Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProTee 101 plus setup tips for newbies.

Post questions and setup tips here.

Ok I found the recommended settings. Why do you have to reduce ball speed above certain launch angles for pitching and chipping? Why can't you just leave them at their normal speed. Also why the different settings for chipping vs pitching? Why wouldn't they just be the same?
    Last edited by Cklguy2013; 10-26-2014, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cklguy2013 View Post
      Ok I found the recommended settings. Why do you have to reduce ball speed above certain launch angles for pitching and chipping? Why can't you just leave them at their normal speed. Also why the different settings for chipping vs pitching? Why wouldn't they just be the same?

I'd trust the guys on this one. Lots of time has been put into getting the settings as accurate as possible.

Comment

No doubt you're correct HW, just trying to understand why the setting are reduced.

Comment

Here you go.

Protee : How to setup machine vision cameras This post will explain how to install and setup the machine vision cameras for LA and H-cam. This will be a work in

Comment

It's odd with the settings 2 different LW shots, with two very different results; one with 28 mph of club head speed and a 43 degree LA, carried 11 yards, another with a 25 mph club head speed and a LA of 37 degrees carried 20 yards, so almost twice as far with less club head speed. I guess this is what I'm struggling with as it makes consistency in the short game tough. Also on very short carry LW and SWs of say 9 feet (i.e to the end of my mat), I consistently get a 1 degree launch angles, but if I hit them a bit harder I get a proper launch angle. All very curious...

Comment

Yeah, this happens because the ball and clubhead are crossing the sensor at similar times. Sometimes the clubhead wins and others the ball wins. Makes it somewhat inconsistent. That is why the settings are there to deal with this and give you more consistent readings. It's not a LM but you can get it pretty close. You just need to play with it to find the sweet spot for your type of shots.

Comment

Thanks, yes good advice I'll play with the settings in order to match it up with my swing. Any idea why the really soft shots with a LW or SW would read with a 1 degree launch angle? Sure would be nice if protee rolled out a LM, so we could put all this tweaking behind us.

Comment

Must be LA cam reading the streak wrong. Post a screenshot of the LA cam window when this happens.

Comment

Having the same problem in that soft chip shots won't read, makes playing shots of less than 10 yards impossible

Comment

Screen capture from a typical shot that won't read, this was hit with my lob wedge.
                      Attached Files

Comment

One other piece of information is that when I say a soft chip, that would be one with less than 18 mph of club headspeed, as it seems to read fine with clubhead speeds of > 17 mph... interesting..

Comment

Looks like you are using the default cam settings to me. Read this thread, if it doesn't make sense ask to have someone remote in and help you out. http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...vision-cameras
                          Central Time

Comment

Thanks Throttle, Switched to PT5 and much closer. Now the launch angle is a bit to big because it's picking up a starting point on the left which I believe is the club, and including it as part of the line.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ck, you may want to turn your frame rate down. Its at 112, which is too high. I would suggest going to 60 to start. I have mine set at 30. This will help a lot.

Comment

I'm getting closer. Reduced frame rate and raster. On the really short shots, i.e. 3 yard pops the race is on to see whether it will pick up the ball or clubhead streak, over that distance it's pretty good though. Any suggestion? Or is this just a limitation of the system?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X