FedEx cup points.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx cup points.

I have been waiting for the FedEx cup points to disappear and start over. I guess that there is bigger fish to fry. Before we start another FedEx cup season, maybe we can have a discussion of how it is going to work. Start date end date.... etc. I have to be honest..... I don't know 100% the ins and outs of the PGA FedEx cup.... other than the prize is 10 million. Are points to be given out like they are now? Net score. Do we include gross score somehow....if so how? Or do we wait for TGC2?

Now that we have well over 100 players.... it might be a good idea to start it over. I think that I am leading the FedEx cup because I have clearly played the most rounds. All of those 20 points sure add up. I have also made big improvements from the time that I started.

I think that we should start from scratch so that the next most improved player can be at the top....

Bnorman, This is just a discussion ..... Please note that nothing is being decided. I just want to gauge everyone's opinion on this subject.

Protee is dead set against having 2 different tours. There would simply be two different columns for points. Tour points ( which is exactly what we have now) and Fed Ex cup points which would be based on gross. Net winner still wins the tour. That doesn't change. Fed EX cup points would be used to determine who makes the Fed Ex cup playoffs as said in the above post. Those who don't make the cut and still play the same playoff courses but only with everyone else who didn't make the cut. We could actually run it similar to the real Web.com tour....where the top guys there could maybe get a by into the following Fed Ex cup. The goal here is not really to separate anyone but to encourage players to compete more and play more rounds.

Does this make my thoughts more clear...... no change to existing tour or tour winner..... just an additional Fed ex cup champion that is based on gross score. Because sadly....... some great players are choosing not to play because they have zero chance of winning or even being near the top. The tour is currently slanted towards net players..... this idea just throws a bone for the low gross players.

Comment

Oh, I totally get it's a discussion. I'm totally clear on your thoughts . This is my opinion. What makes you think it was otherwise? I don't see the great players getting discouraged by 4 handicaps. They are getting discouraged by 20 handicaps who have only played 5 events as am I discouraged by that. IMO a player needs 20 rounds to get a true gauge on his handicap. If you look at the net leaderboard vs gross, there isn't much of a difference other than the high handicaps with few rounds. Over the course of a fed ex cup you would weed those out. Are my thoughts clear? They are nothing else but my opinion.

Comment

Working...
      X