for less than $10k. At $6k it would be a steal.

Comment

If it's the full system with the enclosure, computer, and all software and turf, I think anything under $20k could be good as with HD you are getting a lot for that kind of money. For CG2 would you not have to add HMT to get more comparable with what HD offers?

Comment

Yes to compare apples to apples you would need to add HMT to GC2. As well if an enclosure, computer, mat etc sre included then the need to be factored into the situation when comparing. Also think of what software is included when comparing. The question is do you need HMT?

Comment

Going to see what I can get it for, if its the right price I will buy it, if not I won't. The bloke has 3 for sale, if I can get it for good price I'll Post on here and if anyone's interested i will put you in contact

Comment

• 350meterdrive
                            350meterdrive commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hello Billy
                            I may be interested in 1 of these, does the guy still have any left?

Much appreciated billy. Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by billydruce View Post
                            Going to see what I can get it for, if its the right price I will buy it, if not I won't. The bloke has 3 for sale, if I can get it for good price I'll Post on here and if anyone's interested i will put you in contact
                            Billy, what did you find out? Curious what an HD system would cost (used), and if/what the support/warranty is through HD? I've received information from HD, including their amazing brochures, the systems look awesome... but as you said, way out of my price range (brand new).

Thanks,
                            -Brett

Comment

I offered £5000 and he turned it down he was after £15000. Personally think he will be lucky to get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X