X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and WGT

Hi all,

I have seen many people asking about skytrak and WTG and it seems like that the people who are beta testing TGC and E6 have never
    played or tested WTG. It seems like nobody in this forum has tested it. There is no videos ... nothing. But from what I keep hearing
    skytrak is coming out with WTG first...? Is there anybody who has some more detailed info or talked to somebody who tested it ?
    I'm only interested cause I'm pretty sure it will be the cheapest of all versions and to test it out it would be that big of an investment.
    I own a skytrak since about 5 month and can't wait for course play. The problem is I'm on the road a lot so I will not be able to play
    on a regular basis. That's why TGC ,even that it seems to be the best choice, doesn't make much sense if it's going to be a monthly
    prescription. Really hope to get some infos or even videos about skytrak with WTG.

Nice shot TurfWar !!!!!

ryanoneill1, ha! I probably would have done the same. Putting firmware isn't on your unit yet. It might work every now and then, but it'll be a lot better with v2.0.

Comment

• ryanoneill1
      ryanoneill1 commented
      Editing a comment
      is there a date for that release?

I wanna go hooooome now !!!!!!! I wanna try it myself !! but guys do me a favor and keep the videos coming. At least I have something until I make it home. TurfWar I didn't see any shot data on your video. Did it show up ?
    Last edited by Sascha1818; 09-04-2015, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• ryanoneill1
      ryanoneill1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel you. I am at home, but Skytrak and iPhone just died

Originally posted by Sascha1818 View Post
    TurfWar I didn't see any shot data on your video. Did it show up ?
    I think they hide everything for the replay videos, including their own overlays. However, that's just what beta is for - that's a great idea to show the shot data!! I'll pass it along.

Comment

Can't wait to get home. Seth, thank you for informing us of this trial

Comment

Can somebody please show a video of it in action???? PLEASEEEEE!!!!

Comment

• ryanoneill1
          ryanoneill1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Skytrak is still charging, but it looks exactly like the PC/Iphone game. Right now you can only play games(or I only saw that). So like if you click on pebble beach its starts on the 3rd hole from 150 yards out. Then the next hole might be the 5th hole from 30 yards out. Then 8th hole from 190 yards out. These are just examples. I should be back on in around 2 hours and can post a video.

Not sure how to capture ipad footage otherwise I'd do a vid of the actual game play. Let me look into,it and see what I can do.

In the mean time check out this beauty. I'm not a great golfer but sometimes you get a bit of luck!...

Comment

• Sascha1818
          Sascha1818 commented
          Editing a comment
          nice shot !

Is this available on all platforms? IOS, PC and android?

Comment

Okay so quick thoughts after a 30 minute run on the challenges. I played it on my iPhone 6 Plus airplaying to a monitor. It took a while to make the connection, but once it did it was golden. No missed shots. The delay was only a few seconds and it even said "calculating shot" so you know what it is doing.

In a nutshell, this was awesome. A great entry into what is possible for simulation. I hope, hope the price is kept reasonable.

Comment

I got to the point where WGT is Connecting... and it sits there forever and never "connects"
            Strange thing is that Skytrak is on and all 3 LED's are Green and the dot laser is on.
            Skytrak app is not on.
            Process is like this (and I am in network mode)
            iPad is restarted and has no apps running, Skytrak is off.
            1. Turn on Skytrak and wait for Yellow light to stop flashing. e.g. Skytrak has found the router.
            2. Turn on WGT app and do the options, Skytrak, on.
            3. Skytrak goes yellow to Green and then all 3 go green and laser turns on. But WGT is still Connecting ...
            While it does so Skytrak is 3 x green and laser on. When iPad goes to sleep Skytrak goes from bottom up Green, yellow, red.
            When iPad is woken up, Skytrak goes 3 x green and laser goes on, but WGT is still Connecting ...

Comment

Try hitting cancel when its stuck at connecting. Let the wgt app launch fully go back to profile options and enable skytrak again. I think thats what i did.

Comment

• davray666
                davray666 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks, that worked!

• apljb
                apljb commented
                Editing a comment
                That was the trick for me too, thanks.

I must say I am very impressed with the game play / integration from the demo challenges thus far. Great work skytrak/wgt. You kept that secret well Seth not mentioning it until boom its out there...

Comment

I'm delighted to be able to share this with everyone. My golf isn't great but than again, that's why I bought a SkyTrak! Enjoy...

Last edited by TurfWar; 09-04-2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Huge step in the right direction.

Comment

I'd like to know who is using what device to connect - please comment.

I'm using an ipad mini 2 with/retina - can\t connect
                    Also using an iphone 6 - can connect

Comment

In terms of the delay between playing a shot and noticing the ball flight in the software I'd say this..

I measured a few hits in order to time the delay between strike and ball flight and would say it's between 3.6 and 3.9 seconds at present in WGT using an iPad Air 2. While that is a baseline result which 'sounds' like quite a delay, it's worth me starting by saying that when you're playing a shot and timing the SkyTrak delay you measure the time between true ball strike and software ball strike. Interestingly, in reality you still need to complete the golf swing with follow through and finish AFTER the ball strike before you become conscious of any lag and what that means is that while a 3ish second delay sounds off putting, in reality there is no discernible issue. When I was hitting shots, I'd strike the ball, hold my finish (on the good shots!), look away from the NetReturn and look over to the iPad screen where I'd then see the ball being struck.
                      Last edited by TurfWar; 09-05-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• aja
                        aja commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ahem! No discernable issue! In real life, when you strike the golf ball, it launches and eventually lands. Agreed.
                        What you are suggesting, with Skytrak is, you strike the golf ball, 3 seconds pass, it eventually launches, and then it eventually lands! Seems to be a quite discernable issue, to me at least!
                        Happy golfing!
                    Working...
                    X