ID:	97763

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The Careerbuilder Challenge runs from TODAY - January 22.

Purse: $6,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
    Tags: online play, tgc tour, the golf club simulator

Originally posted by RainCityMike View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My first tournament, apologies as I must have made a mistake with the shot recording, I'll correct the error before my 2nd round.

QQ - For the GC2 users, I had one missed shot in my round and it was a flop shot coming out of a high-faced bunker. Has anyone else noticed challenges with the GC2 capturing flop shots? Not sure if this shots could be played closer to the unit etc...I figure it is caused from the loft of the shot but wanted to see if this was a common error.

This response is more related to this comment on previous thread that 3.10D should solve:

The problem I'm having at the moment is with my Bluetooth connection. I often have shots that are captured by the GC2 but not transferred to the PC. I can usually correct this by disconnecting and reconnecting from GSX. When I reconnect the last shot is usually transferred to the PC and into TGC, but not always.

Hope this info helps!
    ANY GC2 USERS ON 3.10 or 3.10B SHOULD UPGRADE TO 3.10D ASAP.

It will solve the no launch issues where the GC2 reports ball data and TGC does not output it. aeroburner identified and resolved this bug with Protee one night. HUGE HUGE difference.

http://csc.protee-united.com/hc/en-u...-10d-available

If you are on an older than 3.10 version and have no troubles....I don't know what to tell you (I am a fan of if it aint broke don't fix it)
    Last edited by Stingreye; 01-18-2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Is this just for GC2 or TGC? As a GSA user, am I using the same interface or one from GSA?

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
        Is this just for GC2 or TGC? As a GSA user, am I using the same interface or one from GSA?
        This I think was exclusively a GC2 bug. If you get data in whatever GSA uses in place of GSX, and if it shows up in the Pro Tee Interface but the ball doesn't launch then it might be this bug. There is a log inside the protee window you can see. Look for "invalid launch code" or something like that. I thought it was only GC2 though. If your sensors are reading though and you get no ball launch, definitely get with Protee, they fixed this in one night with aeroburner late.

Comment

• keither5150
          keither5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          GSA users have the odd no launch. Maybe 1 in about 250-350 shots. Not really a big deal. Data is not sent to shot data and the stroke is not counted.

I don't know where to find this data either.

Thanks for your help.

• Stingreye
          Stingreye commented
          Editing a comment
          There is also a text log file that gets replaced each time you start the game back up. Look in the app data folder then Protee or Protee united. Find the text file and you can see what the system reported. Then send that log to Protee.

Let me know if oyu can't find it and I will track it down next time I am on. I think ProTee requested this log file not too long ago.

Here is the thread it showed up in and was fixed.
        This issue is relatively minor, but I'm posting in the hopes that there is a fix available. I haven't posed a ticket with Protee (who is excellent to deal with

Here is the error:
        Invalid launch code
        TGC data reveived: {"protocol":"PTSDK", "INFO":{"status":"201", "message":"Invalid launch code"}}

Comment

Well, I just played a practice round on this course. This was easy. The fairways are wide open, the water is not in play on very many holes and the greens are flat, receptive and large.

I just got up from a great nap and had a great dream...

I remember playing this last year. I actually played it well one round last year. It can eat you up. For me some of the par 4s around the water I just play as a par 5 so I do not have to carry 190 over water to a postage stamp green. The key for me is to eliminate the double bogey or worse. Take your bogies and move on. For me shooting 85 like I did today is a good score. 2 in the water. Driving was pretty good so that kept me ok. We will see how the rounds that count go.

Comment

Well, 3 straight in the drink on the 36th was a good way to finish up. Woops.

One rewind on a split ball. It was a Chrome Soft too that has only been hit for a couple rounds. Really like the 'soccer ball' truvis pattern and only tried them to see if the Skytrak would pick em up better, but I don't think it made a difference. Think I'm gonna try the Callaway super softs next just cus they're half the price and I'm splitting everything anyway.

