skytrak club head speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skytrak club head speed

I would like to know it anyone out there uses something like a swing caddie sc200 to get club head speed or any other units that can get good club speed my skytrak will give a large range of club head speeds on hits of almost same ball speed. Thanks

I have a swing speed radar that I believe has a pretty good rating as far as accuracy. I have used it while using my ST and can say that the ST swing speed numbers aren't very accurate.

Comment

I have the Voice Caddie, and have used it a bunch of times in my SkyTrak practice sessions. I know that the SkyTrak does not actually measure the swing speed, but whatever method it uses to calculate/estimate it, is pretty spot on. SkyTrak has always been within 1-3 MPH of my Voice Caddie.

Comment

• jrz
        jrz commented
        Editing a comment
        That's probably because they're measuring ball speed, which both can do well, and using a standard smash factor (probably 1.5) to estimate club head speed. Smash factor is highly dependent on how you strike the ball, so I would not put any value in this number.

• petroche
        petroche commented
        Editing a comment
        Jrz is correct, I use a swing speed radar while practicing on the SkyTrak range and my swing speed is always shown as being higher on the radar than what is shown on the SkyTrak. The good news for me is now I know I have to spend some time adjusting my swing to hit closer to the sweet spot.

• Lgnir
        Lgnir commented
        Editing a comment
        According to the website for the Voice Caddie, it IS measuring swing speed and ball speed, and uses those to calculate smash factor. So shouldn't my swing speed on the Voice Caddie be the more reliable?

I did a quick comparison of the numbers I get with my SkyTrak vs my Voice Caddie. Hit 5 shots each with a PW and Driver. I've attached the numbers I got below:

Comment

• tom22
        tom22 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks to all in put it looks like from Lgnir post that the driver speed is off the most. I knew that the speed must be off when ball speeds the same or with in 1 mile of speed and club could be off 6 to 8 miles a hour different speeds for the same ball speed shots.

I went through a fitting for new clubs a few weeks ago, using trackman and my current 8 iron. Skytrak was averaging me around the 85 to 86mph. On the trackman for fitting, it was saying the same thing.

that said, I just took delivery of a skypro swing analyser.

Seems to be an issue with the shorter irons, particularly the pitching wedge with swing speed.

Skytrak has shown my son to have a swing speed of around 100mph with a pitching wedge. Same swing, the skypro, which was attached to the golf shaft, said his swing was in fact 82mph.

Comment

As stated in my previous post, my swing speed radar always shows higher club head speed than SkyTrak (+/- 5 mph on driver). Smash factor with driver always shows 1.47 on SkyTrak for me. I think this is highly unlikely with my IRL handicap of 14.7, however, for players with low handicaps their ball striking will be much better and therefore much closer to the assumed (I believe) number shown by SkyTrak.
        Last edited by petroche; 02-25-2017, 06:55 PM. Reason: changed for spelling, I blame the schools.

Comment

VoiceCaddy will always be higher, due to the fact it's measuring the speed of the club from the nearest point on drivers...which is the toe. Voice Caddy will be higher than Trackman as well. The toe of the club moves the fastest.

Swing speed on ST is worthless.

Comment

Working...
          X