ID:	97763

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Careerbuilder Challenge runs from TODAY - January 22.

Purse: $6,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
    Tags: online play, tgc tour, the golf club simulator

Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
    Well I'm not sure I have every pklayed a more unenjoyable round of golf in my entire life real or sim. That was PATHETIC! I probably beat that dudes record in the Bahamas of losing 38 golf balls and the wind wasn't even freaking blowing. That SUCKED! I can't make up my mind if I should just play round two and get it over with or move on to the JNPG tournaments and forget about this one for a while. I had a couple of really good drives and drained a 28 yard chip shot for a double bogey. How about that.

Is it me or does holes 14-17 feel like we are shooting at the same green just from different angles?

Really wasn't that bad after 9 holes. I think I was +3. Back side blows chunks!
    It is a rough one... that canal is evil.... shake it off ... play round 2 and never play here again... lol... I wasn't gonna play this one but I want my points and $$$$.. there are some big scores ...

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Christmas 2015.... we had a Santa challenge. I shot a 92 and considered faking an injury and not playing the second round. I finished it for the points..... 20 points.

• MainStGolf
      MainStGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      There must be a stroke limit on holes yes??? I know my 12 had to have been more than that, because I had a Tin Cup moment. I think I put four drives in the water and hit my approach shot in the water. Then my biggest flaw started showing up and that's that dead space between my ears. Worse case of the mental midgets today. I'm pretty sure I'm going to leave the driver in the bag on several holes and pull out the Callaway mini driver.

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      after 7 over par.... John tells you to pick up your ball.

I played a practice round last night. Tough course. Shot 82 with a couple of rewinds on goofy shots and shots that I just wanted to try again. Scores are going to be higher and nobody should be ashamed. Normally I would be ashamed of 82, but you have to consider the track. This course has it all. It's long, has water everywhere, and greens no bigger than my dictionary. Chin up boys...

Comment

Well I played my first round and I officially hate the course, ha. Tough one for sure and I'm not sure I could have hit the ball much worse. Not the right place to battle a hook the whole round. Hope things go better in round 2

Comment

Well I had very little in the way of expectations for round 2. However, I started playing REALLY well. Birdied the first hole and had a shot at birdie on the second and third I believe. I think I was +2 on the turn. Avoided disaster on No. 10 unlike round 1. Picked up a couple of poor bogies. Then I was walking alongside the canal on the back side and the freaking shankopotamous reached out and took a chunk out of me.

The on-course emergency services folks patched me back up so I could continue, but the shankopotamous had already done its damage. Complete meltdown and finished +13. I tell you what when it's bad it's bad.

The one hole that ticked me off the most was the short par 3 that was -22 ft about 151 or so I can't remember. Both rounds I hit an 8 iron because on a flat lie IRL I would most often hit an 8 sometimes a 7 depending. So -22 ft one would think at 8 EASYILY makes that green. I don't know if the reading is off or what, but both times I hit those freaking rocks in front of the green. First time I got a decent bounce. Second round I bounced straight back. Duffed my chip and ended up right behind the rocks. So, I tried to be cute and bounce one off the rock wall back toward the green but NOOOOOOOO I had to hit the stupid rock pile AGAIN and bounced backwards to where I started.

GOOD RIDDANCE YOU PIECE OF CRAP GOLF COURSE!

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
          DirtyGarry24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol! Mainst, we've all been there before and all you can do is shake your head, vent a little bit, and drink copious amounts of alcohol. Only a golfer can appreciate your venting.

All of this is only going to amp up my anxiety when and if I get the guts up to play a meaningful round. And that's why I love this deal!

• MainStGolf
          MainStGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what is so stinking frustrating. It's really not that bad of a course. It's easy scoreable, just look at Keith's two rounds. But it definitely punishes you if you don't concentrate. There is no room for mental let downs. I didn't mind the greens at all.

It will not hurt my feelings if we don't play this course again, but not because it was difficult or unplayable, but I honestly felt like the last 3-4 holes before you get to 18 are the same exact holes. When I first played the practice round I even made mention of how this looked like something we just played on the previous hole :-).

It definitely wasn't the course, it was ALL me and my mental midget self.

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not sure if we will be using this course in the rotation unless the pros are playing it. And even then, we will choose the shortest version possible. For the average golfer here, it is very difficult. When I first started playing tour events, I was averaging about +20 for the event. This course would have added about 10-15 strokes to that back then. @Mainstreet.... you are right about the mental part. Hole 14..... I made the same mistake on both rounds.... just because I can hit it that far doesn't mean that I should... for my second shot. Every time I see that hole , I have a tin cup breakdown. The green is tucked away, protected by water, and about the size of my driveway..... And I can't resist from 220 yards out.

