Open Beta - Android Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Beta - Android Testing

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this posted...obviously there have been some bigger fish to fry. So here it is - the first round of open testing for Android. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT contact SkyGolf customer support for anything related to this. I'll just try to manage everything in this thread for now. Everything should work the same as what is currently out there for PC and iOS, with the following exceptions:

1) What testing has proved thus far is that your Android device must have an octa-core (or dual quad-core) processor. The one I have been using is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it works great. Feel free to install it on any device, but at your own risk. Please don't install it on a 5 year old Android device and be upset that the shot delay is too slow. This is the issue right now with Android...they are way behind iOS on processing power and there are a huge number of devices to pick through, compared to Apple's single-device model per generation. The good news is the latest Android devices seems to be catching up to iPad Air 2 speed.

2) For some reason, the latest 2 builds have increased the shot delay to almost double (I was seeing about 4 seconds, now about 8). I know that you guys are itching to get your hands on this, so I'm just going to post this first version as-is. Just know that whenever we figure out this delay issue, I'll post another version. For now, expect 8 seconds as the target delay.

3) I've experienced some re-connection issues if the SkyTrak unit becomes disconnected within a session - often I need to restart the application to re-connect. Again, this will hopefully be sorted soon.

This is not standard policy, more of a gesture, so please be understanding of the above issues and be willing to help us get them resolved.

Not much help but I just got the tab a yesterday and installed the app with no issue. Btw it is slow, shower than my Nexus 6p so I think it's going back.

Comment

Hi all - newb here, so I apologize if this is a dumb question... Is this Android version for skytrak software only (driving range), or is it possible to play JNPG or TGC using an Android device now as well?

Comment

• dborden0
        dborden0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just the driving range

I just downloaded this to my Samsung S8. I don't see an easy way to navigate off of the app. The only thing I found is to press the side button which defaults to Hello Bixby. From there I have soft buttons that allow me to get to my desktop or close existing apps. Not a big deal.

Comment

Using with my Samsung 2014 tablet and works great. Only using it on this for the last month. Any update on the official release date? Looking forward to the full bag mapping!

Comment

We just have one issue left to take care of regarding the unit connection. Once that is resolved, we can launch it. Not long.

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth FYI.. i used my Galaxy Tab S 10.1 tablet (octa core) yesterday for the first time... it worked as well as pc. not 1 single drop out, no long delays in almost any shot. was as good as usb connection on pc. did notice some mean battery drain from the tablet... i was really impressed.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, glad to hear!

Dear @SkyTrak_Seth, is there any update for android app with alignment mode include it?

Comment

Yeah, we are good to go with Android-specific release now. Once we confirm the crash issue is gone from iOS and PC, I will go ahead and post v2.6.5 here for Android for one final run-through before we launch.

Comment

All, here is v2.6.5 for Android. Hopefully we are ready to go with this: https://developer.cloud.unity3d.com/share/bys039YuDf/

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth just a FYI - i downloaded the new version and installed this morning. install was easy, all went smoothly, connected in direct mode and went outside to have a hit.
                  using callaway foam practice balls as i was just doing an initial test quickly. Range worked perfectly, no issues picking up the ball. only had an issue with closest to the pin challenge where after selecting 6 shots, choosing club and taking a swing, i didnt register for there first 4 attempts. unsure if it was me, the unit or the program but nothing worked. i turned the unit off and back on again, as i couldn't pin point the fault... haven't had any problems since. rough guess i would say 1 hour or sim time, numerous shots... seems to be ok so far.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hmmm, I'll give that a go, but sounds like it was just a placement/shot registration issue. Let me know if something like that crops up again.

Working well for me!

Comment

Hi SkyTrak_Seth - I am a new Skytrak owner and have to say that I love the product and have been taking extra enjoyment in my range sessions this week. In 9 months time when my house is built I will be looking to build a full sim option and can't wait!

I have been testing the latest android software (v2.6.5) on my Samsung S8 and have noticed that it won't let me use the export function (I have tried using it for standard range sessions and bag mapping with no success). The small green progress bar comes up when I tap the export button and completes itself but then it does not come up with an email or file to export. I have compared this to the iPhone version of the software on my girlfriends phone and have had no issues exporting using her iPhone. I'm quite keen to export my data to excel so that I can track longer term progress between sessions more easily and play around with some custom visualisation options. Are you please able to assist? Thanks for all your help on this forum.
                    Last edited by Hawkeye; 06-27-2017, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Hawkeye
                      Hawkeye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I should also mention that other than that I have had no issues with the android app. Delay is in line with my PC (~1.5-2.5 sec) and works well for comparing my range ball flight to the app. I have used most of the functionality now with no other issues.

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                    Hi [USER="1180"]I have been testing the latest android software (v2.6.5) on my Samsung S8 and have noticed that it won't let me use the export function...
                    Thanks for the catch! We'll make sure that is taken care before release. Glad everything else is working great for you!

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth just a quick update... used the app for about 30mins in free mode... (practice, closest to the pin etc) then completed bag mapping (12 clubs) and did not have the unit drop out once... i had a few misreads but thats ok, nothing serious... seems like a solid version.

Comment

Runs great on my NVIDIA SHIELD with the HDMI out to the TV or Projector. Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                        X