Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Arnold Palmer Invitational

TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Bay Hill Club & Lodge (Pro Tee)

Arnold Palmer Invitational

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Arnold Palmer Invitational runs from TODAY - March 19.

Purse: $9,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Such is the game of golf. Best round I have done with my driver and irons. Most of my drives were 25 yards longer than typical andi n the fairway. Yet I chipped on and off the green 3-4 times, 3 putted twice and ended with an awful score of 97.
    My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

Comment

Too bad I'm offshore and can't play this course, looks like a good place to raise the old handicap back where it belongs. Scores look abysmal.

Comment

Damn water. Always gets me

Comment

The gross scores are well......................Gross.

Comment

• longhornlove
            longhornlove commented
            Editing a comment
            Easy to do out here in the Gulf of Mexico with no golf in sight for another week.

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            You can't take your Skytrak out to the rig? Why not? Progressive...

• longhornlove
            longhornlove commented
            Editing a comment
            Short ceilings and no space. If I could, I would.

Just got finished with round 3. I started it yesterday but pulled something in my shoulder at work and was on hole 8 and I put 3 in the water when It felt like something stabbed me in the shoulder and then gave up for the night. Finished tonight and as the game loaded it took a shot whilst I was at the computer and put me in the back bunker. I should probably have taken a rewind but didn't as it wouldn't have made a difference to the 12 I took for the hole. I'm very happy with how I finished the round and got 2 birdies in a row which I've never done and signed for a very surprising 94.

Comment

Got thru all 3 rounds today. My third round was weird...or at least my Sky Trak was weird. I had to rewind 2 shots because of a weird freeze. Hit the shot and waited for the ball to launch...2 minutes....3 minutes and then an odd result., Maybe it was my connection...I don't know. Still shot 79 - 87 - 87. Fun course.

Comment

Ugh. Such a frustrating round. Driving was pretty solid, irons were solid. Problem was distance control. Like, the first par 3 I hit a 4 iron 220 into the water in the back left of the green, Then, I hit 3 in a row on a par 4 into the water. That was truly frustrating because I hit all 3 solid and I'm fairly certain my skytrak didn't read them well, but I didn't have enough evidence in my head to take rewinds. All in all I'm happy with the way I was hitting. Not happy with the results. Also, I had a few chips that went much farther than usual. I just think I finally have a good swing and I'm getting more club head speed than I used to.

Comment

I played a practice round yesterday and got tore up! 4 shots in water. Just picked up my new custom fit irons today. Hope they help a little... played a couple holes tonight and was playing much better. I'm 6'5 and have always played with standard clubs. It's really nice having a club that fits me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post
                  Just noticed my shot recording is way out of wack, shows 10 or so shots with a 3W on my final hole. Some with ball speeds as low as 4-5 mph. Don't understand what that's about.
                  I had that issue before I changed my flash unit. I don't know why, but the flash must have been firing every time I moved the ball around with the clubface in the hitting zone on the GC2. It never happened during a tourney round though. I had to place the ball with my hand to get it to stop. My flash went out, I changed it, and it hasn't been an issue since.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

Do you pause the game to work on your swing, get back on plane then continue? lol
                    Lol... I was wondering the same thing. C'mon Keither... Let's protect the integrity of the game. 😉

Comment

• keither5150
                      keither5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Of course those shots would show up in shot data, if I did something like that. I don't even take practice swings. At my age ( turning 50 in a month ) you don't waste swings. I also don't waste energy when playing hockey.... I spend most of the warmup on the bench talking about golf.

Really love this course even though I donated about a box of balls. Had 2 too many Tin Cup moments in round 3 and just REALLY laid an egg. Just really disappointing.

Comment

• strider33
                      strider33 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ha! I can totally relate... had a classic Tin Cup moment on the very last hole of the tournament. I knew I had that shot in me... I rose to the challenge from the rough and hit a beautiful fade to within 18 feet of the cup... that is after plunking 3 in the water!! All for a beautiful 10. Sigh... Actually liked the course though.

