Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @strider33 winning the TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Tournament of Champions!

Join this weeks TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Sony Open Hawaii with 2 rounds at The Baltasar, Spingfiled NJ, Baltasar Tees 6652yds : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...ny-open-hawaii
See more
See less

TGC 2016/2017 TOUR Schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am excited about Oakland Hills.. played there last year.. walked it this year at the US Am..

Comment

was there ever a change decided on for KPC Beta? that course is pretty unfun

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Especially when you can't reach the first fairway off the tee. Ugh life of the short hitter. I hope they can get a medium length version very soon.

Currently there is no shorter version. I have only played a couple of holes but the recreation seems to be very accurate. I played both Kapalua courses in the 90's but not from the tips. I recently checked for a shorter version but couldn't find one.

Comment

Agreed, it was spot on from what I remember playing

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is awesome when we are playing a great recreation at the same time as the pros. You can really appreciate how accurate their approach shots are compared to us. Kapalua Bay is an accurate recreation with exception of the trees..... too much overhang into the fairways. But elevation and bunkers were perfect. Except that there is no lava feature in the course designer..... I think that hole 4 had a ton of lava on the right of the dogleg. Both courses are great and a must play if anyone ever goes to Maui. I know that it is too long for the average player but we are trying to please everyone with our course selections. We did a poll a while back and accuracy was more important than playable distance. Certainly if a 6500 yard KPC comes out, we would be retiring this long version.

Originally posted by wbond View Post
        KPC Beta is a beast 7400yds. Many 500+ yd par 4's, 660 yd par 5. Even playing 100' downhill they are long.
        THIS needs replacing especially if WBond thinks so ! !!

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh boy. Sounds fun.

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          ????? Don't understand post but Whatever
          Last edited by wbond; 12-31-2016, 10:10 PM.

Just figured that if you thought it was long, I am in trouble on that course........................

Comment

• wbond
          wbond commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok gotcha wasn't sure exactly what you meant. It's going to be interesting that week for sure. It's an awesome course and really well done. Would be a great one to get modified for a protee version.

Mr Palmer is going to make some cry next week. Damn, such a tough and awesome track. 18 holes of postage stamps. Sharpen the grooves for some flop shots next week....every miss is a short side here

Comment

Originally posted by Thinman View Post
          Mr Palmer is going to make some cry next week. Damn, such a tough and awesome track. 18 holes of postage stamps. Sharpen the grooves for some flop shots next week....every miss is a short side here
          That course is actually not bad. We've used it before

Comment

• Wyzyguy
            Wyzyguy commented
            Editing a comment
            We played PGA West last night as a group.. it wasn't pretty...
        Working...
        X