Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Arnold Palmer Invitational

TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Bay Hill Club & Lodge (Pro Tee)

Arnold Palmer Invitational

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Arnold Palmer Invitational runs from TODAY - March 19.

Purse: $9,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

My shot on 18 when I was playing Keithers ghost in a match play - this won me the match. Better to be luck than good I guess.
    4 Likes, 2 Comments - Travis Kottke (@tkotts) on Instagram: “Arnie placed those rocks in the perfect position!”

Comment

• ganders75
      ganders75 commented
      Editing a comment
      No way did that just happen!! Awesome, just awesome...

• andygg1986
      andygg1986 commented
      Editing a comment
      What a bounce!! And for the win no less!

• dborden0
      dborden0 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is awesome! I'm sure when I get a hole in one the first time it will look something like that!

Well done!

Comment

Well, this is my first tournament and so far I suck!!!!! I have only played 9 so far but it was bad.

I don't think I hit one decent shot so I decided to take a break, get a beer and get a different prospective

Oh, and that was pretty awesome tkotts!!

Comment

I think I answered the call for a round in the 60's from keither5150 . Had a good run of birdies on the back 9. Took the advice of Vincent_Vega on Skytrak putting and honestly I had gotten away from that.

Was 3 under going into 18 and it was definitely on my mind. Poked a shorty out there that left me 155 into the green. 8 iron is my 160 club and I had to aim left to avoid the tkotts express (WTF, great shot man!!!). Naturally a good shot left me that awkward 25 yard down hill chip shot. I hit a good one but was left with a down hill 9 footer. I had to trust my aim on my shaky Skytrak and gutted it. LOL! Why do I take this shit so seriously? Fun round after a pretty awful front 9.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job Gary. That gives me something to shoot for tomorrow. I have one more crack at it.

• DirtyGarry24
          DirtyGarry24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks keither, I'm sure you'll have no trouble.

Finished my last two rounds last night. Ugh. I felt so good going into it. Striking the ball decent. But then everything falls apart when I'm trying to clear water. Had two concede several holes this tourney. Something I've never done. Did it because I didn't want to slam my clubs into the screen.

Back to work to fix things.

Comment

Tough track for sure. Driver is costing me a ton of strokes at the moment.. Water holes on TGC seem to always suck the ball right for me. Oh well there's always next tourney to put it back together!

Comment

Lots of fun on my first tourney. Had it going on most holes, but a couple bad chips and putts that cost me big time. Can't wait till next week.

Comment

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to the tour Mike. Try to get in a few practice rounds before the next event. It's helpful to go around the track at least once before playing the tournament round. You picked a tough track to join in on. The next course is a little easier.

• 4rightmike
              4rightmike commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mate. It was a learning experience for sure. I didn't find the course to bad, just going to take a little while longer to get use to putting and chipping. Actually have improved significantly since the first couple rounds I played. I seem to have a bit of an issue with the whole CCE mat / putting thing. Last round of the tourney I just played super aggressive and it cost a bunch of stroke that I wasn't to worried about at that point in time.
              Just got my supertex screen mounted and projector with be done soon, so hope it gives better visuals once I have it up and running. Addicted!

Sadly..... no round in the 60's for me. It's a tough course even though it is not long. My last round of 74.....I was not happy with at all. Rather than go into the details of my poor shots this afternoon, I am going to choose to look on the bright side of things. Yeah, the bunkers had magnets in them and I couldn't sink a putt to save my life. The bright side is that I must be improving. 8 months ago I would have been very happy with a 74 on a course with this much water. 18 months ago, I would have been printing out my scorecard and framing it. Today I was disappointed but still satisfied with how I handled the poor shots and all of that sand. Our golf sims are a great tool to help us improve our game. The tour provides some added fun, competition and a great gauge for improvement. Plus we are entertained by great shots like the one from Tkotts. It's a great day when we hit milestones. V V recently had a tour round of 60. I think it was Bnorman58 that had his first round in the 60's recently. Today was no milestone for me but it was still better than anything else I could think of doing on a Saturday afternoon.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
              DirtyGarry24 commented
              Editing a comment
              Even par for the tourney is very solid. A course like this sure makes you respect the guys on TV.

