SkyTrak and TGC Putting Still Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and TGC Putting Still Off

I have the latest TGC patch and the new putting setting turned on, but am still seeing putts that randomly go 3 degrees to the right or left. Is anyone else seeing this? I thought the new setting was going to eliminate this.

Mine is all good now. I think I had to restart the skytrak interface in order for it to take. Probably restart your computer just to be sure. Other than that, idk man. Good luck.

Comment

I haven't seen any randomness since the last update. I'm pretty sure it's called "straight putting" to be clear.

Comment

Mine is good.
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Yeah the same as others are stating the last update/patch sorted the issue with putting out for me as well.

Comment

Yep, this happened to me last Sunday when trying to get the tourney in, and after nine holes of practice and 17 tournament holes of screwing with trying to fix it, gave up and watched Coachella instead. Haven't fired up the unit since, more due to work and family, but will tomorrow. It wasn't consistently three degrees this time for me, sometimes it was four/five and sometimes two. Also, it wasn't just 7-10 footers, it was longer putts like 30 footers too.

Comment

• jrz
              jrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Just to clarify - you have the latest TGC interface installed and have enabled the horizontal putting angle setting in the settings file?

• FirGir
              FirGir commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah jrz I should have added that I downloaded the putting patch 3.02 before the Masters and it worked great with Putting Straight=ON. At RBC my horizontal angle on putts ranged from 6.1/-3.8, which got frustrating quickly and adjusting the settings/saving didn't help. I'll let you know how it goes later today but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be an error on my part of some sort.

• FirGir
              FirGir commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey jrz I played 54 holes yesterday and the Putting Straight=ON patch worked perfectly. Not sure what was going on with mine last Sunday but I don't think my putting stroke was as erratic as the readings I was getting. I did clean the protective lens on the SkyTrak before getting started. Sorry that I can't help further, good luck.

This is what it should be. I've had no issues and all putts are registering zero on shot recording.

Putting Straight=ON

Comment

Ok, thanks everyone. I'll re-check my settings file. My guess is that there's a space in there that is causing some settings to not be read correctly.

Comment

Mine is the same. Still get some jumping left or right even with the setting on. Let me know if you figure it out.

Comment

I have putting straight = on. While playing last night with a friend he insisted that one of his putts had the 3 degree jump, however, after watching a replay of his putt, it was just a big slope on the green that started about 2 feet from his ball position. I'm not saying that this explains the problems that others are experiencing. I just think it's sometimes makes more sense in the replay than in real time.

Comment

• jrz
                    jrz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The only way to know for sure is to look a the shot info screen after a putt. If you don't have it set to automatically show you can bring it up by hitting the I key.

• keither5150
                    keither5150 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Check your shot data as well. Jrz's straight putting is not working..... maybe send ProTee a PM with your txt file attached... you may also want to download it and install it again.

Make sure you stop the TGC server, otherwise it will keep using your old settings.

Comment

• jrz
                    jrz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I shut down my PC after each round and have checked many times to make sure the setting is still there.

ProTee United Does it matter where the Putting Straight=ON setting is located in the settings file?

Comment

• dborden0
                    dborden0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I originally had it in the skytrak section and it did not work. I moved it to the top off the file and it started working.

i installed the straight putting patch and loved it. The I installed the patch that allows adjustment of green speed and stump etc and adjusted that to more

Comment

Working...
                  X