This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Trak renewal fee....

I bought my TGC with my sky trak last February.....we had to pay $99 fee for ST along with the $1000 for TGC....we were told it was going to still cost $99 each year with ST.........I just got an email that says i need to pay $200 to renew to be able to use simulation software??? This can't be right.....or is it??

• So existing customers pay the normal price, but new customers have to pay the new price?

Comment

• moadhia
      moadhia commented
      Editing a comment
      Existing sim users yes. If you didn't have a sim software (I.e only basic range or pip package) , you will pay 199

• jerry3
      jerry3 commented
      Editing a comment
      thats what it looks like

• Jasonstanley
      Jasonstanley commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I think I'm screwed because when I bought it 5 months ago there was a holiday deal, I got game improvement and wgt supposedly free.

• Wowza... glad I jumped off that train

Comment

• Well, maybe I'll keep my SkyTrak now after all. The BBB sent me the same response that SkyTrak sent me in email. Maybe I'll give SkyTrak a break, seeing as they are doing the best outcome for us, the consumer.

Comment

• See the Facebook announcement just now?

To SkyTrak Simulation Customers:

We want to sincerely apologize for the confusion through the weekend regarding subscription information and levels for simulation use provided by third parties. As some of you have correctly pointed out, the Game Improvement Package (“GIP”) priced at $99.95 per year has served as the gateway subscription to 3rd party simulation software since early 2015.

Information released by our team over the weekend conveyed that the simulation gateway level had been changed to the Play and Improve Package (“PIP”) at $199.95 per year. This change was made to put us in compliance with our licensing agreements with the 3rd party simulation partners. This effort to correct a recently discovered compliance problem that has existed since early in 2015 was implemented poorly and without regard to what had been communicated to you at the time of your subscription purchase.
        Moreover, we failed to mention that we upgraded, at the time of the change, all impacted customers to the PIP package for FREE for the remainder of their current subscription. For most of you, this free upgrade covered 9-11 months. However, for a few dozen it covered only a month or two leading to a lot of unnecessary concern and questions when renewal notices went out via email. WE VALUE YOU AS A CUSTOMER AND WE WANT TO MAKE THIS RIGHT.
        In full recognition of our mistake, we have taken the following action for those accounts that purchased third-party simulation packages and have been provided access under the GIP package sold at $99.95 per year.
        1. At the time of this change, accounts impacted by this change were upgraded to the PIP package at no charge for the remainder of the current subscription, and
        2. for as long as the SkyTrak device stays under your ownership, those same accounts will receive an Exclusive Upgrade Coupon at renewal time to allow the purchase of the PIP package at the same price as the GIP package.
        Our team made a mistake in how it handled a contract compliance problem, and we want to apologize for this error as well as any inconvenience this has caused. We hope you recognize our effort to make it right by grandfathering your ability to have the access you expected, and more, via the free upgrades.
        Since your account had already been upgraded at the time of the change, you should not have seen any interruption in access. However, if you do have a problem, please contact our customer service department, who is standing by to correct any mistakes.
        Again, our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for entrusting us as a resource for your golf practice, competition and entertainment.
        Sincerely,
        SkyTrak Support Team.

Comment

• PS - I'm getting the run around on my situation - I purchased a 1 year PIP plan with WGT back in November because at the time I couldn't afford TGC after buying everything for my sim. I then purchased TGC with the understanding I would only need the GIP package ($99) moving forward when my renewal comes to access and play that software. Despite the Facebook post above, they are saying because I'm already on a PIP plan I will have to continue to purchase a PIP plan each year at $199 to continue to use TGC...

I'm basically being punished for paying for access to WGT this time around permanently ... WGT just cost me who knows how much over my future years of TGC use....

Comment

• Dan Frost
            Dan Frost commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you talking to somebody or just through the chat window? Seems like you meet the criteria...

• Griffinto
            Griffinto commented
            Editing a comment
            Geez, I'm in the same boat as you. I played WGT 3 times then realized it was no good so bought TGC. I never intended to continue purchasing PIP. This offer should be honored for customers that purchased the product before the new requirement.

• mikeingp
            mikeingp commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in the same boat. Tried WGT back in October and it sucked so I bought TGC...now I'm going to get penalized moving forward. That's not right SkyTrak_Seth

• I would consider this very good news for us existing customers as well as new customers. I don't think it's the right move at $200 for new customers, but at least people can make their own decision on whether or not this device with a software package and $200 yearly fee is something they want to get into.

