This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and The Golf Club (TGC) Simulation Software

Hi Seth. I'm new to this forum but have been reading as much as I can about SkyTrak on this and other forums. It seems that many experienced sim users think that The Golf Club game is the best simulator software out there right now. In fact, if I'm understanding and remembering things correctly, Bubba22 and Zmax were instrumental (please correct me if I'm wrong) in getting ProTee to integrate their sim hardware (and gc2) with The Golf Club software. So my question to you/SkyTrak is simply this: Has there been any thought to integrating SkyTrak with The Golf Club? And if so, what are the odds that this might happen? And if so, when?

• What's the latest version of TGC please?... I'm just trying to establish if there's been an update to the software since the last time I played a few months ago.

Comment

• I am new to this forum and new to SkyTrak. In fact, I should be receiving my SkyTrak on Tuesday, and really look forward to using it with my Net Return. I have read through a lot of this forum and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has come before me and have shared their experiences with using TGC and SkyTrak. Of the three simulator software packages available for the PC, I believe I will get the biggest bang for my buck with TGC.

After reading through this thread, I believe I have an excellent idea of what I need to do to get my PC running the software the best. I'll be purchasing TGC software in February and look forward to a fairly easy time of it, thanks to all the advice that has been given here. Thank you all for helping us "newbees" with your experiences and advice!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lgnir View Post
        I am new to this forum and new to SkyTrak. In fact, I should be receiving my SkyTrak on Tuesday, and really look forward to using it with my Net Return. I have read through a lot of this forum and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has come before me and have shared their experiences with using TGC and SkyTrak. Of the three simulator software packages available for the PC, I believe I will get the biggest bang for my buck with TGC.

After reading through this thread, I believe I have an excellent idea of what I need to do to get my PC running the software the best. I'll be purchasing TGC software in February and look forward to a fairly easy time of it, thanks to all the advice that has been given here. Thank you all for helping us "newbees" with your experiences and advice!
        Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Does anyone know if TGC or any of the others have plans to offer a small starter package? I'd be all over a $100 1 - 3 courses. Or, a green fee where you can login and play a course for 25.00 for 24 hours Etc. Thoughts? I have to think a huge number of folks would pay to play without a 800 Investment or 200+ a yr.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Colonel Angus - I don't want to sound rude here, but many of us are grateful that we are able to make the $800 one time investment. We don't like the idea of reoccurring fees. Many people play TGC daily and with your suggestion our investment pays for itself in one month. We still have the $100 reoccurring ST fee, but we can't get around that as of right now.

I understand that some will not want to or are willing to play every day, but if you change the amount to once a week it still pays for itself in less than a year.

If you're worried about not liking the software I believe you can download a cheap computer gaming version for testing. TGC is phenomenal, has 100,000+ courses and growing. I haven't heard of anyone saying that they just didn't like it. Just some thoughts to consider...

• moadhia
            moadhia commented
            Editing a comment
            Where do you see the TGC as $800 ?

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think there was a holiday special or maybe a coupon code. Not sure, I payed closer to $900 for my copy. That was because I didn't do enough research on this site before pulling the trigger. I believe aeroburner was maybe selling some copies, not sure on that.

• Thanks! I agree it's just a lot after everything else in two weeks, projector, screen, net return, laptop, ST, Mat. i'm sure once I get it I'll forget the cost.

Comment

• Sascha1818
            Sascha1818 commented
            Editing a comment
            You sure will, I did after I played my first round on it.

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, what sascha said.

• I was going to wait for my new mat and FMJ to arrive (sometime this week) before I bought TGC, but I couldn't help myself and pulled the trigger last night. I have heard both good and bad about Pro Tee support, but I have to say, my first experience with them was excellent! It was all my fault too. I was trying to register my software, and was not putting in the Machine ID (I was sending the SkyTrak serial number). I received three separate emails telling me that I was entering the wrong information, and the third gave me explicit directions on how to find what I needed. They could have easily said, "This guy's an idiot, he can wait until Monday" but they didn't give up on me!

This was late on a Saturday night. I really figured it would be Monday before I got my key, but nope! I had the software up and running last night, and have spent some time this morning just figuring out the software, and trying out some par 3 courses to work on my iron game. Really looking forward to trying out the tour!

