X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC Tour RULES AND GUIDELINES

Purpose
    To offer an online league format that facilitates all that we enjoy about playing the Sport of Golf. To make Tournament settings on each round that compare to PGA standards.

Integrity
    Golf is a sport of honesty, all players are expected not to treat this like a game but treat it as if you were actually participating in live Events. Please do not cheat or manipulate the Game to give yourself and advantage. We encourage play with other online players but one can play by themselves or with a ghost ball. Scores get automatically added via TGC API so no need to enter scores. Mulligans are allowed only if there is a miss read or hardware/game error. Multiple simulator platforms will be in play.

TGC Tour welcome to all TGC players. No need to sign up, just play in the posted events. Tour Schedule is found in the online play section http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...or/online-play

Handicap
    We suggest playing Q School so you can establish a handicap. http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...-2017-q-school
    If you don't have a handicap then you will be placed at 0 until a handicap is established.
    Tour events results can be found here http://golfsimulatortours.com and on the individual tournament threads on this forum.

How to Play
    The TGC tour allows tournament play by yourself, online with others using TeamSpeak http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...teamspeak-info or playing with Ghost players. We understand that some online players may have time restrictions so we suggest you play with the method that suits you best.

Tour Account
    Before playing a tour you must create a tour account on http://golfsimulatortours.com . We strongly suggest to keep your tour account name, screen name and forum name the same.

Mulligans
    Mulligans are permitted for shots that are a misread or phantom shots depending on the hardware. Please be honest to yourself and the rest of the Tour members when taking a mulligan.

Helpful Info
    TGC manual
    http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...anual-plus-q-a

TGC Online play and Adding Friends

Tour events results can be found here http://myonlinegolftour.com/

TGC Tour Committee
    The TGC tour committee is championed by co commissioners mthunt and keither5150 and the various committee members. The committee is responsible for league play including course selection, Ryder Cup play, player representation as well as any conflict resolution.

Welcome To TGC Tour and Have Fun!

Great to know, thanks for the info.......several things in here I did not know.

Comment

OP updated with new links to tour Q-School and tour site.

Comment

are the green speeds and firmness a standard setting or are they up to the player? I just noticed them on the interface.

Comment

Originally posted by DougieMn View Post
          are the green speeds and firmness a standard setting or are they up to the player? I just noticed them on the interface.
          Up to the player
          My Courses:
          World Par 3's by mthunt
          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
          Weston G&CC by mthunt
          London Hunt Club L mthunt
          Park CC Lidar mthunt
          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
          The National GC L mthunt
          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
          Markland Woods CC mthunt
          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
          Magna GC L mthunt
          Barrie CC L mthunt
          mthunt Range

Comment

• gerem1
            gerem1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Should the green speed and firmness not be locked for the tour to make it equal for everyone?? Would be nice to see them change from week to week to make it more like the tour. Just a thought.

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            Not possible with this software.

Is there an issue with the golfsimulatortours.com website? I'm trying to create an account and I get directed back to golfsimulatorforum when I hit the Join the Tour or Join the Tour Today buttons... Thanks!!!!

Comment

If you are registered here, you don't have to register there...... There is for players who are not registered here....so it directs you to here. Only one registration is needed.

Comment

Just looking for some clarification on the tour. Is playing solo allowed? I read one set of rules that states you must play online with a live person and I read another set that says you can play solo with shot recording. Which is it? I'm pretty sure I know the answer...just want to be on the right page if I decide to join.
              Last edited by Diablo25; 02-11-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

You can play by yourself with shot recording on. I don't know that I could play otherwise as I am on call at my job most of the time and need to get rounds in when time allows and it would be very difficult to set something up. Not to mention the extra time to play with 2 or more. I am sure others are in my boat also.

Comment

Originally posted by Diablo25 View Post
                  Just looking for some clarification on the tour. Is playing solo allowed? I read one set of rules that states you must play online with a live person and I read another set that says you can play solo with shot recording. Which is it? I'm pretty sure I know the answer...just want to be on the right page if I decide to join.
                  To answer your question with the first tour we had, you had to play with someone live. Now, with the current tour, that is no longer a rule. I prefer to play alone as well. I actually get into a better rhythm.
                  My Courses:
                  World Par 3's by mthunt
                  Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                  Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                  Weston G&CC by mthunt
                  London Hunt Club L mthunt
                  Park CC Lidar mthunt
                  Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                  Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                  Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                  Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                  The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                  The National GC L mthunt
                  Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                  Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                  Markland Woods CC mthunt
                  Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                  Magna GC L mthunt
                  Barrie CC L mthunt
                  mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

To answer your question with the first tour we had, you had to play with someone live. Now, with the current tour, that is no longer a rule. I prefer to play alone as well. I actually get into a better rhythm.
                    Thanks for the response! I'm gonna hot the Q School tomorrow and try and get into some events soon. Looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

• keither5150
                      keither5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Welcome to the tour..... I find it quite addicting. I play a few practice rounds.... take mental note of how to play certain holes and then hit a few on the beach ...... The tour brings TGC to a whole other level.

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Keither goes a little extreme but I think he's ranked #1 so maybe he's on to something. Lol. Just so you know Keither and I are tour commissioners. Welcome. Have fun. Some guys like to play together.

• leoapd
                      leoapd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So how do I sign-up for the TGC tour and tournaments? I know I can access tournaments via TGC itself, but should i be listed as a tour member somewhere with the nickname I have here?

Any chance I can get some help. I created my forum profile before I knew I needed to have the same username as TGC nickname. Any help will be great.

Comment

• mthunt
                      mthunt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It doesn’t have to be the same but if you want it to create a new forum account.

Just back at sim golf, could someone give me a refresher on adjustments for sand and rough etc, and also where to turn shot recording on?

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                      Wizard of Coz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Heavy rough 14% light rough 7%
                      Sand outside 40yds 7% inside 40yards 40%
                      That's how i play it

Where do I set these? I use a GC2.

Comment

Im not followingyou? You don't set them. If im 100 yards out and in thick rough I play it for 114 yards light rough 107.

Comment

• Cklguy2013
                        Cklguy2013 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok gotcha, it's already accounted for in TGC2019. One other question, I had shot recording on in TGC, but now that I've updated to TGC2019 they don't seem to be recorded anymore.

• Wizard of Coz
                        Wizard of Coz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If shot recording is on your good. Im sure it's a work in progress.

• Jwheels9876
                        Jwheels9876 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        In other words, it doesn't work in TGC2019 yet.
                    Working...
                    X