Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup Twitch and stream your rounds live!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup Twitch and stream your rounds live!

Updated 12/06/2014

Twitch is the service you will use to stream. It will also store your videos in your channel for later viewing.

First, you need to setup an account at Twitch.
    www.twitch.tv/

Then go to this link below and download OBS or Open Broadcaster Software.
    obsproject.com/download

Then install it.

This is the software you will need to actually stream your game screen to a Twitch server, which in turns, will allow others to watch the stream on their devices.

Here's quick video showing how to use OBS. This will get you familiarized with OBS.

If you only have 4 GB ram, don't bother trying to host. I would recommend at least 8 GB of ram. If your video card is so-so, you will have to run the game at minimal detail and even lower the resolution(running Protee, TGC, Optishot in a window). And you must have good upload speeds. You can check your speed below. Make sure to pick a server that's closest to you.

Speakeasy speed test

In order to stream smoothly, I would recommend an upload speed of at least 1.2 mbs.

OBS setup guide:
    OBS guide

1: Start the OBS program.
    2: Start up your game.
    3: Set you game's display or screen settings to Window mode. Select the resolution that matches your display or projector resolution.
    4: Reduce the graphics detail if you have anything less than an Nvidia GTX 660 video card.

5: Hit ALT TAB and select the OBS icon in the task bar.
    6: Right click in the Source box, click Add, then select Game Capture.
    7: Enter a Name box will pop up. Enter the name of your game. i.e. Optishot, TGC, etc...
    8: The Game Capture window will open. Click on the Applications drop down arrow. Select your game. Then click OK.
    9: In the Source box, put a check mark on the capture you just created(Optishot, TGC, etc..)

OBS settings:
    Click on the settings tab and make the changes in all the sections below.

General: In the settings profile box, give it a name. Then click Add.
    Encoding:
    Video Set Max Bitrate = 1000. Set Buffer Size = 1000
    Audio Set Bitrate = 80. Set Format = 44.1khz stereo

Broadcast Settings:
    Mode = Live Stream
    Streaming Service = Twitch / Justin.Tv
    Server = (pick a server that is the closest to you)
    Play Path/Streaming Key = (log in to your Twitch account, click on the down arrow by your name at the top right, click on Dashboard, click on Streaming Key, click on Show Key, highlight the key and select copy, then paste it in this box)

Auto-Reconnect = Check marked
    Auto-Reconnect Timeout = 10

Video:
    Base Resolution = should be the same as the resolution you previous set for the Protee, TGC, Optishot game.
    Resolution Downscale = this will depend on your PC specs. Start with 2.5 (514x330) then try a higher setting later if you want.

FPS = 30
    Disable Aero = unchecked

Click on Apply and then OK.

You're now ready to stream. With your game running, click on "Start Streaming" to stream your game live to Twitch. Click on "Stop Streaming" to end your stream.

Enjoy!

Edit: If your upload speed is less than 1.2mbs, check out John's instructions here: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...our-guidelines
    Last edited by Maverick; 01-08-2015, 11:23 PM.

I just streamed my match with bubba22 at 1280X720 @ 30fps. I used a bit rate of 2500, which is half my upload speed. It looks really sharp and pretty smooth. I also switch to full screen game mode. Check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/zmaxsim/c/3844591

Comment

Can some of you check my twitch channel and see if latest video is playing smooth? Thanks.

Comment

It was too high res for me to be able to keep up without delay.

The others have been just fine and not bad at all to view. For the sake of speed I would say the other res for me.
        Mountain Time

Comment

Thanks SFR. That's the feedback I was looking for.

Comment

We can use more players streaming. I can remote in and help set this up if anybody wants.

Come on guys.....

Comment

Originally posted by "Zmax" post=3488
              We can use more players streaming. I can remote in and help set this up if anybody wants.

Come on guys.....
              remote in an hook me up. My speed should be ok
              GC2 Eastern Time Zone, USA

Comment

Cool. I can do this tomorrow morning or any time Friday.

Comment

tomorrow morning may work. I am getting a snowstorm. So I could get you connected and then I will have to clear snow before I go to work. Or Friday evening I am available.

Comment

Tomorrow morning 10:00 am central?

Comment

ok, I will have the computer on and get you connected.

Comment

Bubs is now setup to stream.

http://www.twitch.tv/bubs3141

Comment

Instructions in the first post completed and update for the current OBS software version.

Comment

Working...
                          X