Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Valspar Championship

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Pinehurst #2 ('16 Edition - ProTee White)

Valspar Championship

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Valspar Championship runs from TODAY - March 12.

Purse: $6,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Another very scoreable course this week. It's a simple game when you stay in the fairway and hit GIRs. Did that through pretty much the first 13-14 holes and then I went south a little bit. Had it at -1 at one point. I know I had a double in there which hurt. Missed one stroke due to the phantom pull. Had more putts like that in this round than in a long while, but only one that was costly. Others were short anyway. I think I only made one putt outside of gimmie range all round. That's just sad. Looking forward to round 2.

Comment

• aja
        aja commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe I'm stupid, but I don't see your name on the leaderboard. Weren't we supposed to have our id's match on the forum site and the tour???

• MainStGolf
        MainStGolf commented
        Editing a comment
        The name used in the tournament has to match what you putt into that notepad file. When I first signed up I figured everyone used their real name for the tourneys, so that's what I used. I didn't realize until it was too late that people used their screen names. But I have always been Jason Jump in the tournaments from the very get go.

• StanMI
        StanMI commented
        Editing a comment
        Contact Protee , you can change it and keep your history

ProTee United ProTee Dennis Can we please get the skytrak short game correction reduced to 10yds instead of the 20. I'm assuming this is purely a variable that you have set within in the game that can be changed easily. I do not recall seeing anything posted from Protee about this and it has been mentioned multiple time by different skytrak users. Long term it would be nice to have a button to turn it on and off within the game.

Comment

• Toolman6000
        Toolman6000 commented
        Editing a comment
        What does the short game correction do?

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Within 20yds it picks up short/soft shots however it only applies mid 1k spin, not what the unit actually reads and the ball runs out forever. I've found the ST doesn't have an issue reading shots over 10yds, less than that it may, especially when short sided and have like 5-7yds.

• Toolman6000
        Toolman6000 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was wondering about that. I hit a chip and then it runs all the way off a flat green!

Good luck to everyone this week!

I am in Florida this week and attending the valspar instead of playing it on the simulator. First PGA tour event for me!

Comment

• Sascha1818
        Sascha1818 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, have fun. I haven't made it to one yet.

Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
      Another very scoreable course this week. It's a simple game when you stay in the fairway and hit GIRs. Did that through pretty much the first 13-14 holes and then I went south a little bit. Had it at -1 at one point. I know I had a double in there which hurt. Missed one stroke due to the phantom pull. Had more putts like that in this round than in a long while, but only one that was costly. Others were short anyway. I think I only made one putt outside of gimmie range all round. That's just sad. Looking forward to round 2.
      There was so much complaining about the course so we have some easy ones coming.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

Really enjoyed this course...I took last week off cause I was losing my mind playing..My game was complete shit lol...Didn't play stellar the first round here but my 2nd round was a lot better for me.

Comment

If you play a round online with someone else with turn order on and you hit a ball while waiting for them to take their shot, in tgc it makes the ball strike sound then fades to black and comes back to their avatar. I do this during practice rounds but haven't in tournaments because I don't want it to look like a mulligan. I like to use that time to work on my weaker clubs. Does anyone know if those shots would show up in shot recording?

Comment

• aja
            aja commented
            Editing a comment
            Technically that's against the rules of golf - to practice during a competitive match.

Doesn't answer your question, I know.

• ProTee United
            ProTee United commented
            Editing a comment
            These shots will record.

• inorkuo
            inorkuo commented
            Editing a comment
            aw man. my brother is a much better golfer than me and i beat him for the first time the other day in a practice round on this course. now my win is tainted because i'm a cheater.

Nice scores goat.
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• goatbarn
            goatbarn commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Sometimes not playing a lot helps. Only times I get in my garage I play tournament rounds, even when I tell myself all I should be doing is practicing what my coach tells me. Oh well.

Don't know if anyone would have the answer to this, but why did this course look so damn nice on my screen compared to other courses. It was very bright and vibrant and some of the other courses look washed out and dull greyish.

I wish all all the courses looked like this. Could this be achieved by changing time of say settings?

Comment

Originally posted by docsmilez View Post
            Don't know if anyone would have the answer to this, but why did this course look so damn nice on my screen compared to other courses. It was very bright and vibrant and some of the other courses look washed out and dull greyish.

I wish all all the courses looked like this. Could this be achieved by changing time of say settings?
            Yes. Go in to your display settings in the game menu and change the day of time override to something close to the middle of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by docsmilez View Post

Time of day is part of it but the designer also used colors and textures that aren't used often which helps make it pop. It's a lot of work but looks better.
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt
              Weston G&CC by mthunt
              Park CC Lidar mthunt
              The National GC L mthunt
              Mississaugua GC L mthunt
              Markland Woods CC mthunt
              Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
              Magna GC L mthunt
              Barrie CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range

Comment

• docsmilez
                docsmilez commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like my projector doubled in lumens

How quickly do you detect a cracked ball? This was a frustrating first round. I 4 putted the first hole, not because I was off but because my interface was wacky. I cannot miss a putt by 23 feet, even if down hill, then miss by 20 coming back? I had to restart everything. Then I played the round and could never get the distances correct. I finished an took a break. When I came back to play a round at sawgrass my distances were off again. Then I inspected the ball. Yep, cracked. Without reading glasses I cannot tell the Callaway name from a crack. Lesson learned. When it smell like a rat, it probably is a rat.... I will put on my reading glasses when I first detect something amiss. Never too old to learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by Boerdoc View Post
                How quickly do you detect a cracked ball? This was a frustrating first round. I 4 putted the first hole, not because I was off but because my interface was wacky. I cannot miss a putt by 23 feet, even if down hill, then miss by 20 coming back? I had to restart everything. Then I played the round and could never get the distances correct. I finished an took a break. When I came back to play a round at sawgrass my distances were off again. Then I inspected the ball. Yep, cracked. Without reading glasses I cannot tell the Callaway name from a crack. Lesson learned. When it smell like a rat, it probably is a rat.... I will put on my reading glasses when I first detect something amiss. Never too old to learn something.
                I notice it on the first full swing shot, but it's more difficult to detect on putts. I cracked one during this round as well... Hit a 7 iron that only went 90 yards. I thought about rewinding the shot, but I didn't. Have to protect the integrity of the game.

Comment

• Boerdoc
                  Boerdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can I rewind my tournament round? I wish I was a better ball striker so I could tell a mis-hit from a cracked ball. It just felt like a toe shot so I overcompensate and shank it.

Another very nice course ! I wonder how long it takes to build a course like this, or any other?

Comment

Working...
                X