Minimum rounds to establish handicap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum rounds to establish handicap

I have tried writing protee and haven't heard back. I know they have better things to do than to manually adjust handicaps but noticed something in the last few weeks. According to their tour handicap rules, you will have a 0 handicap until you have completed 5 tour rounds. I have seen people with as low as 1 round have a handicap that is being used. Sorry guys that this involves but in fairness to others and you down the road this should be enforced. I know in my case when I started out it defaulted to 0 my first 5 rounds. In actuality if you were to establish a usga handicap you need a minimum amount of rounds. Anyway, I know a lot of people on here get soured on the handicap bracket and this even further discourages people. So, for instance doc smiley would be leading this week and Gary and duke would be tied for second. Makes no difference to me to move up a spot or 2 but those 3 should be given their due. To view handicap calculation, go to the player page, tour handicap tab and click the search icon. If it does not have at least 5 scores, it is not a valid handicap.

We made some changes to make sure < 5 rounds = tour handicap 0.0
    This should solve the issue permanently.

Comment

I have 7 tour rounds in now currently and still no HC

Comment

I know they dont update HC until after the tournament which officially doesnt end until after today. They actually last 8 days. I am assuming they will update after today.

Comment

I see your 7th round was this new tournament. I'm sure you will have a handicap applied to today's round after they update it tonight.

Comment

Some other changes to shot data......... is that Carry distance I see?

Comment

It was changed to 5 rounds minimum.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              London Hunt Club L mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

Right, that's what we have been talking about. They didn't change it, it has been for the 9 months I've been playing. It actually has said that in the rules. Now they are doing it automatically. I have had to pm protee for the last month or so because somebody would be leading the tournament by some ungodly amount with 1 round being used for the handicap. I always am looking out for the others on the tour that's not fair to.

Comment

Hey Bnorman, I appreciate your efforts here. Stand up guy. I do think they have been fixing the issues on the backend though. At least that has been my experience from the past 2 weeks when I was actually in the ranking. Did they fix your ranking on the back end as well? I noticed last night that last weeks tourney was updated. No shot record people were removed and the leaderboard was updated with check marks beside players names. It appears that check marks mean shot records are turned on. I can't say how handicaps are handled though. When I started the tour, I had previously played my q school rounds (5) and still started with a zero cap. I assumed this was the case for all.

On a side note, can anyone point me to the thread where you can adjust TGC handicap non tour. Mine is +250ish right now and it's getting annoying.

Comment

It really sucks when playing with friends. You can't get honors on the tee and you get killed on the scorecard. Would like to know how to adjust it as well.
                    Originally posted by GarySatterwhite View Post
                    Mine is +250ish right now and it's getting annoying.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                      DirtyGarry24 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've shot under par in practice rounds and my cap adjusted score is shown at 180+. Lol! Also, I have a series of plus signs on my scorecard that makes it look terrible. There was a thread about this a few weeks ago but haven't been able to find it yet.

On the first subject, looks like they may have got it fixed to do it automatically. I know they have been working on it. That's good, I'm sure they are tired of hearing from me.

thats crazy on the non tour handicap, I hadn't seen that before. Did it used to work for you guys? I gotta go check that out to see if it's happening on mine.

Comment

• wbond
                      wbond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think it happened when we played Phoenix. It did something screwy with all the HDCP's.

• DirtyGarry24
                      DirtyGarry24 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, this just started a few weeks ago. Several people are having the issue. I bumped the thread to see if someone can offer a good fix.

• goatbarn
                      goatbarn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You could just manually update your handicap within TGC. I believe from that point it will start adjusting for your rounds played from that point forward.

The non-tour handicap system is still broken and ProTee United has been completely silent about it. The other thread is below. For now I have manually set my handicap (when you start a round and can edit who is playing you can click on your player and set it manually or reset it). The latter causes crazy results in the opposite direction.
                    Over the past few days I have completed some practice rounds at TPC Stadium Scottsdale ProTee. Yesterday, after my round, I noticed that my handicap seemed

Comment

at least mine is set now. It will hopefully at least keep me competitive with all these scratch golfers

Comment

Working...
                      X