• MainStGolf
                      MainStGolf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think I may have had a 10 and a couple of 9s. So annoying :-).

Interesting all the love for this course. The tournament made me realize I would never pay to play Bay Hill. Way too much target golf for me (I'm not good enough). Love ya Arnie, but no thanks.

Comment

Played my 3 rounds today. Fun and at times scary course. Short game really hurt me. Had a good third round going (for me) until the last two holes, I was feeling the pressure! Ha.

Good times.

Comment

This course is a good challenge. Lots of water to navigate around. I watched some of the last year's final on this course with Jason Day winning. Our course is very accurate to real life other than distance.

Nobody has shot a round in the 60's yet.... That means it is a tough course. Pin placement on 18 is ridiculously tough. This course would be great to play IRL.

Comment

• keither5150
                          keither5150 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In the 60's is a great score on this course.... good job Bnorman58. I take it , you missed all the water. I just watched about an hour of round one of the Arnold Palmer invitational at Bay Hill. It is so cool when our courses match the what we see on TV. What a great course!

• Bnorman58
                          Bnorman58 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks, yes I avoided the water on that round but not yesterday when I shot 87
                          It is really cool to play the same course and the designer did a fantastic job!

• keither5150
                          keither5150 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          With that much trouble on the course, a guy can easily shoot an extra 10 strokes and not really play that bad. I was lucky on my second round except for putting.... I think I missed about 6 putts inside 13 feet. 4 of those were inside of 10 feet. So my approach shots were really good but I had trouble finishing. I played really well, I just couldn't drop some putts.

I agree that the designer did a great job. I even noticed that the slopes of the greens were accurate..... like on 18, I was in the back bunker..... the pros try to land it on the fringe, which is what we have to do from there as well.

Sim golf is starting to show improvements in my golf game out on the real course. Very exciting! I live in a warm climate area so I've been able to get out on some extremely nice days. Admittedly the first few rounds after owning my Skytrak for a couple months was weird for lack of a better word. I felt awkward on the grass. Added was wondering will this actually help or possibly hurt my game?

The last 2 rounds have been very different. Starting to develop a one way miss with my driver. Not missing right all day isn't something I'm familiar with. It's huge for my game. Also being more comfortable with trouble in play. OB right or left, water short, etc. Also not being too occupied in a holes distance. Not feeling like I need to hit my longest drive ever to get a 7 iron in my hand. I'm comfortable hitting a 4 iron in if I need to. It's just another shot.

This is the reason why I like playing these tough courses on here. If I shoot 84, so be it. I won't play a course in my normal rota that is as tough as Bay Hill. But, when I come to a tough hole I'll be better prepared to deal with it.

Comment

• BWJones
                          BWJones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Keither, I am going to try your driver tip this weekend and see how it goes.

• keither5150
                          keither5150 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Give it a try...... I was recently at Golftown trying out the Epic. And before I even hit one..... the Golftown guy goes whoa whoa whoa. Move the ball ahead, you can't have your hands like that, and there was something else he didn't like about my set up. So I proceed to smash a baby draw that carried 292 on their GC2. He then says that I must golf a lot to make that set up work. Long story short..... I didn't like the Epic as much as my old Cobra Amp. I have a low torque shaft that is very forgiving and easy to square up with a strong grip. Last season, I tried a higher torque shaft and had to go back to the Amp quite quickly. Occasionally I would get an extra 20 yards or so, but I missed more than 1/2 of the fairways with that Cobra F6+, so I sold it and went back to the old driver. Here is another tip that I got from the golf channel. Spray your driver face with cooking spray to check impact. Gotta love the Golf Channel.

• DirtyGarry24
                          DirtyGarry24 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Keither is correct with that tip if you have trouble with a slice or out to in path. I miss right (righty) for a different reason though. I get too dumped under the plane and get my path too far right. Resulting in blocks to the right when I get tired of over drawing it. Moving the ball back in my stance only exaggerates that for me. Just want to clear that up.

Anybody giving Keither driving tips should be ran out of the studio.
                      Working...
                      X