Was watching Kevin Kisner hit laser drive one after the other earlier today and thinking that's just like keither does it, except his weren't carrying 290+.

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              On my hockey team..... I think that I am the 3rd or 4th longest hitter. One guy that out drives me quite often is 160 pounds. The rest of us are big boys.

• DirtyGarry24
              DirtyGarry24 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's crazy, you hockey guys must develop a better motion.

Amen Keither. I have thought the same. Last summer I was thrilled when I broke 80. I have a few rounds in the 70's irl but it is becoming common for me now in sim. Every time I hit a stupid shot in sim or get a bad break, I have to keep telling myself I can't complain because I always have a perfect lie. putting is still a challenge, to be more exact, reading the greens, even with the graphical help. The thing that has really helped me is learning pitching distances on the sim. A lot of times I am better off pitching from 15 yards that putting from 45 feet. My 69 on the practice round is the first time I have even broken par. i was 4 under going into 17 and doubled 17. Was thinking oh well, at least I will break par and then birdied 18 for 69. Took a pic of the scorecard and sent my brother and son. I know its just sim but I have no doubt this will be an amazing summer irl. If nothing else, I think I will be able to handle success and adversity in my real game better thanks to sim.

Comment

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              That is awesome. I have also taken pictures of scorecards in the past.

• DirtyGarry24
              DirtyGarry24 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's an awesome story Bnorman. Eventually you'll be pissed off for not shooting all 3 rounds under par. That's how this silly game works. Sometimes you have to take a step back and say, I'm playing better and the hard work is paying off. Pat yourself on the back, this game can be cruel at times.

Love this game more everyday. Shhh, don't let the wife hear...

• keither5150
              keither5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you say you birdied 18 at Bay Hill? If so, that is impressive. As much fun as I have playing..... I still spend a lot of time practicing...even putting. I have a brother that beat me every time we played last year. The last time we played I was a 4 handicap on TGC and now I am a -3.5 so hopefully I can give him a better game this year. I read other people's posts about their improvement and it helps motivate me to practice and not just play......

Yes, birdied 18, thats what made it so sweet. At that point I was pin seekng which at 18 was dumb but I figured worst case bogey 71. Got lucky but executed a shot. Today was a great case in point though for what sim brings to me. Horrible start, 7 over after 5. I finished 7 over so even after. Before I would have shot 90 if I was lucky. I knew I was out of contention but I'll be damned if I was going to embarrass myself in front of you guys

Comment

This course plays very hard and its difficulty is tricky. Yes you have to negotiate the water but also the pin positions are all very difficult. If you lay up to the big part of the green, you get a big breaking putt that will not stay on the green. This is one of the courses that you play with the "guy" that thinks he is great but it will punish the rookie. If you practice it a lot , it would be much easier to play. I vote to keep this one in the rotation next year. I like it but it killed me at +50 for 3 rounds. Of course I put 3 or 4 in the water on 18 in round two to wipe out any chance of respectability.

Comment

Round 2 was slightly less ugly than round 1. I got my longest drive in the game so far, but it was ugly. 230 carry and another 90 yards bouncing down the cart path. Pretty much how I do it in real life!

Comment

I just Tin Cupped #18 on the third round but didn't make the last ball! ouch
                  My Courses: all are LiDAR
                  Wilkshire LiDAR
                  Glenmoor
                  Brookside LiDAR
                  Shady Hollow CC​

Comment

Had a real good chance to beat Keither for the gross round, but found the water on 16 or 17 (par 3). Bummer. Managed to put up a decent number in the final round despite a triple and a double. Fun tourney week nonetheless.

Nice tourney kchogan !!!

Comment

Congrats to Kchogan...... Nice shooting. Gary..... I can't believe that nobody shot under par. That is a tough course when that happens.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                        DirtyGarry24 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks keither. Really enjoyed the course. There are some gettable holes and I made plenty of birdies this week. Too many "others" though. I need to go see what I shot on the front vs. the back. I struggled on the front 9 for sure.

• DirtyGarry24
                        DirtyGarry24 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep, just went and checked. As expected, +10 front 9 for the week. -8 back 9 for the week. WOW! I'll definitely be spending some 9 hole practice rounds on the front 9 at bay hill.
                    Working...
                    X