WGT two player game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WGT two player game?

Is it possible to play simgolf with two players and one SkyTrak?

tried to search and i know it cant be done on wgt and PC/iPad but cant find the answer when we are talking about sim-play on skytrak

If you mean from the same location - YES, two, three or four players can play. However, you must use TGC or JNPG. However, for TGC tour you need one skytrak per tour player. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by penrose View Post
      If you mean from the same location - YES, two, three or four players can play. However, you must use TGC or JNPG. However, for TGC tour you need one skytrak per tour player. Hope this helps.
      So if i want to play local multiplayer with only one skytrak its JNPG i should aim for.

Is it possible to play local multiplayer with one skytrak and WGT? Or do i need multiple skytraks for that as well? I think its implied in your answer but better safe than sorry.

Comment

You can do local multiplayer with one sktrak and TGC. Can't speak for JNPG as I haven't used it.
        You cannot do multiplayer in WGT.

Comment

You can do local multi-player in jnpg, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
            You can do local multiplayer with one sktrak and TGC. Can't speak for JNPG as I haven't used it.
            You cannot do multiplayer in WGT.
            Thanks.

Got mixed signal here :-) is "tourplayer" in Penrose´s answer the difference here? I can play local multiplayer on TGC as long as i dont sign up on tour?

Hope some JNPG player confirms that local multiplayer is an option.

WGT just got disqualified.

Comment

You can still sign up for the tour as well. They are separate things. Local multiplayer on TGC with a skytrak. You cannot play the tour with local multiplayers. It needs to be one player and one skytrak.

Comment

• dborden0
                dborden0 commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought I read in a different thread that you could pay the tour with multi player on skytrak, but only the primary account counted for the tour. Players 2,3 and 4 wouldn't count. I haven't tried this, but probably will pay this way at some point if this is true.

Thanks for a swift and clear answer.

Comment

Got the final piece of the puzzle in this thread.
                hello i am interested in getting JNPG but have a question on the multiplay (local) option. can you play 2 teams of 2 players (total 4) of scramble play with

Looks like if you first and foremost want to play local, social, multiplayer with spouse, kids, friends etc you should go for JNPG.

If tour play is the most important part and local multiplay is secondary TGC is the correct route to go.

Hope i got this right.

Comment

• Lgnir
                  Lgnir commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The only reason someone would probably go with JNPG for playing with spouse, kids, etc. is that JNPG allows for different tee positions. TGC should address that with the release of TGC2. However, there are quite a few short courses and par 3 courses on TGC that are fun for all.

• TorchRedRob
                  TorchRedRob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  FWIW, tour play is pretty good with JNPG as well

Okay, I’m a newbie! Just set up the Skytrak in the garage—my husband and I would like to both play with one Skytrak simulator. Is this JNPG something we need to purchase or the TGC? Can someone please tell me where to get it and if it is an app to add to the iPad or how we go about this? Sorry to be redundant!

Comment

Not sure if we have to play the “tour”, or if we can just enjoy different courses and play in the same round?

Comment

You're commenting on an old thread. Don't hesitate to start your own if you have questions. Maybe post pictures of your setup in the build section. We always like to see pictures!

To play rounds of golf on courses you need course simulation software. Doesn't sound like you have that yet? Jnpg is no longer available. Most people here have tgc. Runs on a windows pc and requires a good gaming graphics card (gtx 1060 or better). Tgc has over 100,000 golf courses. Some recreations of real courses and some fantasy courses. You can play whatever you want whenever you want. Don't have to join the "tour" unless you want to compete with the others. Your scores won't show up on the tour site unless you play the tour.

Comment

Working...
                    X