Skytrak Screen Protector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Screen Protector

Just curious, did anyone else get a skytrak screen protector in the mail? I got one yesterday, didn't order it or sign up for anything. I've had mine since day one, prior to including a protector so maybe their sending them out to those who bought early.

I bought mine early and didn't have a screen protector when I bought mine either. Just curious what does this "screen protector" look like? Thanks.

Comment

Comment

So that is the hard thick film that is on the lens area of the SkyTrak? Very strange that you got one out of the blue like that.

Question? So your ST didn't have that thick film when you first got it? I wasn't aware of that. If so, why the warning card about not removing it?

Comment

Mine has the thick protective film on it, but I bought mine as one of the used ones on their website for a few hundred dollars off (that they used in demo shows supposedly). Must be the original few didn't have it, so they looked back and sent them to early adopters??? Pretty cool of them to look that far back and help a brother out!

Comment

Yeah, i was one of the very early one's when they originally started to ship them. It did not have this film on there.

Comment

Hmm wondering wbond do you plan to apply that film?

Comment

Yeah am wondering if that film will cause more misreads than w/o the film? And if one already has an Armour or FMJ (which means you are less often wiping the screen) would you still need that film?

Comment

Probably not. I don't touch the lens, just don't want to mistakenly add scratches or anything. Plus I have the protection on there and don't want to take that off just to do this. So we'll see, maybe when i drill holes to add the carry handle, I'll add it then.

Comment

That was my feeling as well. Pretty well known that you have a great Skytrak (Nice 66 second tourney round!), so why mess with a good thing?

From a case standpoint you're cameras have a bigger opening than a guy (myself) with this "screen film". You're able to "safely" get your cameras closer to the action than I am. The only area I think it could help myself with my case could be in the putting department. Definitely has me thinking...

Why the red flags though from Skytrak? Do Not Remove! I get it, gives you an out if you have scratches similar to a phone film. But, it wasn't part of the original build... I wonder what kind of residue could be left behind in removing this film?

Comment

I've had my skytrak for almost 1.5 yrs. It did not come with a hard plastic film, only a very thin film. I made a custom screen protector pretty soon after I got the skytrak. I used the thin film that I peeled off as template...to cut out a section from an old ipad screen protector that I had lying around. Have not had any issues with any misreads since putting that on.

It seems like the one they sent the original poster is the same type or glass screen protector they make for ipads and phones etc..

Anyone else get one?

Comment

I Bought my Sky Trak at Christmas (4 months ago), it came with a screen protector on it and a warning card to leave it on. I've had a few misreads, but from reading the forum, nothing unusual.

Comment

Seth, I have one of the earliest units too, pre-ordered mine before it even started shipping. It also didn't come with a screen protector. Are you guys mailing them out to everyone? I haven't received one. Since wbond got bone, can you guys mail me one too? Thanks!

Comment

Seth I was an early adopter also and had often considered fabricating a screen protector myself. I have had my unit since 2015.. My screen does not have any form of protection on it. Any chance we can all get one if our unit did not originally come with one. Thanks

Comment

• N54TT
                              N54TT commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Did you get a screen protector? If so how? I would like one too.
                          Working...
                          X