Skytrak extremely inaccurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak extremely inaccurate

Was super excited to get the unit. Came in Friday and finally after trail and error got the golf club game setup. Played 1st round tonight and skytrak is very inaccurate. I counted at 1 point 20 shot before it read a chip. It never read any putts and for some reason it would go into putting mode 50 yards off the green. Distances weee way off. I haven't hit a 7 iron 75 yards since I was 7 yet skytrak thinks my 7 iron goes 75 yards. Hitting in the man cave with no restrictions on swing. Any suggestions

Silly question but did you take off the clear laminate on the plastic cover over the camera?
    My courses:
    Aldeen
    Butler National
    Cantigny
    Canyata
    Cog Hill #4
    Harbor Shores
    Harborside
    Naperville Country Club
    Prairie Landing
    Rich Harvest Farms
    Ruffled Feathers
    Shoreacres

Comment

it takes a long time to get use to hitting indoors. Also, hitting off a mat really can reduce club head speed and make you pull the ball - in return in a few weeks you will more clean shot then ever before.

I have owned a skytrak since May - and love it. I use it just about every day but below are some things I noticed.

1. The better player you are the more accurate skytrak will be. Skytrak really makes your bad or medicore hits worse. I have a friend who is near scratch and skytrak is deadly accurate.
      2. Get use to hitting indoors. In the beginning I only used 8 iron and below. Then my hybrids and start few swings outside before you swing inside.
      3. Get use to hitting off a mat. Fat shots off a mat will make your ball go left and about 30 yards short
      4. Hardwire you TGC server, have a very strong wirelesss connection near the skytrak and keep the skytrak battery full. I moved my router next to the skytrak and hardwired the TGC PC and never get a disconnect. Had my first no read today in about 2 weeks.

The sktyrak is great. Since I got the skytrak my game score has only gone down about 2 strokes but I am almost always near the fairway and lose very few golf balls now. I got to play 2 weekends ago and played 36 holes and lost one ball. This is on a course that has water on 40 percent of the holes, trees on the other 30%. Last year when I started playing again I would go thru 4 to 6 golf balls a round there.

Comment

• Lgnir
        Lgnir commented
        Editing a comment
        So what you're saying is, we can eventually pay off our SkyTrak with all the balls we save! I can go for that!

With putts and low flyers (3 wood sorta stuff) I have to put the ball a 1/4 inch behind the red dot and 1/2 inch closer to the unit. Then it always reads.

Comment

Ok I'm gonna look like the biggest idiot but yes jtangm04 you are correct I for got about the plastic cover

Comment

• Joko
          Joko commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha! Kudos for fessing up have fun!

Lol.. that's funny.. good luck and enjoy. Welcome to the sim world.

Comment

I thought you weren't supposed to remove the plastic cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Gobluemason
            Gobluemason commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah mine came with a card specifically instructing NOT to remove the film. Perhaps it's a different film that doesn't obstruct the camera so you're supposed to leave it on?

No there's a screen protector like you get on your phone. it's a film you peel off

Comment

anyone else tired of these threads?

Comment

Rookie mistake..

Comment

No I don't get tired of them, because it is VERY frustrating until you are educated to get things going properly. For example I never knew why my irons would read properly, but my wedges were always 10-15 yards longer than outdoors. Guy said it was because of the mats and the bounce of the wedges. I didn't know that. But without knowing that I always wondered why I could hit a 54 100 yards indoors and lucky to get 85 outside.

Comment

Take a look at this thread:

Apologies if I missed it in my search but are you guys leaving the protective film cover over your SkyTrak lens as they suggest? Cracked open the box to my new

Comment

Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
                    No I don't get tired of them, because it is VERY frustrating until you are educated to get things going properly. For example I never knew why my irons would read properly, but my wedges were always 10-15 yards longer than outdoors. Guy said it was because of the mats and the bounce of the wedges. I didn't know that. But without knowing that I always wondered why I could hit a 54 100 yards indoors and lucky to get 85 outside.
                    I too.. Never get tired of these posts... There is a learning curve to all of this. I had the benefit of using mine outside a lot when I first got it. Learning the ins & outs of the monitor first before trying sim worked for me. Seeing the real ball flight was huge.. I learned to trust the feedback that SkyTrak gave me. Start doubting everything and it is over...Launch monitors may not be for you.. LOL..

Drop kicking a wedge of a mat is different that fatting it on grass for sure. The SkyTrak is pretty damn accurate if used correctly and with some common sense turned on. I have moved to a GC2 recently & still would have no problem practicing on a SkyTrak... We all jump the gun when we don't get the results/feedback we want. When I got my GC2 I could not get it line up correctly.... Had my wife watch me hit 3 shots and she said " You are pulling the ball you putz!" I wasn't starting the ball on line... but didn't want to think that...

Comment

Wyzyguy oh i saw it too and you are a putz....

Comment

• Wyzyguy
                        Wyzyguy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        U saw it last night 😜

The mat has a massive part to play as i have recently found out. Ive been using a very good mat but is designed for range use and if you slightly catch it a tiny bit before the ball it was killing my ball speeds and my scores were horrendous for me. I now have the truestrike mat and it plays like real grass its awesome and given me my confidence back in myself. It does still punish you for hitting it heavy but it it more realstic. I had a mat that you can put a tee in and i found that it was just to unrealistic on bad shot exteme pulls and very short. My setup is now complete and i am happy although my wife isnt.

Comment

• MainStGolf
                        MainStGolf commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Curious about your true strike mat. Do you have it sitting on carpet, wood, carpet??? Does it twist and turn? I've got my hitting mat on carpet and it twists and turns something awful.

• Fieldygolf
                        Fieldygolf commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its on concrete floor on my garage so doesnt move at all
                    Working...
                    X