Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProTee 101 plus setup tips for newbies.

Post questions and setup tips here.

New user to Pro Tee. Very new to the system. Are there any setting selections that are a must? So far I feel like the yardages are shorter than my club speed should produce ...also one immediate question I have after 2 weeks of playing is can I set a default club for green-side chips? right now it is pitching wedge....i use sand wedge around the green most of the time. Any help would be great!

Comment

Welcome. Are your club speeds right? If so you can adjust your distance by increasing ball speed slightly or decreasing drag slightly. Make sure you test on the range or a course that is flat and not on an uphill shot because there your yardage will be rightfully shorter. The default club is selected by the software and I don't think that one can change that. Hopefully this will be added by Protee.

Why not play online? Anytime you wanna try it just let us know. I would recommend using ZMax settings.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I really have been reluctant to adjust any settings in the interface. I remember when using the system (before purchasing) the owner asking some questions about how far I hit the ball....so I was wondering if there were settings that could be adjusted for each golfers profile. As far as Zmax settings....where can I find these? Thanks for the info about the default club....hopefully that can be adjusted in the future.

Comment

No problem. Here is a start:

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...rface-settings

Join us online. its so much fun. Ask anyone here. Just adjust the settings slightly though. use the recommended to start.
          Last edited by Maverick; 10-14-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Let me try to work through some of these things. I am sure I will have some more questions and be in touch.

Comment

Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by "James" post=1185
                New user to Pro Tee. Very new to the system. Are there any setting selections that are a must? So far I feel like the yardages are shorter than my club speed should produce ...also one immediate question I have after 2 weeks of playing is can I set a default club for green-side chips? right now it is pitching wedge....i use sand wedge around the green most of the time. Any help would be great!
                I think you will find that on average you need to set the drag to be between .9 and 1 depending on the club. I had to take my 3 wood to 1.05 or 1.1 to reduce the distance, but the rest had to have reduced drag.

You can't change the default club for around the green to be sand wedge. Always defaults to pitching wedge. Apparently that is a Red Chain software issue rather than a Protee thing.

Some of the setting you'll end up wanting to adjust (see other posting)
                1) pitching and chipping distance settings and the drag applied for those until you get the ball behavior typical for your shot
                2) wedge spin (increase if you are someone that drops it and it spins back; decrease if you don't get that much spin, etc.)
                3) sidespin or play mode; if you find yourself hooking or slicing way more than in real life and you are convinced it's not your swing, you can decrease that side spin
                4) camera settings - minimum launch angle, min/max reading, etc. - this all has to do with trying to get accurate readings and what the software should assume happened if the camera didn't read
                5) rough / bunker reductions - e.g. 5% reduction if in rough, 10% if in heavy rough, 50% reduction for a green side bunker 10% reduction for a fairway bunker, etc.- put in whatever you typically find appropriate for those
                There are others, just thought I'd list some of the critical ones
                You'll want to play with the wedge spin factor if it isn't giving you
                Last edited by Maverick; 10-14-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Excellent post Libbing.

Btw, mine defaults to a LW.

Comment

Near the green you default to a lob wedge? is that something you set? mine always goes to PW

Comment

Yes. Do you carry a LW? I vaguely remember setting it as default but that might have been with the GSA software. I'll do some digging.

Comment

Mine also defaults to LW. And when I am on the fringe or on the green and have 23 or 24 yard putt in front of me it will select a PW. And it is nothing I set. If there is I don't remember it. One thing I did notice is the carry distances on the wedges is all messed up. In the screen where it says your carry distances the LW has more carry than a gap wedge if I remember correctly. And I am pretty sure that is where the caddy gets its numbers. Mine will never select a 3wood it always selects a 3 iron. Not sure why this happens.

Comment

Ok. I was able to play some golf this morning. Adjusted some of my club carry lengths and reduced drag slightly with driver. What exactly is the drag setting controlling? Also bubba you sent me the link to the form about beta upgrades and zmax settings. What exactly will these give me if downloaded and set. Again guys i am thankful for the help, I am a complete rookie here so sorry for all the questions.

Comment

Mike. I was able to work through your directions as well.. they were great and helpful to game play. thanks

Comment

Just to add a note. I do not have the Launch cameras yet. I also do not have the putting software. The system has been impressive to us even without these items..so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X