ID:	104553

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Genesis Open runs from TODAY - February 19.

Purse: $6,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Yeah, I only have the same old 2.

Comment

• docsmilez
      docsmilez commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here, but mine did not complete installation. It gave me an error

• Bnorman58
      Bnorman58 commented
      Editing a comment
      I opened it today and it had the change, weird.

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was said somewhere that you need to start TGC and then stop it to get the patch to take. Not sure if that helps. For me, it still read the same version until I went into the text file. ST user so again, none of this may be helpful.

Just finished up second round. That course is a beast. I wanted to put on here that I did take a rewind on the 17th hole. Drive was in a bunker right with a good lie. Hit a 7 iron solid should have gone 130-160 depending on penalty and ball rolled over and maybe went a yard, data dissappeared to quick to see what it read, but no way shot that bad, didn't whiff it. If someone wants to publicly flogg me feel free!! Good luck to everyone who is looking to tackle it the rest of the week. I'm glad it's over.

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a weird shot during a practice round. Normal drive…. Very little movement right to left. However the drive duck hooked 40 yards to the right into the trees. I felt that it was odd because the drive was well struck. It gets more weird…. I look at the control panel….. it saves the data including images of the previous shot. I look at both camera images….. looks like the shot should have gone fairly straight…. Next I look at the club data. Relative face angle is 1.23 degrees….. again , indicating a fairly straight shot. Now with GSA, if the data is valid, you can hit the launch button and re-launch the shot…… so I took a rewind and hit the launch button. The drive then flies as expected…… fairly straight. I look at club data. And I see the 2 shots….. The shot data should be exactly the same since I just resent the data when I launched via the mouse.

LA, Ball speed, HA, are the same for both shots, the SA is 17.6 on one shot and 1.7 on the next.
      So..... try to explain that one. My drives are probably my most consistent part of my game. Golfing buddies have nicknamed me Robodriver. So I know when it is well struck and when I hook it into the trees. Rewinds are there for people who need them. People who abuse them are quite obvious. As I said above.... you are obviously not an abuser or rewinds. Don't even think twice about it.

• DukeJF
      DukeJF commented
      Editing a comment
      I think just one of those quirks...they don't happen often....and I guess it beats not swinging at all over the winter!

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      It has happened 3 times over about 5000 shots. Twice with the driver and once with a 7 iron. Not really much to worry about. Overall, I need a rewind about once every 4 or 5 rounds.... sometimes I can go 10-20 rounds without one and then you need 2 in one round.....

Hit a reasonable round earlier today. But my 7 iron snapped in half on my follow through as it hit my front shoulder like I normally do....just literally snapped in half.....uggggg

Comment

Easily move this one to the never play again pile, unfortunately i've only played one round so far.

Comment

• MainStGolf
        MainStGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        I hit two out of bounds on that hole before I finally put one in play. What an idiot.

• mthunt
        mthunt commented
        Editing a comment
        Is this the one we played last year? It was terrible. The layout was accurate but trees on top of trees

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think TGC was available for us Skytrak users for this tournament last year. But yeah, trees and trees and trees. It seems quite narrow, wonder if it's as narrow as this IRL.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question.... but here goes. I played round 1 this evening, then when it was time to "quit".... the 2nd round started and as I went to click "end game" - I accidentally clicked "concede hole" so TGC gave me an 11 on the hole. So when I go to start round 2, is that going to start me on the 2nd hole at 7 over par??? Or is there any way for me or someone else to fix that?
      EST

Comment

Welcome to the world of the no confirmation concede hole button. You're not the first. I don't know if they've fixed this for people or not though.
        Originally posted by 4 Degrees Flat View Post
        Not sure if this is the place to ask this question.... but here goes. I played round 1 this evening, then when it was time to "quit".... the 2nd round started and as I went to click "end game" - I accidentally clicked "concede hole" so TGC gave me an 11 on the hole. So when I go to start round 2, is that going to start me on the 2nd hole at 7 over par??? Or is there any way for me or someone else to fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by Andyman33 View Post
          Hit a reasonable round earlier today. But my 7 iron snapped in half on my follow through as it hit my front shoulder like I normally do....just literally snapped in half.....uggggg
          That does really suck, but made me chuckle reading it. Just picturing the wtf moment when you see half the club hit the ground after your follow through haha. Never seen that happen before

Comment

Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

That does really suck, but made me chuckle reading it. Just picturing the wtf moment when you see half the club hit the ground after your follow through haha. Never seen that happen before
            All of a sudden club is light and a loud banging as it landed on the concrete...wtf?!?! Lol. Hoping Taylormade maybe will fix it under warranty. But I'm sure they get a lot of those "it just broke" after someone snapping it on their knee stories. Unfortunately for me it really did just break no good story at all

Comment

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              Good project to learn how to do your own repairs. It's fairly simple, with minimal tools. Propane torch to head up head and remove broken shaft, easy to do with steel shaft, heat up and twist. Graphite different method needs to be straight pull. Then you can measure components and use some calculation to do sw if you don't have a sw scale. Probably be better built than directly from manufacturer.

I broke 5 Taylor Made speed blades over the last year. I have a hole in my screen from 1, though it is low so I dont worry about it. Taylor Made was good about the first few and they were even a few years old. Golfsmith was open back then and the guy told me they get a lot of TM broken. I have not even had the last 3 fixed as I finally just went and bought Titleist.

Comment

Great 1st round for me and okay 2nd round. Had a few poor strikes on the 2nd round that hurt me. Not the easiest course if you don't set yourself up on your second shot.

Comment

What a way to ruin a good round. I tripled the par 4 297 yard hole without water. UGH.. Man are those pin placements tough. I had a 3 yard putt from the deep rough to the hole. Next round I will be going for the center of the green more often. I should have looked at the zoom instead of just going distance and pin high. still not a bad round for me at +10.

Comment

DukeJF - Incredible second round!

Comment

I had a handicap before and after the rounds. I was placed in third overall. Now it disappeared and I dropped way off.

Comment

Tour handicap either has to be established by going through Q school or playing 5 tour rounds. ProTee is still working on the automation of the handicap system. I am not sure if the automation is live or your handicap was manually adjusted. After your 5th round, it should start calculating the handicap. Please note that handicaps are only calculated once a week.... Tuesday, I believe. For a while there, handicaps were issued after as little as 1 round. We always advise new players to go through Q school as it establishes your handicap faster.

The tour website is relatively new as are the handicapping rules.

How is your TGC Tour Handicap Index Calculated Your TGC Tour Handicap is calculated based on the official USGA Handicap Formula. Step 1: Calculate the

Comment

This is definitely a hard course but I really liked playing and watching the tournament at the same time. It's not up to me but I'd keep it in the rotation as long as its a pga tour stop. I don't care if I shoot worse because it's tight for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X