Bubble level vs in app level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble level vs in app level

Which is best to use? They differ by about a degree. If I was to guess, visually it looks like the bubble is correct, but I know from experience not to trust my eyes. Also, does that 1 degree even matter? Everything seems to be working and calibrated as expected.

its more accurate if you can calibrate against something that is already level. You can check if something is level by putting a marbel or a smooth cyclinder in several directions

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

There was a discussion somewhere in the forum, and the consensus was, it was better to use the app level. I've done that since I read it, and it seems to work perfectly. By the way, when I am at 0 degrees/0 degrees, my bubble is not quite centered.

Comment

• StanMI
        StanMI commented
        Editing a comment
        same for me

• Sledge0001
        Sledge0001 commented
        Editing a comment
        Odd I guess I got lucky with my bubble level. Seems spot on for me.

• colinjm18
        colinjm18 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you rotate the bubble level 180 degrees and it still shows the same then the bubble is correct and the app is slightly out. Assuming you have adjustable feet on your skytrak you could adjust the feet minutely until both the app and bubble show level. That's what I have done.

I use my bullseye level. My app shows a 2 degree tilt when level. I don't trust the app. Just my opinion though. I think it best to find what works best for the individual. This isn't much different than the opinions on alignment to ST face vs laser dot alignment. Some feel they should align to the dots, some feel they should align to the ST face. Don't pick a side, just do what feels the most realistic to you. I feel most SkyTraks are different in some way and even though I don't like it, that's the way it is. You just have to deal with it.

Comment

Working...
      X