Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Masters Tournament

TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Magnolia National 2016 (ProTee 6356 yd)

Masters Tournament

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Masters Tournament runs from TODAY - April 9.

Purse: $12,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Didn't score as well as I feel like I should have in either round but great course.
      Had to take rewind in my second round but otherwise things went well. TGC seems to be running more smoothly the past couple weeks.
      Going to be tough to beat the 18 handicapper this week
      Last edited by Brandon; 04-03-2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• DukeJF
        DukeJF commented
        Editing a comment
        Just this week?

That 18.7 handicap will probably turn into about a 13.5 after tomorrow update. Probably change the -16 into a -1 or so...

Comment

• mikeingp
        mikeingp commented
        Editing a comment
        At least it feels like there's a slim chance now...-10 over 3 rounds might be in the cards -16 wasn't.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to come up with a 14 under on my last round to tie...... We are looking at changing the requirement for a tour handicap to a minimum 10 rounds from the current 5.

That may help.

• BlechBOX
        BlechBOX commented
        Editing a comment
        At this point I don't even look at the net leaderboard. I have zero channce to win and I'm sure a lot of people feel that way. If I play out of my mind I can get in the top 15 and then I have even less of a shot the following week. I don't want to present issues without solutions but I cannot think of anything solid. Maybe set a limit so that you cannot have a + handicap because the net winner is always more under par than the gross winner yet the gross winners are still giving shots back. I don't know. Having said that, this tour is awesome and I'm super happy to be apart of it.

I really love this golf course. It's just a whole lot of fun and it tells you the shot to hit most of the time. Can you answer the call? Most of the time a no for me. I like the flatness to the greens when/if you get it in the spots though. Couldn't imagine playing IRL, but this is most likely the closest I'll ever get. Hell I'm closer than I was a year ago...

Comment

• Bnorman58
        Bnorman58 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, Thursday and Friday

• DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool mthunt! Jealous.

Keither, doesn't it take more than a bag full of money to play there? Maybe you mean just watching the tourney? Is it outrageous to attend the tourney?
        Last edited by DirtyGarry24; 04-05-2017, 01:56 AM.

• keither5150
        keither5150 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would love to play there IRL. That course and Pebble Beach. Whistling straits..... to name a few.

Why don't we have a par 3 tournament on the masters par 3? Is that something that can be thrown together quickly? It doesn't have to be for the fake prize money (which i don't come close to winning anyway). It would be a fund event to see how everyone does. I personally haven't come close to breaking par because those greens are hard and the elevation change always get me.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        In for the par 3 contest, sounds cool. I gotta go play that course if I find the time this week.

Played your first round ghost this afternoon, had you for a bit, untill you went -3 for the last 3! Nice! Great 65 round 2...

• BlechBOX
        BlechBOX commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't like playing my rounds so early in the week because I love playing the ghosts of you tkotts, keither, and whoever is leading. Tkotts 59 was nuts to watch.

• mmlincon
        mmlincon commented
        Editing a comment
        Go play Q School again and you'll have a shot at net LMAO Nice round Tkotts

Went out and played nine IRL today, finished 5 under on a course i've not sniffed subpar ever. Wow. For whatever reason, my feel of the break on putts was incredible... was actually visualizing the lines ha.

Came home thinking I better get in one of my 18... another sub 60 was in the making but I just couldn't get the ball to the hole on 16-18 to get it done. I'm going for a net win this week!!!

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
        DirtyGarry24 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice tkotts! Taking it to the grass as well, awesome stuff. Can go low on Augusta at this length if you get your distances right. Looking to break 65 this week if I can quit choking on a third of the holes. Tear it up brother!!!

• BlechBOX
        BlechBOX commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol net win. Good luck.

• DukeJF
        DukeJF commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell of a round!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170404_175802_1491354185197.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	114010

Just had my lowest score ever on TGC with an 88! Fudge yeah!!! Driver came back finally!!!!
      Last edited by Sledge0001; 04-05-2017, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Sledge0001
        Sledge0001 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah man. Feels incredible and I have to say I love playing on the tour. I hope they don't change the rules to exclude high handicappers since it's rounds like this that inspire me to play better and better.

