Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - The Honda Classic

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at PGA National Honda Classic Sat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	honda.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	106242

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Honda Classic runs from TODAY - February 26.

Purse: $6,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

ProTee United how do we get the golfsimulator tours to make my name look nice keeping track of my "winnings" and current handicap etc? it is keeping track and even gave me a trophy but when I click my name most things say NA -- a SMALL issue I know but it sure makes everything fun! thanks for evertyhing.

Comment

• ProTee United
        ProTee United commented
        Editing a comment
        We fixed an update script that was not running. Your data is now showing. Thanks for reporting the issue.

Some scary scores posted so far . . . makes me nervous :-).

Comment

• V8burble
        V8burble commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I like scary scores. Might have to dust down my TGC tourcard and give this one a go!

• MainStGolf
        MainStGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        They don't seem to be getting any better :-).

Well that was a very difficult round. I had 1 rewind shot 70 hole 6 which was a 5 iron that had ball speed of 113mph and launched at 14 degrees and traveled around 70 yards and then I got to hole 7 and tee'd off and my ball split which put me in the water. The golf gods where not happy with me tonight. On a side not the drop system sucks as it keeps making me play from the original spot and not where the ball enters the hazard. Putting was incredibly annoying with the 3 degrees left/right as it makes it a complete guess to where the ball will go
      Last edited by colinjm18; 02-20-2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
        Some scary scores posted so far . . . makes me nervous :-).
        Yeah, there is lots of water. I managed an 85 or 86 in practice and I had a few rewinds. The greens are tricky. If you are on the wrong side be very careful about going past the hole as there are some slopes that will take you off the green. I can easily see me shooting 85 and 98 on consecutive rounds. On the 180 yards par 3 without water I pulled a shot with my 4 hybrid that flew 223 into the water on the other hole to the right. It is going to take 2 good rounds to break par here.

Comment

• MainStGolf
          MainStGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG! This is NOT good with my roller coaster of a golf game right now. I may have to wait a few more days to give this a whirl :-).

I like number 18...... it scares me..... almost enough to lay up. I should really lay up. But I probably won't if my drives are good.

Comment

Second practice round produced 7 water balls. This is a real challenge of a course. Finished at 91 with one rewind/misread.

Comment

This course was brutal. Humbling. Pulled a tin cup in first round on one of par 4s, think I had 4 consecutive water balls off the tee. Usually dont have any, but had 2 rewinds. First was a cracked ball off tee (I know jury is up in air on this, but I consider this a rewind as Sim is much more abusive on balls than IRL. I have never cracked ball on real course). Second was ball that rolled an inch when I placed it on mat.

Comment

With all due respect this was another not-good course choice for this tournament. Pin location alone should have disqualified it for sim play.
              I'd like to request again that we play courses that are fun for everyone...

Comment

Fair enough, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Last year we had a poll that asked the players what was most important when picking courses. The vast majority chose accuracy. Playability and length were a distant 2nd and 3rd. There are 4 to chose from. 3 are of playable length. The only difference between those 3 is pin placement. And because the designer duplicated each day's pin placement..... there is hardly one that is much easier than the others. Last year, I think we played both Fri and Sat..... Sat for sure. I looked at the first 9 holes of Thurs version.... Two of the holes have slightly easier placement. The fact is that this is a hard course. I think that because it is hard , it shouldn't be out of the running for sim play. Now, if there were a ProTee version that maybe the greens were 30% bigger, it would be an easy choice. The tour schedule is laid out..... for the most part.... well in advance. Everyone is welcome to help test the courses and make possible suggestions for changes. Just because we played the Sat version last year, doesn't mean that there is not a better choice this year. Any suggestions for change will be tested and considered. The fact is that this course is a beast on TGC and real life. One of the best things of matching our tour to the PGA tour is that we can play the same holes that the pros are playing. At least when a few of the pros have blow ups on the last 4 holes, we can relate.....sort of..

Comment

• mthunt
                  mthunt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Rivera course was made by a guy that always goes overboard on trees. I hated it. This weeks course has a lot of water just like PGA West did. There's a lot of water at the Honda. I have said it 100 times, not every course is going to please everyone. We need to equally please everyone which means sometimes people won't be pleased.

• jrz
                  jrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the discussion. My beef is really with the greens. Beyond the pin placement, are the extreme contours of the greens near the pins taken into account? I can see pins, which are placed at the edge of the green on Augusta-like slope, being good for gamers but not for sim play.

• keither5150
                  keither5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jrz..... I hear ya..... but the greens are pretty accurate and yes they are tough. A little more time needs to be taken when approaching the greens. Check out the slopes and hit accordingly. Like I said.... there is no easy version of this course. Like Bk1106 says, some of the designers are tree happy. I agree with Mthunt about Riviera. Next year, we should find a better version of Riviera. There was one that the trees were even worse. JRZ does have a point. Perhaps we could send the designer a message asking for a ProTee version for next year. I would be surprized if there was any sub par rounds for this event.

I played 2 practice rounds on this course yesterday and I like it. I like that it puts a premium on driving accuracy even though that is the weakest part of my game. I was critical of last weeks course because good tee shots left you with no shot to several of the greens. This course, that is not the case. A good tee shot will leave you both out of the water and a manageable shot to the green. I think the greens could be 20%-30% bigger and would make the course more enjoyable since there are run offs on most greens. However, hit the green and you have a good look at birdie. If you catch a run off, then you have a decent chance of chipping in.

With that said, the course is hard. There will be water balls if you don't hit good shots whether you're a sim player or a pro (poor fellas). Personally I like the challenge. If a guy can work with a one way miss, you should be able to stay out of the water. That makes you a better golfer in the end.

Keep in mind that I haven't played any tourney rounds this week and I may be changing my mind by the end of the week.

Comment

Agreed on the above statements. Course was brutal but fair. I enjoyed the challenge and would rather play tour relevant courses over ease.

Comment

Definitely a course you should play a practice round on. Any try not to Tin Cup the 5th hole of the tournament. Great layout, if we don't like shooting high scores...we should get better. If I could make one change it would be to allow for real drop zones/hazards in the design. I hit a ball right into water on 14 off the tee, and instead of getting two club lengths and hitting three into the green with a chance to save par, I'm reteeing into the same tough landing area with my third shot. That penalty is a little draconian. Again, if I don't like it, I should try to hit the fairways, they were very well manicured! Off to Scottsdale for the week for some real golf. Enjoy the week boys!

Comment

Love the tough courses where 2-3 practice rounds are needed to prepare for the grind!

Comment

• keither5150
                        keither5150 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Here is the tip of the day for the new users. Save a replay on one of your practice rounds. So next year when perhaps we are playing this course again.... you can watch the complete round via the replay in Stats. It's a quick way to familiarize yourself with the course again. For some reason you have to start watching on the 2nd hole...... It's a bug in the replay software.
                    Working...
                    X