Comment

• Sascha1818
            Sascha1818 commented
            Editing a comment
            Join the tour, it's awesome. And I have to say that the Protee Support is the best customer Support I ever had to deal with.

• Just bit the $1k bullet and bought TGC. Now just have to wait for the activation process and hope my old PC can handle it w/o having to buy new parts.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            You will love it! You get one round to decide. Lol! Phenomenal.

• Is there any way to edit the bag/clubs in TGC?

Comment

• Lgnir
            Lgnir commented
            Editing a comment
            I was wondering that too. I read somewhere where someone said it does not matter what club is selected, but I do not know if that is true or not. For instance, I carry a gap wedge, and TGC goes from PW-SW-LW. No Gap Wedge. As an experiment, I chose both the PW and SW and hit my GW, and I DID get the same distance I get on the course with my GW with both the PW and SW selected, so maybe it doesn't matter.

I was wondering that too. I read somewhere where someone said it does not matter what club is selected, but I do not know if that is true or not. For instance, I carry a gap wedge, and TGC goes from PW-SW-LW. No Gap Wedge. As an experiment, I chose both the PW and SW and hit my GW, and I DID get the same distance I get on the course with my GW with both the PW and SW selected, so maybe it doesn't matter.
          No, it doesn't matter what club you pick. You can pick driver for the wedge as it'll read all the same. Only clog that reads differently is the putter, which sets backspin to 0.

And no way to edit the bag yet, we are all hoping it's in one of the next updates

Comment

• WOW, just WOW.

I've been waiting for my gorilla mat to arrive, (it did yesterday) so I can start playing TGC. I've been reading the forums on graphic settings and adjusted everything to what I believe the consensus of players recommend. Got my ST in my FMJ, laptop hooked up to a monitor, and played my first 9 holes on the Magnolia (Augusta National) par 3 course. Garrysatterwhite told frackh above he "has one round to decide", and he was not kidding! It only took me 9 holes on a par 3 course to decide I made a great decision in purchasing TGC!

The graphics and game play were amazing. Everything was running smooth as silk and I found myself staring at the monitor at times just enjoying the view. I did pretty good for myself with 6 foot gimmies enabled and shot 3 over. My only thought now is to get to bed, so I can get up and get my "honey-do's" completed, and then play a full 18 holes!

Man, I'm going to be sending a LOT of time in my garage.....

Comment

• Whiskeyjack
              Whiskeyjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for replying. Been checking them out but can't find a supplier in Canada. Not even on Ebay. Closest I can come is Country Club Elite.
              You wouldn't know how they compare to yours would you?

• Lgnir
              Lgnir commented
              Editing a comment
              No, I don't know how It would compare, but have you tried this web site? http://5stargolfmats.com/

• Whiskeyjack
              Whiskeyjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I sent them an request for information from their site 4 or 5 days ago, they haven't gotten back to me yet I might call them this week. If they were on Ebay I would have bought one already. Big problem about shipping to Canada from out of country is the Import charges they hammer you with at the door by the shipping companies. I bought a dress for my daughter from an online place in the US. Was $65 + delivery when it arrived the delivery company wanted another $40 dollars or so in import fees.

WOW, just WOW.

I've been waiting for my gorilla mat to arrive, (it did yesterday) so I can start playing TGC. I've been reading the forums on graphic settings and adjusted everything to what I believe the consensus of players recommend. Got my ST in my FMJ, laptop hooked up to a monitor, and played my first 9 holes on the Magnolia (Augusta National) par 3 course. Garrysatterwhite told frackh above he "has one round to decide", and he was not kidding! It only took me 9 holes on a par 3 course to decide I made a great decision in purchasing TGC!

The graphics and game play were amazing. Everything was running smooth as silk and I found myself staring at the monitor at times just enjoying the view. I did pretty good for myself with 6 foot gimmies enabled and shot 3 over. My only thought now is to get to bed, so I can get up and get my "honey-do's" completed, and then play a full 18 holes!