Comment

• ulmaniac
            ulmaniac commented
            Editing a comment
            i agree...we can all go to GC2 or ES16 now...i was about to pull trigger on ST ..dodged the bullet

• Just got this in an email
          To Our Valued SkyTrak Simulation Customers:

We want to sincerely apologize for the confusion through the weekend regarding subscription information and levels for simulation use provided by third parties. As some of you have correctly pointed out, the Game Improvement Package (“GIP”) priced at $99.95 per year has served as the gateway subscription to 3rd party simulation software since early 2015.

Information released by our team over the weekend conveyed that the simulation gateway level had been changed to the Play and Improve Package (“PIP”) at $199.95 per year. This change was made to put us in compliance with our licensing agreements with the 3rd party simulation partners. This effort to correct a recently discovered compliance problem that has existed since early in 2015 was implemented poorly and without regard to what had been communicated to you at the time of your subscription purchase.

Moreover, we failed to mention that we upgraded, at the time of the change, all impacted customers to the PIP package for FREE for the remainder of their current subscription. For most of you, this free upgrade covered 9-11 months. However, for a few dozen it covered only a month or two leading to a lot of unnecessary concern and questions when renewal notices went out via email. We value you as a customer, and we want to make this right.

In full recognition of our mistake, we have taken the following action for those accounts that purchased third-party simulation packages and have been provided access under the GIP package sold at $99.95 per year.
          1. At the time of this change, accounts impacted by this change were upgraded to the PIP package at no charge for the remainder of the current subscription, and
          2. For as long as the SkyTrak device stays under your ownership, those same accounts will receive an Exclusive Upgrade Coupon at renewal time to allow the purchase of the PIP package at the same price as the GIP package.

Our team made a mistake in how it handled a contract compliance problem, and we want to apologize for this error as well as any inconvenience this has caused. We hope you recognize our effort to make it right by grandfathering your ability to have the access you expected, and more, via the free upgrades.

Since your account had already been upgraded at the time of the change, you should not have seen any interruption in access. However, if you do have a problem, please contact our customer service department, who is standing by to correct any mistakes.

Again, our apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for entrusting us as a resource for your golf practice, competition and entertainment.

Sincerely,

SkyTrak Support Team

866-759-4653

Comment

• This is even worse for us UK owners. It's more like $240 for us so this is totally unfair. Will be seriously thinking where I'm going with mine.

Comment

• Well, I'll give SkyTrak credit for actually admitting they made a mistake instead of trying to spin it some way else.

Comment

• awisnia
                awisnia commented
                Editing a comment
                Lgnir "contract compliance problem" that sounds like spin to me The mistake was trying to double the price on us!

• Lgnir
                Lgnir commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, I meant spin it so as there was no blame on them. They admitted they made a mistake, so I will give them credit for that.

• Good news but I guess two things come to my mind :
              - how will this affect the resale value of the unit ?
              - with everyone play sim on GIP, will the GIP increase in price to compensate for a loss of revenue ?

Comment

• I need some help to understand this.. my subscription is up in 2 weeks do I get to buy the 99 package and still play TGC ?..or do I now have to payou 199..I am in Canada and it's a large price difference

Comment

• Lgnir
                  Lgnir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  According to the email, you will receive the PIP package, but should receive a voucher that makes the package $99/year for you.

• What sort of model is that, where you have people paying two different prices for an annual subscription? How is that in any way fair and just?

Comment

• bennyg211
                  bennyg211 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry guys, disagree on this one. The cell/mobile analogy is my point, these plans are changed, so new customers are on a different deal with different features. It's not apples and apples. On this I would be paying double the price annually for same features as somebody who bought a plan last year. I'm a long-time SkyTrak user, but haven't currently been able to make the full use due to travelling extensively for work.
                  Don't know how it works in the US, but is normally he new customers that get the better subscription deals over existing users, certainly with respect to cable or satellite TV.

• bennyg211
                  bennyg211 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That entire 3rd party licence stuff just sounds like spin to me and doesn't actually mean anything. A classic case of saying lots and without saying anything.
                  Last edited by bennyg211; 02-08-2017, 01:15 AM.

• awisnia
                  awisnia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  bennyg211 I'm with you there - although, there may be some bullet clause (lump sum for failing to meet a minimum) in a contract that requires them to pay something... so they decided to raise the rates to cover the bill.

• "a contract compliance problem" how many think they got a bill from one of the sim software companies for a year's worth of licensing fees and someone realized they were making no markup on them??

Comment

• bennyg211
                  bennyg211 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably WGT want more cash from her since they didn't get the take up that SkyTrak promised them to develop the interface???

• good job community

nice try skygolf

Comment

• Props to SkyTrak_Seth for understanding and taking action to make this right for existing customers. At least going forward new customers know what they will be getting into.

Comment

Working...
                  X