I'm on a work trip in Australia right now so i won't be able to Play this week, however i will Play this course as soon as I get back. With all these Posts here I can't wait to get punished lol. I find the one puddle of water on a dry course so we will see if I ever make it out of the water on this one hahahahaha

Comment

Had these past 4 days off. Lost my driver swing exactly 20 holes into the vacation. Went from a nice subtle draw rolling out to 240...back to my banana ball. Rest of the clubs followed to the point that I am punching 20 yard chip shots 45* right. it's pretty funny to watch. Was playing best I've played up till then. Tossed up a couple 71's and was just overall really happy with life.

then poof.

lol, stupid golf.

told myself last night i was not going to play again till thursday. it's 3:00pm and all I can think about is getting 18 in tonight.

stoooopid stoooopid game.

Comment

• MainStGolf
            MainStGolf commented
            Editing a comment
            ROFLMBO . . . We must be swimming in the same golf pond :-). I can't remember the last time I had the shanks on full wedge shots. Killed me in round two. My chips is usually where I get them not full shots, but chips for the most part were fine. STUPID game indeed! I'll play another 18 holes later waiting on my sports editor to get back from hoops games though :-).

I am not sure but I am beginning to think that golf is causing psychiatric issues. I thought that it was just me, but, I see that it is not just me.

And right now I can see the little guy on one shoulder telling me not to worry about this course, you can overcome. It is just the weak minded golfers that are complaining. Just go play it!!
          On the other shoulder is the guy saying. Be smart, don't do what they did and play the course. Rest your ribs. Skip the week and come back stronger next week.

Who do YOU listen to. If you are a golfer, you already know the answer.

BTW, I will post my thoughts after I play the first round.!!

Comment

LMAO I have done 4 rounds of practice on this until i tried to hook a shot on the 10th and took out my garage door rail and wrist with my driver, learning to golf in a wrist and thumb brace is a learning curve for sure, but i can say the simple courses do not get the humor i am reading on this weeks tournament from you guys this is great stuff and am now waiting for Boerdoc to come back in and give us an update
            Attached Files
            Last edited by aeroburner; 01-18-2017, 01:17 AM.

Comment

• Boerdoc
              Boerdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Ouch.. Why we do this does not make sense to non-golfers. Though I try to explain, They just do not get it.

• tlhammond5
              tlhammond5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh... That sucks! Hope it gets better quickly.

I tried two practice rounds on this course, and didn't finish either... Oh well I'm going in.... over under is 79.5, so place your bets... lol

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
              DirtyGarry24 commented
              Editing a comment
              Second the unplayable option. Played a little plinko myself in a practice round. While entertaining, it's devastating to your score.

• Cklguy2013
              Cklguy2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried to take an unplayable and it wouldn't let me drop.

• DirtyGarry24
              DirtyGarry24 commented
              Editing a comment
              I apologize Cklguy, I should have reread your comment. That's frustrating there.

Update haha Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1694.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	98190

Comment

• Cklguy2013
              Cklguy2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              It one thing to get our egos bruised, another to be bouncing golf balls off yourself! lol

Originally posted by aeroburner View Post
            Update haha [ATTACH=CONFIG]n98190[/ATTACH]
            Haha that's awesome, nothing stops the need to golf

Comment

After all the pain and suffering on the thread I got the IDGAF's last night and decided I needed to join in on the fun. It must have been the mental lapse that caused me to play pretty good. I actually had it at even par thru 15 (I believe). If I recall correctly number 16 is the super short par 3. I decided it was an easy gap wedge and proceeded to put that ball in the water. How is that possible? Back to reality...

I actually think this course would be much more enjoyable if the greens were maybe 30% bigger?

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice shooting...... agree on the 30% larger greens.

• Wyzyguy
                Wyzyguy commented
                Editing a comment
                I dunked one the short par 3 as well. From a 100 yards that is a crime. Mental lapse for sure

• DirtyGarry24
                DirtyGarry24 commented
                Editing a comment
                I kept it dry for far too long and subconsciously thought I better give one back to the golf gods. Stupid game.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

I had connection issues like I've never had. I haven't played in a couple months (back issue) and the last couple days I've lost sound during play twice and my SkyTrak laser dot disappeared twice during my attempt at a round today. The first time was around hole 4, I went to the menu and hit Exit Game. When I came back and hit Resume Game, it started me over at hole #1. The second time it disconnected, I tried playing around in settings hoping for some solution and when I came back out it said I hit a ball 0 yards and was on shot 2, but the laser was still gone. I exited out and my internet connection was gone for some reason and wouldn't reconnect. So I said screw it and shut it down. So much for my return to tournament play...

Comment

I was excited to play the round tonight until I read all the post here. I have been fighting a pull hook on the woods and a short slice on the irons so this course sounds like it will be my destruction. Can't wait to get home, have a few beers and yell no fn way at my screen

Comment

Ughhhhh, I was on my way to my best score ever in a tournament and then I made an 8 on a par 3 near the end..pulled a 7 iron when I hadn't done that once all round..then I hit one behind a rock and tried to hit another and it wouldn't get over the damn rock clusters... Overall happy with my score after reading about how brutal this course was...it sure is long though on some of those par 4's

Comment

Working...
                  X