• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak v2.6.1 Official Release

2.6.1 Release Notes

- Added new Bag Mapping feature to Game Improvement
    - Added Dispersion Circles to the Practice Range and to Shot History
    - Added Camera Offset adjustment to camera settings (changes where the ball launches on screen)
    - Revised Overhead Plotting Grid
    - Revised Settings Menu
    - Fixed ‘Remember Me’ bug (forgetting app login credentials)
    - Fixed Units of Measurement issues in Challenges
    - Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

here's the video:

Software download: http://www.skytrakgolf.com/download
    Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 03-30-2017, 07:27 PM.

Originally posted by palms13 View Post
    I'm having a problem with the new release and was wondering if anyone else has it too. When on the driving range, once I select a green and the distance of the green, I can not access the menu again to move the green later in my practice session. The practice green settings button that is initially on the left hand side of the screen disappears after setting up a green.
    Yes, I'm seeing that new bug, too. You can restore the practice green button by clicking the bottom of the left side menu to collapse it.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadStick View Post

Yes, I'm seeing that new bug, too. You can restore the practice green button by clicking the bottom of the left side menu to collapse it.
      Thanks I'll try that!

Comment

If I missed it ,I'm sorry but just following up on the "Alignment Mode" question........Any chance we will see it added back in ?????

Comment

I have another suggestion SkyTrak_Seth if you'll permit me. When using practice greens on the range, or indeed the challenges. It might be nice to add a column to the data to show the Strokes Gained methodology for each shot and then for the averages. I think you just need a table of data from the PGA Tour for the averages for each distance and then factor in the chosen distance to the centre of the green that has been picked. Voila, a perfect indication of just how crap my iron game really is.....? Don't think this would really step on the toes of the skills assessment as you could be working on just one or two clubs on the range.

Comment

• James James
            James James commented
            Editing a comment
            Good idea; this could be refined further:
            The data already syncs to Skycloud and I think there is a handicap field in your profile. By mining this data it would be possible to perform much more sophisticated comparisons/analysis (a bit like Gamegolf are starting to do). This would be superb!

• bennyg211
            bennyg211 commented
            Editing a comment
            My thoughts exactly. These are exciting times....

• SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            That's an interesting idea, I'll certainly look into it.

Originally posted by StanMI View Post
          If I missed it ,I'm sorry but just following up on the "Alignment Mode" question........Any chance we will see it added back in ?????
          SkyTrak_Seth

Comment

• Lgnir
            Lgnir commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Seth, I haven't upgraded yet as I am so used to using the alignment feature with a laser level, I'm afraid to see where my ball goes without it. I guess I will try a few practice sessions without it and see how I do, because there are some nice features in the update I want to try!

• SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            The alignment of the unit is no different. Your target line is still ~12" away from the unit and parallel to the casing. Just line up a golf club along the front of the case, then another 12" away and parallel - that will be your target line.

• StanMI
            StanMI commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Seth

Can anyone comment on how well the offset feature is working? I am very close to finishing my build and will be ordering a Skytrak sometime this week. My garage build could be designed better if i can offset, hitting 2 feet to the right of center on the screen. Any comments about TGC offset feature too would be appreciated.

Comment

• dborden0
            dborden0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Worked very well for me. The skytrak adjustment is better than the tgc. Skytrak has more precise adjustments, although both work very well.

• Sledge0001
            Sledge0001 commented
            Editing a comment
            I use it and seems to be spot on. I had to search to find it but a slider allows you to move left or right with ease.

Fore sure a Combine like Trackman or Foresight Skill Challenge would be an extraordinary feature to have in the future. Trying to beat his total score on 6 shot a 10 targets is so much fun. It was one of my biggest disappointment about the
          Skytrak when i was shopping. If you do one in the future look more at theTrakman challenge that is more fun for distance. Foresight distance are a bit long for the average golfer, women or junior.
          As for theTrackmann challenge even my 10 years old son was able to do it. If you want to do even better than the other two
          devices build a challenge that would offer you to choose between junior, women, men and maybe pro. Distinct challenge that each can compare to other of the same group...
          Last edited by Elebrun; 04-05-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• bennyg211
            bennyg211 commented
            Editing a comment
            You mean like this https://youtu.be/MoYzkWcjdBQ

• SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha, we have some more expansion to do in our game improvement section.

• Elebrun
            Elebrun commented
            Editing a comment
            I think SKyTrak_Seth understand what i ment.
            I know about skill assessmemt and it's a great tool too.

Seth,

Alignment mode has worked really well for me in my set-up. When can we expect 2.6.2 which contains the update with its re-insertion in the device leveling screen? Otherwise, loving my Skytrak, and thank you for continuing to add bells and whistles to the app.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
            SkyTrak_Seth commented
            Editing a comment
            This will just be a cleanup release, so a couple of weeks.

When going in to shot history, is there any way to select all shots without slecting them all indiviually.
          Thanks

Comment

• frackh
            frackh commented
            Editing a comment
            Second this request, be nice to use the usual Shift or Control keys to select multiple shots. Or if doing a club comparison, selecting the top line (title) will select all of the shots for that specific club.

• awisnia
            awisnia commented
            Editing a comment
            I assumed it was a ipad/pc thing (no ctrl-clicks)

• ste1010
            ste1010 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Seth, would be useful to have a check box above each club to select all shots with that club

Next release to contain Skypro integration? That's what I'm waiting for......

