Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2017 Spring Tour - The Players Championship

TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at TPC Sawgrass (Sunday Edition)

Players Championship

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Players Championship runs from TODAY - May 14.

Purse: $9,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

Finished up my third. Ugh. Horrible. Not a fan of this course at all. Had a beauty of a high lobbing shot that landed near the pin, ended up with a 38 yard chip....

Glad this course is done.

Comment

Really really really sucked this week. Almost felt my handicap increase with every swing. Wasn't even trying the last 18 and just experimenting with my swing.
      My courses:
      Aldeen
      Butler National
      Cantigny
      Canyata
      Cog Hill #4
      Harbor Shores
      Harborside
      Naperville Country Club
      Prairie Landing
      Rich Harvest Farms
      Ruffled Feathers
      Shoreacres

Comment

Congrats to keither and blechbox for the good scores this week on this golf course.

Not sure I've been this frustrated since playing on the online tour. I simply don't have the game or patience to play this course. Finally broke 80 in the last round with a bad case of the IDGAF's. Good riddance, on to next week...

Comment

• BlechBOX
          BlechBOX commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Gary. I watched all your rounds and you hit some great shots but your driver seemed a a lot more haywire than your other rounds I watched.

• DirtyGarry24
          DirtyGarry24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, that's putting it nicely Blech. I sprayed it all over the lot. Definitely need to dial it back down a bit with the driver. Also, I need to be able to make a few putts a round to compete and couldn't make ish on those greens. You played a phenomenal tournament, congrats on both the gross and net wins! Very impressive scores on that course.

could have sworn I've played a version where the 17th actually looks like real life? This is the video game version I'm guessing

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          You are right. The Protee version is very accurate. It's much shorter at 6300. We should maybe send the designer a message requesting a 6500-6700 ProTee version.

• BadEddieKit
          BadEddieKit commented
          Editing a comment
          Search "TPC at Sawgrass" and youll see pins a-d. That version is accurate with google earth, and has the new course updates.

Yeah, that was extremely frustrating...glad I'm done. I had something really weird happen to me on the 9th hole of round 2. I had a 39 footer, hit the putt and as it slowed past the hole I thought it was maybe good for a gimme, turned and put my putter down. When I turned back around I was staring at the same shot...I hit esc to open the menu and the auto-rewind was turned on. I have no idea how that could have happen as I hadn't been in the menu screen at any point during the round. Anyone ever have this happen to them? Is there a shortcut key for auto-rewind that I might have accidentally pressed when aiming my putt? Was already frustrated by the round, and an unintentional rewind made things even worse.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
          DirtyGarry24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Letter key "r" will turn on auto rewind.

• mikeingp
          mikeingp commented
          Editing a comment
          Good to know, thanks Gary.

Sorry for the tough course this week. I don't think that anyone of us tested this version of Sawgrass. We may have assumed that this was the same as the ProTee version but longer. It was not. These greens were crazy tough. I think that I averaged 4 to 8 more putts per round.

Our procedure for testing goes like this....... We divide the courses up between the 3 of us. We use Google and YouTube to verify the accuracy of a course. If we haven't played the course before, I usually play at least 9 holes to make sure it is okay. Many times we are limited to our selection. For example ..... KPC beta is the only choice for Kapalua Bay Plantation course. At 7400 yards it is a beast, but it is so accurate that anyone who has played this course IRL will absolutely love it regardless of the length.

Close to 1/2 of the time, there is not a suitable version for us to play. Special thanks to guys like Rsuslow that takes it upon himself to create an accurate version of an upcoming event. As time goes on and the tour gets bigger, we will have more selection when choosing courses.

The schedule is now posted all the way to Sept. Everyone is welcomed to test courses ahead of time. Perhaps if I tested this one a few weeks ago, I may have suggested to go to the ProTee version.

So I think it is fair to say that this version is put on the " Do not play list".

Comment

• rsuslow
          rsuslow commented
          Editing a comment
          Given enough time, I'm always happy to create a course we do not have that is scheduled to be on the tour.

I use the trace method for recreations to get it as accurate as possible, and I can do it at multiple lengths so a decision can be made at the length testers feel would satisfy the majority.

• BlechBOX
          BlechBOX commented
          Editing a comment
          Keither, I appreciate the time this take and agree accuracy should be the number 1 goal. I thought the course was punishing as I had a double and a triple but everyone is playing the same course and it is nice to have a longer one every once in a while. Nice playing.

I finished one round and have to withdraw. I had a number of technical issues, drives that felt good hooking 50 yards (into water). A shot off the tee that went 3 feet. A number of no-reads. Not sure what was going on.

Very tough course as well...just dont have the energy to play 2 more rounds of that beast today!

I built a new PC this weekend, and transferred TGC to it. Finished the last few holes of round 1 today on the new PC, no issues at all. And running silky smooth on the new hardware (Intel 7700k, nvidia 1070)

Hopefully will be able to play next weeks event. I have been taking it easy due to back pain, my swing just doesnt feel normal lately since my back started bothering me. Getting old sucks.

Comment

Working...
        X