Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak or GC2

Hi everyone,
    I got my skytrak and TGC system up and running. I was really excited until I hit my clubs about 20-60 yards below what I actually hit them. I've been reading the forums that say move the ball back, 'make sure you're actually hitting that far' and so on...

Played today, shot 80 and made sure to markdown yardages so I could reference when I came home. I'm a 9.8 handicap and have been taking lessons at GolfTec, which uses the ForeSight system.

We only played two holes on TGC but here are a couple clubs I hit - real life vs TGC with SkyTrak
    Real life carry (golftec and range) vs. SkyTrak TGC carry:
    Hybrid - 220 - 180
    5 iron - 190 - 160
    6 iron - 170 - 140
    9 iron - 145 - 120

Am I missing something? I put the ball on the laser, I am hitting off a pretty nice mat, the skytrak is on the mat, etc.

I've read (and will continue to read) about yardages with the skytrak and how they vary with different situations. It seems hit or miss. I've also seen people using the 'boost' feature, but I would like to think for 2k that this machine is accurate enough. It was accurate on the range but once I put it in my backyard everything was shorter. I'm considering getting a GC2 and seeing what is more accurate.

Does anyone know if I can still use my TGC subscription and the E6 golf package with the GC2?

Would love any feedback!!!

I don't use any boost, and mine is bang on accurate. Your skytrak shouldn't be on the same mat you're hitting from. The jarring at impact can throw it off. Same height, but next to it is generally the recommendation. Are you swinging indoors? That is often another cause for the 10-20% loss you're seeing. Subtle swing changes from swinging inside that you aren't even aware you're doing. Your mat might also be part of it. Catching it ever so slightly fat can easily result in a shot which feels "ok" but is a little short. And off center strikes, put some foot spray on the face and make sure you're hitting it from the screws. Most of these are the result of the subtle changes from swinging inside...

My thoughts are: Take the unit to an outdoor range, laser a target and hit and measure. I'm sure you will find the distances are spot on - pretty much all those threads you're reading are "my units not reading correctly...oh wait, yes it is, it was me all along" ;-)

can an be tough finding the true cause, but work with it.

Comment

There are some GolfTec's using SkyTrak instead of Foresight now... that's how good Skytrak is
      [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
      AUS: +61390057975
      USA : +14698449353
      Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

Comment

When I hit clean the the skytrak reports it correctly. Hitting just a little fat off the matt really limits the distance. Try to tee it up just a little off the matt - I started doing this and getting cleaner hits indoors and does not hurt the outdoor game - in fact I think it is more like real life fairway...the fairways prompts the ball up just a little just like the tee. I had to buy some tees and then cut them down - the ball is just barly sitting up.

I love the sktrak - also as someone mentioned...hitting indoors takes a while to get use to

Comment

• rrobinson
          rrobinson commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely true. I see usually 5%-10% less ball speed off a mat. Plus the indoor swing phenomenon is real. Try these (suggested in another post). They will rule out the mat issues at least and like penrose says will not hurt the outdoor game. Regardless of what simulator you use you will always have mat issues.

Great video that shows GC2 and skytrak tracking the same shot. https://youtu.be/z5bifppIjq4

there really is nothing much between them

Comment

You said it was accurate on the range so it points you to either setup problem, possibly from sitting on the same mat, or an issue swinging indoors.

Comment

Working...
          X