Man, I'm going to be sending a LOT of time in my garage.....
            Haha stories like this take me back to my first time playing on tgc. You definitely captured the initial experience perfectly there.

Comment

• Hey guys any one have any ideas ... my sky track / tgc setup was working fine... tried to use seems my skytrak interface sees my unit we are connected tgc sets up fine but I think I actually have no connection in tgc software I'm a lefty my golfer is set up for lefty but the interface is set up for righty with a grey option to change a viscous golf cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• frackh
                frackh commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm a lefty too, during the initial TGC set up, I had to go into game in the player selection and then edit from RH to LF from there, not from the TGC Launcher.

• SkyTrak_Seth and ProTee United I noticed in the settings files for Skytrak TGC it has things for backspin as well as chipping mode. The only two things I find really unrealistic about the game are rollout and chipping distances. Roll out may be the driver for the second one. I noticed that when I'm putting I get a notification from the skytrak interface that the machine is going into putting mode. Then back into normal mode for other shots. (sometimes putting mode for short chips). How come it never goes into Chipping Mode? Is there such a thing? I thought Backspin and chipping corrections being turned on would help the rediculous roll outs I get but they dont seem to? Anything I can do? Is there a plan to fix this?

Anyone feel free to jump in. I really appreciate how awesome everyone on this forum is!

​​​​​​​Chris

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                SkyTrak_Seth commented
                Editing a comment
                I think ProTee will need to address this. We only have normal and putting mode, but putting mode was just improved to allow for chipping. TGC actually has had this in their game for awhile now but I can't comment on the settings.

• Helpful tip to new Skytrak / TGC users....if Skytrak drops connection during a round, you can reboot and reconnect your Skytrak without having to start over the TGC round. To do this, minimize the TGC window on your screen, and then "restore" your TGC Interface by clicking on the little icon on the bottom right of your Windows PC screen. To see that icon, you need to click on the little up arrow next to your speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. There you will see the little red or green TGC icon. Right click on that and then click "Restore". This brings you back to the TGI Interface screen, which disappeared after you launched your TGC round. While this screen is up, reboot your skytrak and then press "Connect Box". Once it connects (which may take a couple tries), don't press "Play Game" - just jump back to the TGC window that you minimized earlier and everything should work. From that point forward, your TGI Interface will be visible at the bottom center of the screen (you don't need to click the up arrow to see the icon), and you can click that icon in the center to repeat the process if it drops out again. I saw a post explaining this 6 months ago but couldn't get it to work because I was doing it wrong - I was going back to my main Windows desktop and re-launching the TGC Interface app, which doesn't work if TGC is already running. Wish I figured this out six months ago. Until now, every time it dropped out, I had to exit TGC and re-launch the game, and if >1 players were playing, it would forget everyone's scores and settings for all except the main player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark72 View Post
                Helpful tip to new Skytrak / TGC users....if Skytrak drops connection during a round, you can reboot and reconnect your Skytrak without having to start over the TGC round. To do this, minimize the TGC window on your screen, and then "restore" your TGC Interface by clicking on the little icon on the bottom right of your Windows PC screen. To see that icon, you need to click on the little up arrow next to your speaker icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. There you will see the little red or green TGC icon. Right click on that and then click "Restore". This brings you back to the TGI Interface screen, which disappeared after you launched your TGC round. While this screen is up, reboot your skytrak and then press "Connect Box". Once it connects (which may take a couple tries), don't press "Play Game" - just jump back to the TGC window that you minimized earlier and everything should work. From that point forward, your TGI Interface will be visible at the bottom center of the screen (you don't need to click the up arrow to see the icon), and you can click that icon in the center to repeat the process if it drops out again. I saw a post explaining this 6 months ago but couldn't get it to work because I was doing it wrong - I was going back to my main Windows desktop and re-launching the TGC Interface app, which doesn't work if TGC is already running. Wish I figured this out six months ago. Until now, every time it dropped out, I had to exit TGC and re-launch the game, and if >1 players were playing, it would forget everyone's scores and settings for all except the main player.
                Damn I wish I knew this 2 days ago when I had people over and the skytrak lost connection! I rebooted everything and lost our first few holes we played... Great info to know

Comment

Working...
                X