• Bnorman58
        Bnorman58 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great round! Nobody is trying to exclude high handicappers. You play to your handicap and played a little better than that this week. Great job. What we are trying to work on is a person that is not really a 20 handicapper but is shooting high scores getting used to sim golf and then coming out and shooting a 75 after 5 rounds in the mid 90s to get on tour. Your -9 is a good score and everybody can achieve that net. Good luck.

• StanMI
        StanMI commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats Sledge.... I had to same kind of round a few weeks ago.... made me feel like maybe I can really play this game.......didn't last long, reality kicked my but !! LOL

The pressure of the masters got to me but it was a lot of fun. I wish my game IRL was good enough to be disappointed with an even par round. I'm rooting for tkotts to take the net win.

Comment

Originally posted by tkotts View Post
        Went out and played nine IRL today, finished 5 under on a course i've not sniffed subpar ever. Wow. For whatever reason, my feel of the break on putts was incredible... was actually visualizing the lines ha.

Came home thinking I better get in one of my 18... another sub 60 was in the making but I just couldn't get the ball to the hole on 16-18 to get it done. I'm going for a net win this week!!!
        Way to go "T" thats what its all about, getting better at the real deal! The sim does help! Were you seeing grid lines out on the course with little streaks ripping across???

Comment

Played my first round Monday, and it went pretty well with the exception of a couple of holes that killed my score.

I've stopped using my driver and started using my 3 Wood. I've been hitting it straighter and as far, and in most cases further. Unfortunately I hit one super fat on a swing I still have no idea what I was doing and it snapped. So it's being sent back to TaylorMade and I've had to fallback to my Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood for the second round.

Fortunately it's working out as I bested my first round score.

I find it fun and challenging to try and shoot below my handicap. It puts pressure on me at the end of the rounds and makes it a bit more realistic.

Comment

Not my greatest rounds ever but I was smashing the driver today.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
              DirtyGarry24 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got a real big itch for that Epic driver right now. Messed up and hit one a couple of weeks ago. Only thing holding me back is that guy on my shoulder reminding me that my wife is gonna kick my ass if she finds out I payed $500 for a club. That spin rate is impressive though...

• inorkuo
              inorkuo commented
              Editing a comment
              monster drive. i want to be like you.

how do you feel about tgc vs gc2 vs real life carry with low spin like that? it's been discussed here before and the consensus was that the gc2 algorithm is too long for low spin drives. i suspect that tgc is also a little short with reality somewhere in between.

• Ryan5508
              Ryan5508 commented
              Editing a comment
              Its hard to say really.

My real life longest non cart path assisted drive is 327 yards(had a 404 with cart path once). I live in MI so there is not a ton of roll. Outside I can hit it over 300 and usually do about once per round on average. My average drive is more around 260-270 or 220 when I hit everything I see. I dont really see a huge difference in the TGC rounds then I would outside. It seems like occasionally a low hit may carry farther then intended but its rare and maybe 5-10 yards. Compared to other drivers I have hit on the GC2 its usually if I hit it farther outside I will do the same on the GC2. I notice more long carries on wedges then my driver to be honest. I am constantly hitting my 60deg 12 yards farther on the sim than outside.

What a pain, my HC has gone up 8 or 9 pts ever since I've been trying to incorporate more of a 'hip bump' into my downswing. When it works it produces really good results, but it has not been easy. For the love of golf or something.

Comment

• Jtangm04
              Jtangm04 commented
              Editing a comment
              That was the first thing my golf instructor made me work on this winter. Made a lot of dents into my garage door working on the new swing and had to add side netting to my setup. Thank God for the aftermarket skytrak cases bc I was getting real nervous about toeing it.

Originally posted by Joko View Post
            What a pain, my HC has gone up 8 or 9 pts ever since I've been trying to incorporate more of a 'hip bump' into my downswing. When it works it produces really good results, but it has not been easy. For the love of golf or something.
            You are probably like myself. You end up sliding instead of doing what you intend to do. I worked on it for years and was always inconsistent. Some days so bad I can barely hit a ball with a wood/driver. Started focusing more on takeaway this year and its kind of fixing everything thing else after without thinking about it.

Comment

Well, all good things must come to an end. My first two rounds were awesome. I was only +9 going into 16 in round three, which is good for me. Then all of a sudden I couldn't hit my 8 iron sold and threw three into the water.

Ugh. Oh well. I'm seeing improvement and that's what matters.

Comment

Working...
              X