TGC hooked up Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC hooked up Today

Hello again everyone. I have my TGC working today and tried playing the Augusta Par Three course. What a disaster!!!!! I took a ten on each of the 5 holes I played!! That was a mercy score. I never made the mall go in the cup...... ever!!! The problem was with the sim. I would take a full wedge swing off of the tee and my ball would dribble off the tee box and I'm talking about a nice shot. Great contact etc. When I would eventually get near the green and need to chip the ball, I would take chip at the ball and it would go 90 yards. I got on the putting green once and when I putted, my ball went screaming across the green and into the wood. The whole experience made me laugh. So, my question is how do I get the sim to read my shots correctly?? Please help!

What sim do you have?

Comment

I bought The Golf Club sim program.

Comment

• mikeingp
        mikeingp commented
        Editing a comment
        I think keither5150 was asking what hardware you're using with TGC...gc2, skytrak, protee...

• Yrrdead81
        Yrrdead81 commented
        Editing a comment
        He is asking about your hardware. GC2, ProTee, etc..

• KerrHughes
        KerrHughes commented
        Editing a comment
        I would imagine Skytrak given the forum section.

Sorry, I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff. I run it on an Alienware laptop with an i7 and 1070 graphics card. I had it plugged into my ST. My wifi is running on an AirPort Extreme and it has a download speed of 50mbs and an upload of approx 12mbs.

Comment

When you're playing a round, check when you're on the tee box if you're in putting mode, and when you're on the green or fringe if you're in normal mode. It sounds to me like somehow the modes swapped. I'm on Windows 7 and run TGC in windowed mode, and for me every time I get to the green or fringe, a little pop up shows in the lower right hand corner saying something to the effect of "TGC Simulator now in Putting mode," and then when I'm off the green or fringe, "TGC Simulator now in Normal mode." You might also confirm your shot selection. Hit P when you're on the green and the putter should be the listed club at the upper right hand part of the screen. Likewise, when you're off the green, try using the numbers on your keyboard to select the appropriate club, or hit P to get out of putting mode if it's in that mode for some reason.

Anyway, not sure if this is your issue, but it sounds like it could be. Hope it helps. Good luck - you're going to love it when everything is setup right! Have fun!

Comment

Thank you for your insight. I will take a look at that tonight or tomorrow. I can't wait to get this going.

Comment

• GolfGuy72_2000
            GolfGuy72_2000 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck, Milton - hope it works out for you!

Couple other things that might throw off your readings; do you have white club heads? are you wearing white or reflective shoes or pants? is there anything shiny or reflective behind you that might interfere with the cameras? For the best results, black non-reflective background, dark shoes and pants...

Comment

Thanks. I have standard clubs and I was wearing brown leather shoes. Also, my ST works fine when I use it without TGC software.

Comment

Make sure you are only using TGC app and not running the SkyTrak app at the same time. I always reboot after using either one to make sure there are no conflicts.

Comment

Working...
              X