Comment

BUG in Bag Mapping:

Don't know if others have seen this (or it's just me), but there is a bug exporting Bag Mapping session from your iPad to your email. I finally got back from traveling and did 2 bag mapping sessions today trying out the latest v2.6.1 release and twice when I tried to export, it goes to page 1, page 2 and the app just shuts (and I've lost both bag mapping session's data). I then tried to see if it's a general exporting problem in the new release by exporting a range session, that went ok as normal - so problem is just w exporting of the bag mapping sessions.

SkyTrak_Seth, if you can please look into this, and if it's just a small bug maybe can try to fix in the upcoming cleanup release. FYI I use the iPad Mini 2 w Retina Display. Thanks.

BTW, the Bag Mapping tool is great. Just wished I had more time to review data from it instead of having to quickly browse thru results on iPad and then lose the info permanently.

Comment

• KerrHughes
              KerrHughes commented
              Editing a comment
              Also, you don't lose them permanently, they're saved in your history under "Game Improvement" just click the bag icon next to the session you want to see.

*edit* Apologies I misread, you're saying when you try to export it fails and deletes your session?
              Last edited by KerrHughes; 04-08-2017, 08:22 PM.

• doublebogey
              doublebogey commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok was able to find the bag mapping sessions and export them. Thanks.

However, a couple of times during the exporting the app just shuts - but I would restart app and export again and no problems. Guess might be issue w older processor (or lower memory?) of my iPad Mini 2?

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, it may be a memory issue with older devices...although I haven't had any issue and I'm on the same generation as you but iPad Air (1)

I really like the bag mapping feature!

Does the bag mapping information automatically get saved to skygolf360 like the range shots do?

Also, I would like to be able to name the clubs when bag mapping. For example, driver 11 degrees, driver 12 degrees, etc for tuning your driver

Comment

Hey everyone, i am a new owner to skytrak. Ive had it for about 2 weeks now and have to say i love it. Its pretty damn accurate as far as i can tell and i am a 4.5 handicap IRL. One thing i have noticed is my longer irons and driver it seems to be struggling with reading the correct ball speed, and everything seems to be low. I know about having indoor fright and you dont swing like normal, but i recently went to my local golftown on their GC2 and was hitting everything my normal distances. I have arccos and really do know my distances, but i do notice everything seems slightly on the short side. i stuggle to push my 9 iron to even get to 140 total, when its my go to 150-155 club, and my driver seems to cap out around 275 on a normal swing when my average is 298 on arccos.

Now i am not complaining about short distances or anything, I do have some numbers of some 7 iron shots on gc2 at sea level and my skytrak at sea level if you guys are interested in seeing that. The ball speed is significantly lower on the skytrak.

What i am here for, is to see if anyone is having this issue since the update when displaying through a projector.

I am on PC, i run through network mode, and my projector is setup through HDMI.

What is happening is when i enter range mode, it starts glitching out on me, not on the pc screen, but just the projector. It did not do this prior to the update.

Please see the video below to see what i am talking about.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                GungHoGolf commented
                Editing a comment
                What mat are you using? Some "grabby" mats with crimped, thick turf like the Ultimate Monster (Matzilla now) and CCE will penalize your ball speed severely if ball isn't picked perfectly clean (not fat at all). This is especially true with fairway woods. It's also possible you're swinging slower in your own house than in the Golftown, due to room size and/or subconscious concern for your walls and personal safety.

Regarding your projector display glitching, I don't think there's any way the software update could be responsible for that. Looks like a bad or loose HDMI cable. Does it glitch like that on the desktop, when SkyTrak isn't open? Or it only starts to glitch when ST is open? If it's only with ST, I suppose there's an outside chance that the update now pushes the graphics card harder than previously, and your graphic card is now not quite up to the task of keeping up with SkyTrak.

• Mod Squad
                Mod Squad commented
                Editing a comment
                GungHoGolf i am using a mat that i got from synlawn, it is the teeline turf, i did suspect that it could be my mat, but as i have played more and more i seem to be getting a little closer of distance to what i get in real life, still about 5 mph or so off on ball speed, and club speed seems to be quite low, but i do know thats calculated. I am going to hold my statement of skytrak being accurate as *&*% and im just holding back a tad bit on my longer clubs. My furthest drive on skytrak so far is 303, My average on arccos is 298, my furthest last year is 393, yes there was wind, but it was flat lol. I do feel like im swinging out of my shoes when i push a drive that far on skytrak, but maybe thats cause im not swinging as freely as outside, so give me some more time on this unit and in my setup.

As for the glitching of the screen, it has to be skytrak, my projector does it no where else, it doesnt even do it in the menu of skytrak, only on the range. No glitches on my desktop, wathcing movies, or even playing on JNPG, so it has to be skytrak range related, i have no idea why it only seems to be targeting me

It seems like in bag mapping, when you select 5 shots per club but take only 3 best shots, it actually still takes all 5 shots in calculating the distance for that club in the gapping analysis. Is this supposed to be so or is just a bug? Thanks.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                SkyTrak_Seth commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I think you found a bug. Will fix it in this next update. Thx!

Originally posted by doublebogey View Post
              It seems like in bag mapping, when you select 5 shots per club but take only 3 best shots, it actually still takes all 5 shots in calculating the distance for that club in the gapping analysis. Is this supposed to be so or is just a bug? Thanks.
              This happened to me also

Comment

Working...
              X