This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Trak renewal fee....

I bought my TGC with my sky trak last February.....we had to pay $99 fee for ST along with the $1000 for TGC....we were told it was going to still cost $99 each year with ST.........I just got an email that says i need to pay $200 to renew to be able to use simulation software??? This can't be right.....or is it??

• My subscription was set to expire on February 23 and I was confused as to how to apply the coupon/voucher. I called them and they were able to help me renew my membership with the discount. I called 1-866-940-4279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• nice to see the ones crying the most kissing butt the biggest at the end
      Last edited by aeroburner; 02-09-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Lgnir
        Lgnir commented
        Editing a comment
        You're just a regular troll aren't you dude? You've made two comments this entre thread. The first, a snarky comment stating that nothing was going to happen, and the second, a weak complaint that those that fought to have an agreement honored for something they purchased, did not fight hard enough for those that DIDN'T make the purchase. Now a third post, demeaning those that said "thank you".

• bennyg211
        bennyg211 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's also important to remember that no one was offered anything, and then I mentioned I'd added angry face to the SkyTrak FB post and all of a sudden they came in with an offer to sort existing users. Coincidence, butt kissing? The power of angry face my friend. Teachable moment.

• Zevon
        Zevon commented
        Editing a comment
        What exactly have you done to help? Plenty of people have chimed in on what they think is fair, even when they aren't affected or have already been taken care of. I don't know what you're looking for, but Skytrak losing their butt and going out of business isn't going to help anyone. They admit they made a mistake with this role out and are working to make things right within reason. I believe they'll be doing the best they can to do that after some encouragement.

• Originally posted by bennyg211 View Post
      It's also important to remember that no one was offered anything, and then I mentioned I'd added angry face to the SkyTrak FB post and all of a sudden they came in with an offer to sort existing users. Coincidence, butt kissing? The power of angry face my friend. Teachable moment.
      No one likes seeing an angry face. I for one thank you for having the guts to do what most were not willing/scared to do! haha

Comment

• bennyg211
        bennyg211 commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. Don't worry, the corporates don't scare me pal, I've been debagged at a pharmaceutical conference.

• Who did not get helped? Those who didn't purchase the sim software before the change?
      How about people like myself who purchased the PIP and used WGT for a couple of months, then upgraded to TGC with the expectation that I would renew my Skytrak package with GIP. I'm not being helped...

Comment

• Hearsall203
        Hearsall203 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for PIP subscribers, but I called their Chat yesterday and got the following answer to my similar question, but I would still like to get an official confirmation from Don, the President of the Company.
        8th February 2017
        Randall Adams
        Hello. How may I help you?
        Gerry
        can you downgrade my Sky Trak package please
        Randall Adams
        Could you please be more specific on your query?
        Gerry
        yes, I have a PIP package currently, which I bought before I set up my TGC simulator package. I don't use WGT, hence want to downgrade to just GIP package
        Randall Adams
        I am sorry, We do not have a downgrade option available.
        Gerry
        as otherwise I will be penalised $100/year as a result of recent changes and statements from your CEO
        Randall Adams
        To use a Simulation package you need to Play and Improve Package as a Base plan for the software.
        Gerry
        AS per your CEO statements today, they are upgrading all users with GIP to PIP free of Charge (still only have to pay $99) whist the Skytrak is still registered to them (Grandfathered) so they get PIP for Free. I have PIP don't need it, but will have to pay $200/yr just because I have it now !! Hence I want to downgrade to just GIP
        Randall Adams
        Thank you for your inquiry, please wait a moment while I gather some information for you.
        I am sorry, We do not have the Downgrade option. May I know which simulation software your are using right now?
        Gerry
        TGC
        I have a lifetime membership
        Randall Adams
        I am sorry, We do not have the Downgrade option. To use TGC software It is must to have a Play and Improve Package.
        Since you have already renewed with Play and Improve Package you no need to worry about it.
        Gerry
        yes, but when it comes up for renewal SKyGolf will want to charge me $200/year, whereas other users that only had GIP before, will get PIP and still be charged only $99/year, who's losing out here ?
        Randall Adams
        You will receive the coupon code when your are due to renew plan for the next Year.
        Gerry
        are you just saying that, or can you confirm this is a fact, that when renewing I will only be charged $99?
        Randall Adams
        From next time when you are renewing your plan you will get a coupon code for $99.95 for PIP and you just need to pay $99.95 for GIP.
        Gerry
        Thank you for confirming
        Read
        Randall Adams
        Okay. You are welcome. Thank you for chatting with us. Have a Nice day

• mikeingp
        mikeingp commented
        Editing a comment
        This would certainly be good new for the current PIP subscribers. Not what I was told yesterday but maybe they're coming around...sure hope so. Thanks for sharing this.

