Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Genghis winning the TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The John Deer Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The Open Championship with 3 rounds at Royal Birkdale 2016 (Saturday Clear) : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...n-championship
See more
See less

TGC 2016/2017 TOUR Schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2016/2017 TOUR Schedule

RULES AND GUIDELINES

Purpose
    To offer an online league format that facilitates all that we enjoy about playing the Sport of Golf. To make Tournament settings on each round that compare to PGA standards.

Integrity
    Golf is a sport of honesty, all players are expected not to treat this like a game but treat it as if you were actually participating in live Events. Please do not cheat or manipulate the Game to give yourself and advantage. We encourage play with other online players but one can play by themselves or with a ghost ball. Scores get automatically added via TGC API so no need to enter scores. Mulligans are allowed only if there is a miss read or hardware/game error. Multiple simulator platforms will be in play.

http://www.protee-united.com
    TGC tours: http://golfsimulatortours.com

I'm looking forward to playing on this tour this year it should be fun.

Comment

Does this mean ONLY simulators like skytrak are allowed ??? So no gamepads , keyboards ... etc
      because that just wouldn't be fair

and how can you guys regulate that, if so ??? Can you guys see the input?

myself will be playing with skytrak 😊

regards

Comment

Yes, only simulators. Real clubs and real balls. No gamepads, keyboards and consoles.

Comment

I have my sim somewhat setup (I have a net, mat and computer I can setup on my patio for now). It will not be complete until November when we move to another house. The tour sounds like a blast and I have couple questions:

1) Is there anything required before playing in the Tour? For example, establishing a handicap.

2) Is it important to play in the first couple tournaments or can I join up in November when I have a more permanent setup?

This looks like a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
            I have my sim somewhat setup (I have a net, mat and computer I can setup on my patio for now). It will not be complete until November when we move to another house. The tour sounds like a blast and I have couple questions:

1) Is there anything required before playing in the Tour? For example, establishing a handicap.

2) Is it important to play in the first couple tournaments or can I join up in November when I have a more permanent setup?

This looks like a lot of fun.
            Stingreye Yes, you should secure a handicap first. TGC had setup a multi-course tour to get a handicap last year. I imagine they'll either ask you to use the same tour, or they'll create a new one. You can start whenever you can and play as often or as little as you want to. Good luck with moving and the new golf digs!

Comment

This looks like fun. Can't wait to properly set up the sim room

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

You can get your handicap by playing the Protee Q school 2016b under tours...... not in tournaments. I think that it's 5 rounds on 5 different courses to establish your handicap. Other wise you will be starting at 0 and it will take a few events for your handicap to be accurate.

Comment

Looking fwd to it⛳️

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                    You can get your handicap by playing the Protee Q school 2016b under tours...... not in tournaments. I think that it's 5 rounds on 5 different courses to establish your handicap. Other wise you will be starting at 0 and it will take a few events for your handicap to be accurate.
                    I think that has changed. You play in 5 tourenments to get your handicap...

Comment

• ProTee United
                      ProTee United commented
                      Editing a comment

• keither5150
                      keither5150 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hmmmm, looks like you are right. I thought that Q school was still active. I guess new players are entered as scratch until they play a round. The more rounds you play the more accurate your handicap will be. It looks like handicaps are based on as little as 1 round. Differential comes into play after a minimum of 5 rounds.

Can multiple players compete on the tour via one simulator at the same time? Basically 2 players playing together throughout the tour.

Comment

• Thinman
                      Thinman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are there any plans to change this? It does not appear to conflict with licensing since there is not concurrent usage and it seems like not only something that would make the user base extremely happy, but would also fuel sales by exposing more potential customers to the addicti....errr....product.

low hanging fruit for sure.

• ProTee United
                      ProTee United commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We are looking into this... On the other hand, the perfect time for the one who can't play the tour to buy his own sim and join us!

• jsuzore
                      jsuzore commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Any chance that it will be possible later this year?
                      Last edited by jsuzore; 09-29-2016, 06:04 PM.

Can't wait to start and play this entire season and see where I land!

Comment

KPC Beta is a beast 7400yds. Many 500+ yd par 4's, 660 yd par 5. Even playing 100' downhill they are long.

Comment

• keither5150
                        keither5150 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, however, it is very accurate and I don't think that there is an alternative at this time. Hopefully there will be a 6700-6800 yard version soon.

If there is a course that needs to be replaced for something else let us know...

Comment

It's been a while since i've played it, but from what I remember, KPC is quite accurate.

How difficult is it to drop in another set of tees to play this in the 6500 range? I've never designed anything so I don't know how much work it takes. It would be great to modify this one for a protee version at a shorter length.

Comment

Working...
                        X