Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @FirGir and @Lgnir winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Zurich Classic of New Orleans with 2 rounds at The Olympic Club (Lake Course) ProTee: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...of-new-orleans
See more
See less

TGC Tour Handicap Calculation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FaultyClubs View Post

I'm not disagreeing since you have good points, but real life scoring is strongly affected by the short game and putting, both I find significantly harder on a SIM. Especially when switching regularly between SIM and real golf. I don't know the answer but to me it isn't a given that SIM handicaps *should* be 2-4 shots better than IRL. If they were the same it wouldn't be obviously wrong IMO.
    I'm just curious but what platform do you use? I think it's ProTee sensors isn't it?

Comment

i haven't played IRL in 4 years. When I played regularly, I was a 12, down to 10.5 at one point, but it was all on a very flat muni and I believe I played to more like a 15.

Along these lines, I would love to have a couple of feature in future releases.

- Option to turn off the built-in penalty system. I have FW, first cut & rough surfaces that I can hit from in my simulator, but that would be double-jeopardy with the built-in penalties already in place. This is for non-tour play of course.

- Option to declare an HC round, with the round being tracked on the player profile page. The second part of this one could be moot if the next release supports multiple tee boxes and the HC system & course ratings get somehow fixed to something more realistic. If so, the TGC HC's might become useful. But, I would still like to declare HC rounds vs. practice rounds. I get the feeling it would work better if the rounds where tracked here under the tour HC system though.

Comment

Some interesting numbers to consider when we get to course ratings.

Par, Yards, top 10%, Median, Mean, bottom 10%

NGLA 72, 6,514, 70.6, 81.0, 82.5, 102.5
        Oceanic Athletic Club 72, 6,777, 70.8, 83.0, 84.7, 105.2
        Last edited by Cklguy2013; 10-25-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X