• I hope they take care of the current PIP accounts and grandfather them in. If not, this would be unethical business practices to take care of the members who paid less and not all members prior to the rate hike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffinto
        I hope they take care of the current PIP accounts and grandfather them in. If not, this would be unethical business practices to take care of the members who paid less and not all members prior to the rate hike.
        Seems simple to me.... they should just grandfather anyone who had GIP or PIP and TGC prior to the announcement. Otherwise it really is bait and switch. Thereafter on renewal of PIP you should get a $100 voucher to bring cost back to prior GIP level

Comment

• So anyone like me that bought the package deal that included the case and the PIP for a package price is screwed!? My impression was PIP got you WGT, but all I needed was the GIP for TGC. However it was a package deal at the time. I never once played WGT. I tried the E6 demo, purchased PG and TGC. I am due for renewal in a couple weeks. Am I hosed on a technicality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Godfather
            So anyone like me that bought the package deal that included the case and the PIP for a package price is screwed!? My impression was PIP got you WGT, but all I needed was the GIP for TGC. However it was a package deal at the time. I never once played WGT. I tried the E6 demo, purchased PG and TGC. I am due for renewal in a couple weeks. Am I hosed on a technicality?
            I think.... you will be fine, as they say they actually automatically upgraded people to PIP in the Skytrak response a few posts back....so they would be in the same position as you. I phoned the helpline and they said at time of renewal, a voucher will be sent to you and you can redeem against the pip package. Good luck.

Comment

• I paid my $200 1 day prior to Skytrak announcing the reduction. I figured I was going to have to call them and waste a bunch of time to get this squared away, However, I woke up this morning to an email stating they gave me a $100 refund. Kudos to Skytrak for making this right! (especially without me having to call them)

Comment

• penrose
                penrose commented
                Editing a comment
                that is nice...people and companies, since ran by people make mistakes or bad decisions...it is how we deal handle those mistakes that matters.

• Originally posted by Shifty View Post

Thanks for mentioning this. I've been making payments to Cory for my skytrak for the last few months as they have no financing option in Canada (if they did I'd be grandfathered too). I will get it once the payments are finished, as I couldn't afford to purchase all at once. I really have no discourse now, and have to pay double.. correct? I feel a little betrayed still. I'm glad you guys are all happy now, but me knowing that I'm being ripped off by paying double because of a date is really wrong imo. Unsure how I should proceed, as I have little extra money as it is, and am now expected to pay more per year with jnpg/yearly gip, than I pay for my golf membership at my home course. Sorry guys, needed to rant.
              so I guess I should be hung out to dry???? My fault apparently. If this was announced, I would have bought the skytrak already instead of working on my enclosure, and buying the skytrak armor, or buying new wedges. Lack of communication will cost me lots of extra cash. Really disappointed.

Comment

• Did Skytrak ever come back with an offer for the people who had bought a Skytrak with GIP and were about to purchase a sim option? Last I heard they were going away to have a think. Problem is as this thread calms down so will Skytrak's interest in trying to get us back on side.

Comment

• Originally posted by simmb View Post
                  Did Skytrak ever come back with an offer for the people who had bought a Skytrak with GIP and were about to purchase a sim option? Last I heard they were going away to have a think. Problem is as this thread calms down so will Skytrak's interest in trying to get us back on side.

I posted the original question on the skytrak fb page and they said they were working on it. So far no news but i guess it's only been a day or so. Hopefully they will come through. Sister is a contract law lawyer but will only speak to her if skytrak don't come through. Not going to lose it just yet. In the UK we have pretty good consumer rights (like all new products have to be guaranteed for a minimum of 12 months from manufacturing faults not 6 months 😂)

Comment

• Don't know if I'm screwed or not, as I just saw this thread yesterday. I went to cashop.skygolf.com and it clearly states on the site that TGC is included in the $129 renewal fee and I paid to renew. Afterwards I noticed this thread and went to the Canadian skytrak site and the TGC item wasn't checked. I bought the GIP with TGC last year and hope I don't get screwed. Additionally the membership automatically renewed as of yesterday as opposed to extending my membership from the day it was supposed to expire (Feb 24th). If they want to keep an annual subscription model they better get their $hit in order as they are offside renewing from the day of payment as opposed to expiry and there are Canadian laws around that.

Comment

• Lgnir
                      Lgnir commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you sure you are not thinking of WGT? TGC is separate from any P&I package. You either "rent" it for like $450+ a year, or buy it outright for around $1000.

• To all, good job in voicing your frustrations and being heard. I will say, I love their product and the affordability of it. However, you can be assured of one thing, this mistake has sharpened their pencils so they can avoid a shank next time. Skytrak's true colors and lessons learned will show when the TGC2 is launched. We'll know soon enough if they are listening to the voice of the customer and truly care about customers or if they're just SkyJacker's.

Comment

• Question. For those with renewals coming up....will it be $99 for GIP renewal or 99$ for the PIP for those that are renewing. I just logged on to renew and it is stating I have to pay $199 for the GIP with the third party integration. I use TGC.

Comment

• doublebogey
                        doublebogey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They might be coming up w 3 different plans now:
                        - GIP for $100/year
                        - GIP w 3rd party sim integration for $200/year (but $100 off for people grandfathered)
                        - PIP for $200/year (as giving grandfathered customers $100 off this allows them to play WGT, which I'm sure they're wouldn't play anyways - but because PIP includes WGT, SkyGolf might need to pay Topgolf/WGT a revenue split here which might mean they will lose money if give $100 rebate on PIP)

Just guessing here...
                    Working...
                    X