Also, saw an article today that Costco is probably done making those Kirkland balls, too bad I didn't get to give them my money.
            ​​​​​​
            Good luck to everyone finishing up this B of a course!

Comment

• Ryan5508
              Ryan5508 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am glad I bought 8 dozen of the ksigs

• wbond
              wbond commented
              Editing a comment
              Your super softs will probably split quicker than the chrome soft. At least that's what i've experienced. The maxfli softfli split the fastest.

I saw that too :-(. Those were going to be the ones I played. Oh well. I'll use what I have and then back to the Snells!

Comment

From recollection, for several weeks now, I am seeing a delay after I hit the ball during tournament play. The delay could be more than 10-15 seconds and I almost did a re-hit a couple of times. It was particularly noticeable today, delay after every shot, but not any dropped shots the entire round. There was no delay just now a few hours later during normal play. (non-tournament) I am puzzled. Anybody else experiencing the delay? Thanks.

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                No delay here ....GSA system. The usual 1/2 second delay and I see no difference between tournament and non tournament.

• MainStGolf
                MainStGolf commented
                Editing a comment
                No long delays here either. SkyTrak user on WiFi.

• wbond
                wbond commented
                Editing a comment
                I had a shot last night that took like 10 seconds or more and I actually thought it was a mis-read until it launched. I chalk it up to wifi, kids downloading crap, server, software shot calculation etc. Then it went back to the 2-3 range after that.

a small sampling of my life this past week or so....

...only 1 water ball on my way to that 86. lolol, such a head case right now.

Comment

• keither5150
                keither5150 commented
                Editing a comment
                HA seems way off..... are you shanking those two shots? By looking at the data, I would guess that a rewind might be in order.... unless it is a shank. Sand shot looks normal.... but WTF happened on those other two. 20.9 HA might be a misread???? And sidespin of 4606 doesn't seem possible.

• DirtyGarry24
                DirtyGarry24 commented
                Editing a comment
                I wouldn't use the word that keither used, but that was my observation. Hopefully you can get that worked out thinman.

• Thinman
                Thinman commented
                Editing a comment
                those are valid shots. I'm deep in the muck. deep. i think i have a yet to be discovered injury. :/

i can't believe you used that word. ^_^

deep in muck might explain it. Sorry if I offended anyone. Which word? Shank? or WTF? WTH??? okay? I have a swearjar....

Comment

Originally posted by keither5150 View Post
                deep in muck might explain it. Sorry if I offended anyone. Which word? Shank? or WTF? WTH??? okay? I have a swearjar....
                lol, the S word. nobody cares about fkin swear words.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's the one! LOL!

ya please don't infect me with dirty f'ing words like the "S" word.....I'm going to be swearing at you when I meet el hosel this afternoon now!

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're like a virus, they just show up. Nobody can figure em out...

Last night it was the 15th that chewed me up and spit me out, today it was the 5th hole that I sunk 2 balls into the drink on. Brutal..... Good riddance to this beast..

Comment

• bk1106
                  bk1106 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  15th is the beast of the course, simply no where to hide. Couldn't agree with you more.

Well I thought I would be able to join the tour this past week with my new gc2 but I am still waiting for it. Could be 3 more weeks apparently before they even ship it.

I tried to throw the protee back into the sim room and it was not cooperative at all. My vcam would shut off every 2 or 3 shots. I don't know if my new active usb cable is already dying or what. I also probably didn't have my mat centered under the light correctly because nothing was matching up shot wise. So I dropped out after two holes.

The shot recording isn't working for me either. Nothing is showing up on the website. Not sure what's going on there.

Comment

Ryan, Camera's disconnecting could mean a weak USB connection. You would benefit from buying a $30 USB 3.0 card and run your cameras off of that. I have a GSA system ( similar to protee) and that fixed all of my connection issues. Shot recording..... did it work before? I don't see Ryan5508 on the list. You need to have your username the same on both sites.

Comment

Working...
                  X