Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Genghis winning the TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The John Deer Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The Open Championship with 3 rounds at Royal Birkdale 2016 (Saturday Clear) : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...n-championship
See more
See less

Looking for DIY Sim Build Guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for DIY Sim Build Guidance

New guy here looking for recommendations on a DIY build. Already bought a folding 12'w x 8'h x 10'd net, cage and screen kit so I can maintain functionality of my garage bay where being installed. BenQ MW632ST Projector and Peerless Quick Disconnect ceiling mount will be here tomorrow. CCE mat has already arrived. I'm $2300 deep into this project with a remaining $3000 - $4000 budget. Wife says $3K but I got a little secret stash...Lol.

I was initially thinking about using a SkyTrak as the brain but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Have some mixed feeling now based on some recent reads. No matter what I go with it appears I'll need to buy a laptop as my old version IPad Mini isn't compatible. Accurate Data, System Reliability & Multiplayer functionality are my main objectives.

If any of you fellows have solid recommendations regarding the brains to add to my hitting bay, I'd love to here your thoughts and be very appreciative. If anyone has experience with Premier DivotAction / E6 package I'd love to get your insight on its worthiness of being a contended.

Skytrak, computer, TGC and see you on the TGC tour!

Comment

Did you make up your mind yet? i got a skytrak and case with the tgc software for a touch over 3000. I also got an msi laptop with with an intel i7 processor 6700 and gtx1070 graphics card. I found a refurbed one for 1500 on ebay.It works great, the speed is amazing. Its the MSI dominator. Im not sure your situation but mine is in a detached garage so i wanted something that can be moved when its cold.

Comment

Yes, I purchased SkyTrak from RBG yesterday for $1525 with "PayPal" promo code. Still haven't bought software but will be doing TGC I think. Laptop arrived Friday, MSI i7 with GTX1060 card. Gotta hang screen, projector and run cabling yet before SkyTrak arrives this week. Not sure how tight I should pull the netting behind the screen though.

Comment

Originally posted by SirNeedaSim View Post
          Yes, I purchased SkyTrak from RBG yesterday for $1525 with "PayPal" promo code. Still haven't bought software but will be doing TGC I think. Laptop arrived Friday, MSI i7 with GTX1060 card. Gotta hang screen, projector and run cabling yet before SkyTrak arrives this week. Not sure how tight I should pull the netting behind the screen though.
          You want it to give a bit I like 4-5 inches of give with my net in the middle as with a screen over top it allows the ball to just drop.

Comment

• SirNeedaSim
            SirNeedaSim commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Sledge!!! Screen is hung now.
        Working...
        X